Quiet Tires to recommend?

megaclaw

Looking for new tires..
Recommended on Bridgetstone GR80, Michelin Pilot.
Wondering which will be better choice..pls help

Re: Quiet Tires to recommend?

U can consider yokohama aspec db.

megaclaw said:
Looking for new tires..
Recommended on Bridgetstone GR80, Michelin Pilot.
Wondering which will be better choice..pls help

Get Bridgestone Potenza RE050 or Michelin Preceda.............decent performance and quiet too....

But can't beat the quietness of Aspec db like T6 pointed out...but dont think its performance is a good.

Try Michelin Pilot Preceda or Yokohama AVS db.

Can simply 4get abt Yokohama aspec db, got no damn grip at all. Can get tire spin for no reason on dry road.

Goodyear RevSpec RS02
quiet n cheap

Thanks guys...probably thinking of Michelin Pilot...but Thailand made. Not sure any quality issue.

Yup, grip of the Yokohama Aspec DB not gd at all as pointed out by some.

Who is selling RE050 now? Was at South East last week, they are still pushing RE040 for my 18" staggered sizing.

TripleM said:
Get Bridgestone Potenza RE050 or Michelin Preceda.............decent performance and quiet too....

But can't beat the quietness of Aspec db like T6 pointed out...but dont think its performance is a good.

choice really depends on your driving style. I'm currently running the GR80 and they're whisper quiet, grip wise, it's acceptable in both wet and dry conditions although nothing much to shout about

Finally, I got the GR80....decided to go with japanese tires.
Very quiet indeed....love it. :inlove:

Hi, How has the GR80 been doing snce you installed them? Still quiet? Grip ok? Me looking around for tires too......Many thanks,

I just got four pieces of Bridgstone Turanza GR80 yesterday. 225/45R17. $1,000
Very quiet indeed. So, happily, I went cruising along ECP last night.

At 120km/h, PONG (explosion sound).... a tyre came FLYING OFF the rim!

Now I need a lawyer.

Another quiet one and yet gives very good performance handling is the Dunlop SportMaxx. It's bloody good in the wet too. I'd also consider the new Falken 452.

MapleLeaf said:
I just got four pieces of Bridgstone Turanza GR80 yesterday. 225/45R17. $1,000
Very quiet indeed. So, happily, I went cruising along ECP last night.

At 120km/h, PONG (explosion sound).... a tyre came FLYING OFF the rim!

Now I need a lawyer.

Do you think is a manufacturer or fitting issue?

Thanks.

TripleM said:
Another quiet one and yet gives very good performance handling is the Dunlop SportMaxx. It's bloody good in the wet too. I'd also consider the new Falken 452.

How long have you had your Dunlop sporrt maxxs? Do they ride hard? i am looking for size 205/55/16.

Thanks,

Opvaulet,

It's fitting issue. The shop agreed to replace it. Stock will be in only tomorrow. They loan me a tyre this morning. But they are very nice people. I have been using them for the last ten years or more. Jalan Bukit Merah next to Alexandra Village Food centre.

MapleLeaf said:
Opvaulet,

It's fitting issue. The shop agreed to replace it. Stock will be in only tomorrow. They loan me a tyre this morning. But they are very nice people. I have been using them for the last ten years or more. Jalan Bukit Merah next to Alexandra Village Food centre.

Thanks MapleLeaf. Other than noise could you share more comments about the GR80? How does it ride and grip, and what model is your bimmer?

Thanks,

opvaulet said:
How long have you had your Dunlop sporrt maxxs? Do they ride hard? i am looking for size 205/55/16.

Thanks,

A little hard but not as bad as SO-3.
It's one of the best value for money tires I hv ever come acrossed.

Soft ones are mainly dominated by the Michelin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok9tools
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back