PML's after sale service (or lack of it)

DSB

Wondering if PML's after sale service has improved? I think not. Here's my recent (and ongoing) experience with them:

9/6/2014 Monday:

Sent my X3 F25 (xDrive35i) into Alexandra for squeaking noise coming from the engine. This was after I had booked an appointment a week before, when I pinpointed the issue to them (leaky rear main seal) and even sent them videos of the noise which clearly showed the noise coming from the engine/transmission area, not the belt/pulleys. SA claimed there was no courtesy car available.

13/6 Friday (5th day):

SA said the car was ready. when I looked at the repair sheet, they replaced a bunch of stuff unrelated to the problem (belt, belt pulley, belt tensioner, coolant expansion tank!). Needless to say, the squealing noise was back after I drove the car out of PML, clearly they didn't fix the problem!

16/6 Monday (6th day):

Sent my car in AGAIN, this time I told the SA to rev the engine a few times and they'll hear the squealing noise from the engine/transmission area when the engine drops back to idle RPM (squeals as vacuum builds up on idle). They hoisted up the car and the mechanic heard the noise. SA told me to leave the car and he'll try to get a courtesy car for me.

19/6 Thursday (9th day):

The car has been in PML Alexandra from 9/6 10am to 13/6 5pm, and from 16/6 10am yet the SA has so far been pretty unresponsive except giving more excuses and unconvincing 'tests' that they are doing. Oh and 4 days later (9 days if you count the week before), still no courtesy car!

23/6 Monday (13th day):

Car 'ready for collection'. Now the engine makes a metallic grinding noise when the car is coming to a stop. Going to get it checked by a REAL workshop that isn't staffed by monkeys.

This from PML's website:

Performance Motors Limited - FAQ

2. How committed is PML as an authorised distributor to its customers?

PML believes the ownership experience of a BMW should be joyful and all-encompassing beyond the point of purchase. Hence, our commitment efforts are continuously focused on bringing an even better infrastructure and service quality to our customers.

An overview of examples that demonstrate our commitment include:

The PML team will demonstrate the passion and zeal for the BMW brand in their line of expertise. PML sales representatives undergo rigorous product training to serve our customers better and the PML Aftersales team have done us proud by proving their mettle at the BMW International Aftersales Competition of Excellence (Best team in East Asia, 2007)

Makes me wonder why I should pay $40k premium over a parallel import for what can be described only as beneath deplorable service experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PML's after sale service (or lack of it)

Not sure about that, they seem quite nonchalant about existing customers these days.... especially when your car's warranty is almost over. :shakehea:

I can't agree more than what has been stated here; in fact, this applies to brand new car owners like me as well :whattheh:

My experience thus far has been horrendous from the initial car delivery (or non delivery) to issues that I have encountered since taking over a brand new car. I am not going to elaborate here but I must say that this is my first and most likely last time dealing with PML. I was just too tired to discuss further after going through the ordeal and was just relief that my car was eventually ready for delivery. There are still a few quirks that I am still having to constantly follow up myself on what the resolution would be. Like I told them many times, I have never encountered such lack of service and QC from my 15 years of car ownership ranging from Japanese to Conti brands. Maybe I should take it to the next level and start another thread :verysad:...

In fact, I just bought another conti car of a different make (a make that many people are calling lemons :lol:) recently and the service from delivery (SE spent 3 hours going through the details of the car) to the follow up (SE called up few days after collecting to ensure everything is good). Very pro-active and sincere service from this other brand...

I must say that this is my first and most likely last time dealing with PML

The same here. NEVER buying another BMW from PML. The same issue could have been fixed by any of the competent workshops in a day or two max., and for less money than what I've had to spend on car rental while PML just let the vehicle sit in their yard!

It seems to be their ploy to wear out the customer's patience so they won't come back for service anymore.

Given the volume of BMW cars sold here, BMW Asia should seriously consider appointing a second dealership here to give PML much needed competition.

Can you buy non-M from Munich Auto ?

DSB;1088349 said:
The same here. NEVER buying another BMW from PML. The same issue could have been fixed by any of the competent workshops in a day or two max., and for less money than what I've had to spend on car rental while PML just let the vehicle sit in their yard!

It seems to be their ploy to wear out the customer's patience so they won't come back for service anymore.

Given the volume of BMW cars sold here, BMW Asia should seriously consider appointing a second dealership here to give PML much needed competition.

