• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

pml bring in 318??

Re: pml bring in 318??

yeah and i want to make my 156 ponies to 170 ponies :)

beembeem;461871 said:
Hi to All,

Chanced upon this thread while browsing. As u can see, I'm a Newbie, hahaa. Had booked a 318i last week, expecting delivery in 2 weeks' time. Was contemplating btw 136 and 156 ponies, but decide to keep my 20k instead. Was also thinking engine mayb tuned to achieve another 20 more.

Btw, Bro AC323, can share with me wat did u got from your SE? Txs.

wt_know;461874 said:
yeah and i want to make my 156 ponies to 170 ponies :)

Heehee, like dat will make it all the more thirsty. How's consumption for a 320i? Anyone have any idea for a 318i?

Hi Beembeem,

what do you mean by what my SE gave?
Petrol consumption full tank probably can travel for about 500km.......

cheers

Was having this question in my mind and see if any bros can help to answer.

Many bros commented that 318 is in fact the same engine as 320 (I agree with this), just that it is detuned to achieve 136 ponies instead of its original 156 ponies and the buyer can then increase the ponies in an aftermarket by remapping etc. Why would BMW AG want to deliberately depress its ponies if it is supposed to achieve higher?

and why would BMW detune a 325/323 & 525/523 in view what the engine is capable of ?
we pay what we get just like any software that has lite and full version.

achee;461956 said:
Was having this question in my mind and see if any bros can help to answer.

Many bros commented that 318 is in fact the same engine as 320 (I agree with this), just that it is detuned to achieve 136 ponies instead of its original 156 ponies and the buyer can then increase the ponies in an aftermarket by remapping etc. Why would BMW AG want to deliberately depress its ponies if it is supposed to achieve higher?

Hi wt_knows,

318i made in Germany
320i made in South Africa

Probably can do a re-mapped to match the power of 320i

yes 318i and 320i indeed shared the same engine but the 318i is actually 143hp and 190nm..... vs 320i: 150hp and 200nm (156hp and 20 0nm)

some items that don't come along with the 318i are: XL (high beam and low beam), arm rest front sliding, automatic air-conditioning, rear passenger air-con vent, different leather, headlight washer system, interiror rear-view mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle function...

you are right you pay for what you get......so this are all the items that 318i owner will not be getting............unless they go for the 320i......so for 20k it should be worth it to have all those goodies/extras for the 320i.......

Probbaly you can say 320i is the highline version vs the normal 320i (which is 318i)

as comparing 323i and 325i (the power definitely alot of difference, 177hp or 190hp vs 218hp) - any 323i / 325i owner out there care to share / to clarify......?

cheers..............

can any bro teach me hw to add back my 20 ponies?im driving a 318i 4 potters N46B20 which was stated in wikipedia should hav 141bhp..

based on your theory,
BMW could separate 323/325 and 523/525 by its equipment and quality (ie: leather quality, memory sets, xenon lights, electronics, idrive,with & without bodykit, etc) -> it is simple, isn't it ?

so, why choose the route to detune the engine ? it is quite simple, you have to pay more for more power :D

ac323;462016 said:
Hi wt_knows,

318i made in Germany
320i made in South Africa

Probably can do a re-mapped to match the power of 320i

yes 318i and 320i indeed shared the same engine but the 318i is actually 143hp and 190nm..... vs 320i: 150hp and 200nm (156hp and 20 0nm)

some items that don't come along with the 318i are: XL (high beam and low beam), arm rest front sliding, automatic air-conditioning, rear passenger air-con vent, different leather, headlight washer system, interiror rear-view mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle function...

you are right you pay for what you get......so this are all the items that 318i owner will not be getting............unless they go for the 320i......so for 20k it should be worth it to have all those goodies/extras for the 320i.......

Probbaly you can say 320i is the highline version vs the normal 320i (which is 318i)

as comparing 323i and 325i (the power definitely alot of difference, 177hp or 190hp vs 218hp) - any 323i / 325i owner out there care to share / to clarify......?

cheers..............

Hi Mike218,

Take-out spare tyre (reduce weight)
GrupeeM
Headers
Exhaust
Volker Spec II plugs
Ivac
Coil Booster
Velocity (latest version of sprint booster)

finally do a ECU re-flash (should be able to squeeze out max 20hp)

happy modding (MTL)

remember to improve the handling after that: KW v3 plus H&R sway bar

BBK?

cheers

sorry is Mike318.......

Hi wt_know,

FYI:
The 323 and 325 shares the same engine and same intake manifold, however the 325 runs at much higher compression ratio. I supposed this is possible through different engine mapping by giving more intake and exhaust valve overlap, thereby reducing the engine compression.

This is supposed to be the most economical way competing with the rival rather than having another engine like what they did for the E46.

That said, it doesn't mean that an simple re-programming can bring back the additional horsepower. All other E90 in the stable has got a max revv of 7000rpm but the 323 max out at 6500. Till date, I have not seen any aftermarket tuners being able to shift the redline for the automatic gearbox. Even if they manage to do for the engine mapping, the transmission map would have intervene and upshift the car to the next higher gears.

i think PML already stops bringing in 523i.........

cheers

Booked 318i a week ago and thinking of changing to 320i. Does PML allow it and in terms of discount, will ther be more for 320i than 318i. or the same?

Hi XCLR8,

discount should be the same.............PML should be able to allow you to do this upgrade since after all you are buying a car from them......and booking fee is the same........

good luck........

cheers,........

Anyone care to comment on the ride and engine performance between e90 318i and 320i. Ater there noticeable differences in actula day to day normal usage? Understand that both are the same engine except that 318i is detuned by 20 bhp.

Thanks, ac323. Do you think it is worth upgrading from 318i to 320i? Diff is $18K

Hi XCLR8,

honestly for me i can leave without those goodies so it is very personal........if you are fetching people very often then the rear air-con vent is a must (i believed)....to me 20hp really can't feel the difference in pull unless is 325i/335i that you are comparing (4cyc vs 6cyc)............

by the way what colour you chosen? you collecting end of the month? that means the 3rd batch delivery for August then...

cheers

shipment arriving on 12 aug. Delivery app 7 to 10 days after. AC 323 wat do u think of the sensatec leatherette vs real leather?

Hi XCLR8,

of course can't fight the real leather......but i am ok with it.....

oh same shipment as my E89 then, may be we can go collect car together at Sime darby Centre man.......

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhancom50

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back