Push for tray return to start at 9 food centres.....

ac323

Staff member
A renewed push to get patrons to clear their own trays will kick off with a first batch of nine hawker centres from this month.

The hawker centre at Block 726 Clementi West Street 2 will be the first to start the tray return initiative on 11 November.

The other food centres -- North Bridge Road Food Centre, Zion Riverside Food Centre, Tiong Bahru Market, Kallang Estate Food Centre, Block 137 Tampines Street 24, Block 628 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4, Block 16 Bedok South, and Block 254 Jurong East Street 24 -- will follow over the next three months.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1235066/1/.html

Re: Push for tray return to start at 9 food centres.....

only if my food gets a dollar off, then i will consider doing it.

Not too difficult to put your own tray back.
Makes more sense to clear your own tray after eating than to clear other ppls tray or sit and wait for somebody else to do it before u get to use the table.

Yeap taking the trays back also encourages people to eat neatly. instead of peeling prawns all over the table, It can now be on the tray. Cleaner eating environment =) also lead time for a table will decrease. win-win situation.

r they trying to take away the jobs of cleaning aunties/uncles?

FC888;917583 said:
r they trying to take away the jobs of cleaning aunties/uncles?
IMHO, it will not take away the jobs of cleaning aunties/uncles. Patrons r encouraged to clear their own trays, patrons r not asked to clean the tables. Therefore effectively, those aunties/uncles still have a job since they will have mroe time to clean up the tables, to make the tables, neater and a little bit cleaner/presentatable.

I personally clear my own rgardless of eating at hawker centres, food court or fast food joints.

cleaned city to clean city ...
it's clean because of the virtue of cleanliness and not because of cheap labour to clean 24/7 (ie especially when MP come visit :lol:)

IMHO, it is truly sad what kind of society are we becoming when the government actually has to have a campaign to get people to clear their trays after they eat? It is not about taking away jobs from the cleaning crew, I have always thought clearing your own trays and plates is a basic form of decency and courtesy. Are we truly becoming such an apathetic society?

Whatever, I always clear my tray when eating at macdonalds.
Setting an example to te kids and ppl there.
However at hawker center, more effort needed.

at the fc's i am barely done eating when the aunties/unkers pounce and try to clear my tray and dishes/cups....

Kelvinbmw says he will return the tray at this coming Friday's meetup.

Baby1M;917593 said:
IMHO, it will not take away the jobs of cleaning aunties/uncles. Patrons r encouraged to clear their own trays, patrons r not asked to clean the tables. Therefore effectively, those aunties/uncles still have a job since they will have mroe time to clean up the tables, to make the tables, neater and a little bit cleaner/presentatable.

I personally clear my own rgardless of eating at hawker centres, food court or fast food joints.

Then later ppl complain that cleaners nvr do their job :(

Baby1M;917593 said:

how about in a Seafood Restaurant???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;917647 said:
how about in a Seafood Restaurant???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
Well, as mentioned, applies to hawker centers, food court and fast-food eateries. For restaurants (any restaurants) nope, I do not clear them :p

SapphireSpite;917646 said:
Then later ppl complain that cleaners nvr do their job :(
Those ppl complaint for e sake of complaining because it is not objective. I wouldn't bother with such compliant kings... they forgot everyone grow old, we have to be gracious.

most does when in Ikea... why not FC? double standard...

Actually I started clearing my own trays when this was reported sometime ago. To my surprise n dismay, there r some foodcourts where u clear your own tray but the cleaning aunty or uncle gives you a fcuk face like, n some r even rude to u. Wtf

MW;917719 said:
Actually I started clearing my own trays when this was reported sometime ago. To my surprise n dismay, there r some foodcourts where u clear your own tray but the cleaning aunty or uncle gives you a fcuk face like, n some r even rude to u. Wtf

I think its yr transformer face lah...

*sped off......

Midnight1987;917416 said:
only if my food gets a dollar off, then i will consider doing it.

You can always tackle the auntie to give you back $1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub77
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back