Polishing exterior & cleaning of interior

Re: Polishing exterior & cleaning of interior

U can try Master touch at Sin Ming. Ask for Babu or Muru. :)

Master Touch Address(s): Blk 176 Sin Ming Dr #02-16 Ain Ming Autocare CentreTelephone: 90227372

Spa For Cars, No doubt...........

spa for cars for me too

Spa for Cars for me three...

depends on your budget of course.

spa for cars is good.

BronzeCarman is also good. It's the only place that i know of in singapore where you can get zymol vintage, ital etc. on your car (you have to pay a lot for it though). I see loads of bmws there cos the owner was a former PML employee.

It all depends if your emphasis is on cleaning or polishing/waxing.

thanks for the info bros.

i understand that if we get a third party to respray part of the car, the warranty by PML will be voided ? what does the warranty actually cover ?

Hi everyone,

I've recently got bird droppings stains that are difficult to remove on my car boot. While the bird droppings are easily removed with a wet cloth, they do leave stain markings on my car when viewed under the light reflection. It's not visible at first glance but when scutinised carfeully, its like stain marks on the protective layer of the car paint. I hope you all know what I mean.....and I dare not rub too hard while cleaning my car as I'm afraid that would leave scratches behind. Not sure if polishing the car can remove these tough stain marks. Can't be heading to the groomers for polishing everytime the bird poos on it. Would appreciate if anyone know of any products that can help to remove these stains while at the same time, protect the paint of the car. Thanks!

don't worry, this is pretty much normal lol!

what happened is that the bird poo, which is highly acidic, has etched into your clear coat. An abrasive polish/compound such as Optimum Compound on a orbital or rotary should be able to "remove" the etching (though technically, you're really leveling the clear coat around the etching to remove the mark).

In my opinion, there's not much you can do by hand to get rid of the mark as it is... only an abrasive compound/polish with a machine will do it... if you wish, you could try scratchX by hand with a foam applicator, but i've done that with very little success.

with regards to your second question, prevention is better than cure unfortunately. The problem is that Singapore is so hot, that your car heats up pretty fast. The heat tends to bake the bird poo on your paint thus etching can be achieved in a matter of minutes. If you see bird poo on your car, you should remove it immediately if possible. The bird poo etch is worse than "water marks" in my subjective opinion. As such, I always carry a microfibre cloth in my car with some quick detailer with good cleaning properties e.g. zaino Z6, Finish Kare 425, QD strength ONR etc. But you can use anything that you find handy if you wish.... e.g. a bottle of tap water (though this might make things messy by leaving water marks or streaks etc.). Better still, don't park under trees or bird-poo prone areas.

having a sealant or wax on your car should provide the protection some protection against bird poo though i've heard that wax is better than sealant for this case. A very durable wax like collinite 845 should give you very good protection against bird poo, as well as acceptable shine/looks (depending on your standards of course). That said, no wax/sealant can withstand the damaging effects of bird poo if it was left on your paint for some time.

hope this helps.

Thanks alot Four4s! That's indeed helpful. Unfortunately, my workplace is unshaded and one can't really predict if the bird will poo when parked under the tree. I can't really be checking my car every now and then to inspect for bird droppings. It's just new from the workshop and hence the etchings are pretty obvious when I cleaned my car today. I do agree that the etchings are worse than water marks, as they look as if my car is recovering from a 'bruise'.

By the way, will the etchings be more difficult to remove if I delay sending my car for polishing? Well, I thought that it's really common to accumulate a few etchings at a later stage to give it a thorough shine. Thanks.

hi zeb,

The etchings will not be more difficult to remove if left there, so you can accumulate them if you wish before sending it for polishing (just like dings i suppose lol).

I understand your position as my workplace does not provide a sheltered lot as well.

anyhow, some very wierd tips i've learnt from observing birds in my area:

1. fold in your mirrors. Some birds are so hardcore, they'll literally land on your mirror and then proceed to take a crap. I've seen them do this with my own eyes! This usually happen in not so busy carparks.

2. Park away from the outer branches of the tree. The part near the trunk is usually the most dense part of the tree and most difficult for the birds to land. Even if they do land at the very top of the tree right bang in the center, there is a greater possibility that some leaves will protect your car when the crap is on it's way down to your car. What i observed at my place is that most birds would land near the edge/outermost branches.

3. Not sure why, but for me the taller the tree the safer... the shorter the tree (but of course, still a safe height from the birds point of view) the higher chance of your car kenna sai. Maybe shorter distance for the crap to travel hence more accurate from the bird's point of view.

best of all, do your own research on your workplace area and know which trees to avoid. You'll find that there surely is a pattern.

hope that helps.

so how much does spa for cars and the one that JT mentioned cost huh?

hi four4s,

thanks for your advice. will surely do some research at my workplace.....but like any research, there has to be sacrifice in order to locate an ideal spot free from birds.

Cheers!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back