Places to Buy Engine Oil

jonsuta

Hi Bro/Sis,

My next service is coming up and will be going to PML. Considering to purchase engine oil outside and pay the S$55 labor charge to PML for service.

I remember that a lot of bros/sis were recommending to go to MX Trading. Seems that I misplaced the shop's address and phone number. Any of the bros/sis can advise me of the address and phone number of MX Trading?

Besides MX Trading, any other shops that can be recommended for reasonable price? (considering to purchase Mobil 1, Amsoil, and etc.)

Thank you, in advance.

Re: Places to Buy Engine Oil

jonsuta;552773 said:
Hi Bro/Sis,

My next service is coming up and will be going to PML. Considering to purchase engine oil outside and pay the S$55 labor charge to PML for service.

I remember that a lot of bros/sis were recommending to go to MX Trading. Seems that I misplaced the shop's address and phone number. Any of the bros/sis can advise me of the address and phone number of MX Trading?

Besides MX Trading, any other shops that can be recommended for reasonable price? (considering to purchase Mobil 1, Amsoil, and etc.)

Thank you, in advance.

Here you are:
http://www.mxtradings.com/where to buy.htm

Mobil 1 0W40 just came in last Thursday. 1 quartz $13.50

For the last oil change, I've tried the Mobil 1 0W-40 (LL-01). The performance of the ride is a bit smoother than the Castro 0W-40 that PML had used, but not by a lot. I was thinking that probably, the previous oil change was a transition phase, which the engine is in the mist of adapting to the new oil, while there are still a bit of the old Castro oil left. So, for assurance, I'm thinking about using Mobil 1 0W-40 again for the next oil change to have a full Mobil 1 performance.

However, I'm also considering to give Amsoil 5W-40 (LL-04) a try, as I was looking at the comparison graph on the website and seem that Amsoil will perform with less friction than any other brands, including Mobil 1.

Any bros/sis have experienced both? If so, care to share your experiences?

Thank you, in advance.

Sorry to hijack here, but I'll like to know too if anyone else have tried OWS or Bio-Oil in their bimmer rides at all? Would be great to hear about your future findings n Amsoil as well bro jonsuta...

Have been using M1 previously for most of my rides. Last month went down to MX to get Mobil1 but no stock. So only can get Amsoil 5w40 for my 1st servicing. do not feel any difference from the existing oil in the car.

so in preference, i would still go for M1 in future.

jonsuta;552817 said:
For the last oil change, I've tried the Mobil 1 0W-40 (LL-01). The performance of the ride is a bit smoother than the Castro 0W-40 that PML had used, but not by a lot. I was thinking that probably, the previous oil change was a transition phase, which the engine is in the mist of adapting to the new oil, while there are still a bit of the old Castro oil left. So, for assurance, I'm thinking about using Mobil 1 0W-40 again for the next oil change to have a full Mobil 1 performance.

However, I'm also considering to give Amsoil 5W-40 (LL-04) a try, as I was looking at the comparison graph on the website and seem that Amsoil will perform with less friction than any other brands, including Mobil 1.

Any bros/sis have experienced both? If so, care to share your experiences?

Thank you, in advance.

Below article of oil..., might be of interest to you......
About the author:

Hi all,

sorry to hijack the thread. I'm new to the BMW forum in singapore and hope to get some help from the members here.

Any idea where i can buy Petronas engine oils?

Been using their oil when i was in Europe for my BMs and they work fine as compared to other brands that i've tried. They used to be the factory fill for BMW in Europe. Tried their Syntium 5000, 0w-30 and 0w-40 ester base lubricants.

Checked their website for the specs and they have BMW LL-04 & LL-01 approval.

Waiting for my new car to be delivered and would like to change to Petronas Lubricants but i can't seem to find a workshop that sells the oil in Singapore.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers all!

hogger;555644 said:
Hi all,

sorry to hijack the thread. I'm new to the BMW forum in singapore and hope to get some help from the members here.

Been using their oil when i was in Europe for my BMs and they work fine as compared to other brands that i've tried. They used to be the factory fill for BMW in Europe. Tried their Syntium 5000, 0w-30 and 0w-40 ester base lubricants.

Waiting for my new car to be delivered and would like to change to Petronas Lubricants but i can't seem to find a workshop that sells the oil in Singapore.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers all!

You should be able to buy them at Carrefour Suntec or AAS. Pretty decent stuff actually.

i haven service the car yet as car is new.. so for my upcoming servicing, is change of engine oil required? how many litres required?

can some1 recommend me a specific engine oil to buy? tot of buying outside and bring to PML instead..

thanks!

hogger;555644 said:
Hi all,

Thanks for the help.

Cheers all!

Heliosphere Pte Ltd is authorised distributor for Petronas Syntium and other oils in sg... contact 92487750.

Isn't it better to let PML bao everything? at least got things go wrong or what, can blame them. And how ever much engine oil they need to use they will use. No need to buy 2 x 4L canisters.

DebadgedA6;589248 said:
Isn't it better to let PML bao everything? at least got things go wrong or what, can blame them. And how ever much engine oil they need to use they will use. No need to buy 2 x 4L canisters.

Yes, but If you prefer other brand you can buy your own oil and they do the oil change.
Cos PML use Castrol 0w 30 for most BMW cars.

donaldho;589306 said:
Yes, but If you prefer other brand you can buy your own oil and they do the oil change.
Cos PML use Castrol 0w 30 for most BMW cars.

Is the house pour 0W30 or 0W40?

etan1;589308 said:
Is the house pour 0W30 or 0W40?
i think all Valvetronic engine is running on 0W30, which is LL01FE.

davidtch;589332 said:
i think all Valvetronic engine is running on 0W30, which is LL01FE.

motorknut;589368 said:
0W30.

but the pml parts counter sells the BMW branded 0W40 LL01 oil for topups.

thanks! :goodup:

Try torco racing oil fron R2D. Engine runs smooth n quieter.

On a related note, how do you use the drive thing to check service date or rather, silage since last service? I just got my second hand ride so still feeling around.

Carrefour @ Suntech is selling the Mobil 1 0W-40 at $9.90 per quartz.
Bought 16 quartz, good for 2 x oil change and top up along the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatimaallen
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back