PML's after sale service (or lack of it)

Re: PML's after sale service (or lack of it)

This is a PML service bashing thread or brand comparing or what to buy thread?

Anyone has review of corolla Altis?

cheers

The Guardian;1088859 said:
This is a PML service bashing thread or brand comparing or what to buy thread?

Sounds like both... And more?

CCB garmen.........

Update: PML rep called, they want to take another stab at fixing the screeching noise again. Promises to arrange a courtesy car this time... which makes me wonder how long they'll need this time. Also noticed a ding right in the centre of each front door when I sent the car for detailing... :shakehea:

MW;1088860 said:

cheers
Same engine on different clothing.

Noticed something sticking out the rear of the air filter housing. When I opened it up...:shock:

e6nUjhM.jpg

LOvLcIl.jpg

lNY8NOw.jpg

DSB;1088875 said:
Update: PML rep called, they want to take another stab at fixing the screeching noise again. Promises to arrange a courtesy car this time... which makes me wonder how long they'll need this time. Also noticed a ding right in the centre of each front door when I sent the car for detailing... :shakehea:

Some PML mole reported this PML bashing cum comparison thread. It is working.

Back to lamwyer's corolla altis... Ugly car lah.

MW;1088860 said:

cheers

My own test drive for 2012 Altis.
1. Boring
2. Boring
3. Boring
Summary: Still boring.......

But real reliable and low maintenance costs. Petrol seems like endless......

So, someone bungled up my appt and i got there early and pissy as hell. Someone else stepped up took charge and filled everything while i had coffee and cakes. They even got me a taxi. A courtesy call came to confirm the scope of work. Service done and a call came informing me to collect by 11.30am. Went ok. View attachment 62183

I'm just curious if PML is even attempting to improve or are they nonchalant about it as the cash register has been ringing non stop for the longest of time :shakemyb:!

Even for VAG, where the sales have increased drastically over the recent years, you can sense that the team is trying to improve the overall customer satisfaction from pre to after sales.

This is just totally wrong ........

DSB;1088884 said:
Noticed something sticking out the rear of the air filter housing. When I opened it up...:shock:

e6nUjhM.jpg

LOvLcIl.jpg

lNY8NOw.jpg

twtan;1089101 said:
I'm just curious if PML is even attempting to improve or are they nonchalant about it as the cash register has been ringing non stop for the longest of time :shakemyb:!

Even for VAG, where the sales have increased drastically over the recent years, you can sense that the team is trying to improve the overall customer satisfaction from pre to after sales.

PML on the other hand just happily collected the profit from the increased sales but didn't bother beefing up after sale support. Now apparently the entire service team aren't too happy because everyone is overworked, yet have to deal with pissed off customers. At some point it will all start going downhill for PML.

Red_Bean_Bun;1089105 said:
This is just totally wrong ........

Oh well... Anyway going to replace the air intake soon :nehnehhh:

DSB;1089165 said:
PML on the other hand just happily collected the profit from the increased sales but didn't bother beefing up after sale support. Now apparently the entire service team aren't too happy because everyone is overworked, yet have to deal with pissed off customers. At some point it will all start going downhill for PML.
Ppl will not stopping buying BMW from PML.

PML is authorised dealer. PML knows everything about BMW.

davidtch;1089175 said:
Ppl will not stopping buying BMW from PML.

PML is authorised dealer. PML knows everything about BMW.

Yeah but people switch to other brands and it becomes a loss for BMW altogether. There's plenty of choice in the luxo car market.

Just got this even though I'm not their customer... PML is the best!

You are invited to the BMW World 2014. Set to be the largest automotive group showcase in Asia, the BMW World 2014 will tell the captivating stories of BMW and MINI on innovation, design and luxury.

Update (30 June 2014):

Sent car back to PML. Went for test drive with service tech, he heard the metallic rotational screeching noise from engine when braking, especially downslope. The noise can also be heard when engine idles after revving to 5-6k RPM. Received a loaner X3 28i (the old model with N52 engine).

Update (7 July 2014):

Received call from SA today, (a whole week after I dropped off the car) told me its due to the front brake rotors and pads! Tells me its going to cost ME $1.2k. Wow. I wonder how is that possible the noise is coming from the brakes when the screeching noise can be heard when the car is stationary?

They seem to have a habit of changing parts unrelated to the problem. The first time they replaced the belts and pulleys for the idle howling noise which didn't fix the problem, and now they're telling me its the brakes when the noise can be heard when the wheels are not even turning? Unbelievable!

Hi Guys,

I came across this thread and really couldn't agree about the after sales service of PML. My horror experience with them starts from the very 1st month of owning a brand new car.

My car has been having a loud "tok" sound from the rear since a few weeks of ownership and when I brought this to their attention. I did not believe I was buying a car from a BMW authorised agent when they pushed the problem to all the things I have installed to the car.

They can hilariously say that the sound came from my baby seat (previously was on my Audi A7 and not a single problem!) and my car has been into their workshop for nearly a month now without providing me with any solution and where the problem came from). And after I myself have verified with them it does not come from my child seat, the next they pushed it to my after market rims and say because its out of BMW specifications!!!

Again, I then have to prove to them again that the rims are not the problem and the GM still have the guts to send me a black and white stating that the sound came on because of my after market rims. My car has visited their workshop for a total duration of 4 times and nearly a month (now still there)!

Even if there are still many people buying cars from authorised agents but I always believe that word of mouth are way stronger than branding especially in Singapore, our cars are considered luxury products. Who will want to pay 40K more to one authorised agent if the customers are not well taken care of? What difference are they vs parallel importers except holding the title of an authorised dealer? Another BMW? maybe not...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back