Pre-owned 535i or 740i?

Hi, am looking to buy a "new" used car and have narrowed down to F10 535i and F01 740i. Both cars' prices are around the same region, with one year-plus in between, the 740i being older in age, naturally.

Currently drive E65 730i and wife drives E60 523i but i realise the differences between the current 5 and 7 are not as stark as the former generation's, could be because the F10 is built on the F01 chassis?

All other things being equal, ie:- similar condition, mileage, etc. Never mind the towkay image and all other connotations. Not demanding performance nor handling prowess, but both having the same engine and similar chassis, i guess the difference is not great, except for the softer suspension and heavier weight of the 7 series that could alter handling somewhat.

Suspension-wise nevermind, i am used to the cossetting but tough 7 series suspension. Which would you choose?

Thanks!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pre-owned 535i or 740i?

if u like the cossetting feel, take the 7er.

Mockngbrd;906030 said:
if u like the cossetting feel, take the 7er.

I am ok with both... cossetting of the 7 and direct feel of the 5.... but i understand that F10 is no more rack and pinion (E60) and thus not so "direct"? In which case, both F01 and F10 would feel similar due to the electronic steering and any difference in response would be a tweak? (and of course, different suspension settings)

Get 7 lah, more sart kee n imposing. 5 is so common

MW;906062 said:
Get 7 lah, more sart kee n imposing. 5 is so common

don't care about image nor appearing unique (actually not so, cos 7er is common as well)

just the car alone.... i guess it will comes down to which depreciates more....

unless someone can advise me which is the better car... tough choice cos both have the same engine, same chassis...

just need 4 doors, a boot, one rear bench to seat a couple of people and baby, that's all really....

The centre seat of rear passages for 5s will feel more comfortable if compare With 7s .

I tried both before ! But in showroom : p

smokeyrobinson;906089 said:
don't care about image nor appearing unique (actually not so, cos 7er is common as well)

just the car alone.... i guess it will comes down to which depreciates more....

unless someone can advise me which is the better car... tough choice cos both have the same engine, same chassis...

just need 4 doors, a boot, one rear bench to seat a couple of people and baby, that's all really....

just the car alone.... i guess it will comes down to which depreciates more
don't care about image nor appearing unique.

CAMRY!

740 is long wheel base with 7 speed gear box. It certainly consume more petrol and lack handling compare to 535. If you need more space for your passenger than go for it.
If you enjoy driving and don't always ferry passenger, 535 is your choice.

U have say it all... Final line is follow ur heart! Nobody can help u. No right no wrong.

Think 535i hybrid not a bad idea after all

glntan;906517 said:
740 is long wheel base with 7 speed gear box. It certainly consume more petrol and lack handling compare to 535. If you need more space for your passenger than go for it.
If you enjoy driving and don't always ferry passenger, 535 is your choice.

depend on yr age, if younger, get 535i, if older , get 7ser...(or u need a long car)

MapleLeaf;906976 said:
I don't think there will be any "used" hybrid yet.

there is one available in sgcarmart. tested it before, still excellent condition

Go for 7, the backside looks nicer, plus bigger rims and tyres, will be very chio...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back