Red_Bean_Bun;1088354 said:
Can you buy non-M from Munich Auto ?

If tio TOTO can consider the X5 M50d from MA...

Update:

20/6/2014 Friday (10 days the car has been sitting in PML)

After 4 days, they actually started working on the car (or so they claimed, hard to believe anything they say). SA called up with his usual vague and dodgy updates. Now they discovered an oil leak after removing the transmission from the engine (duh. I already said its a leaky engine rear main seal). Still no courtesy car! Said his manager, a Mr Michael Wong would call me around 6.30pm. Its already 7.33pm as I write this, NOT A SINGLE CALL received. Clearly PML's after sale service is an afterthought.

pml is the best ... if not how come can sell so many BMW?
hearsay, the sales volume speak for itself ... lol

wt_know;1088463 said:
pml is the best ... if not how come can sell so many BMW?
hearsay, the sales volume speak for itself ... lol

Pls do not OT. Ppl tokking abt after sales you tokking something else. PML sales customer service is awesome!

Totally agree with the poor after sales service, send in my 320i due to vibrating issues that i have experienced while cruising above 60km/h and when the car is driven for a longer period, vibration gets even more and i could even hear the engine sounds throughout the rest of the ride journey. Only when i switch off the engine and let it cool down, then the noise will be gone.

Send in to Alexander PML, have the car check-in for two days. I have to chase the SA to give me update since day 1 but only hear from them back by the end of day 2.

They told me that, they cant replicate the issues hence nothing can be done at the moment and request me to go for a test ride with the QCer. This is after the end of 2nd Day.
I told them, we have to do it other days, since its already Friday night, hence, i told them to prepare the car and will collect it at night. Have my car key ready at the security guard, so that i can collect it back.

When i reach PML at night, approach security guard, they couldn't find my key as the SA didnt pass it to them, when call the SA, he didn't pick it up at all and didn't reply my message.

Absolutely poor service, used to own Toyota camry and never had an issue with services that was provided by Borneo Motor. This is definitely the last time that i would pay a premium for bmw.

Do the bros here think that the various after sales offices have different attitudes and competence?

Granted intermittent issues are harder to resolve, but somehow PML service centre staff just don't seem motivated enough to want to fix the problem nor is there any urgency to do so (with the exception of a demand letter).

Ericneo;1088472 said:
Do the bros here think that the various after sales offices have different attitudes and competence?

I went to the KA outlet for an oil change and the SA didn't even bother to note the squealing noise issue. Maybe the SA was practicing his selective hearing.

Fully agreed....encountered reporting problems so many times to PML and problem is always not fixed the first time round. One simple example, my car exhaust was dented in an accident and I was allowed full claim for replacement, after repair they called me to collect the car and i found the bloody exhaust was not even replaced..and they told me job completed. Providing all these feedback in BMW surveys after service visits also don't help, the service recovery team will call and say Noted on your feedback.. Each visit to BMW service centre I always see customers yelling at the service staff though I am to one of them :argue:

Humphreyjp;1088471 said:
Totally agree with the poor after sales service, send in my 320i due to vibrating issues that i have experienced while cruising above 60km/h and when the car is driven for a longer period, vibration gets even more and i could even hear the engine sounds throughout the rest of the ride journey. Only when i switch off the engine and let it cool down, then the noise will be gone.

Send in to Alexander PML, have the car check-in for two days. I have to chase the SA to give me update since day 1 but only hear from them back by the end of day 2.

They told me that, they cant replicate the issues hence nothing can be done at the moment and request me to go for a test ride with the QCer. This is after the end of 2nd Day.
I told them, we have to do it other days, since its already Friday night, hence, i told them to prepare the car and will collect it at night. Have my car key ready at the security guard, so that i can collect it back.

When i reach PML at night, approach security guard, they couldn't find my key as the SA didnt pass it to them, when call the SA, he didn't pick it up at all and didn't reply my message.

Absolutely poor service, used to own Toyota camry and never had an issue with services that was provided by Borneo Motor. This is definitely the last time that i would pay a premium for bmw.

I have never tried doing this with pml before, but I know last time I could leave my car key with Borneo security guard to send in for servicing. No problem at all.

The best solution is:
S E L L

Otherwise, go to MA. Or get 1 of site sponsor to diagnose the problem & asked PML to fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back