Radiator change - E90

Re: Radiator change - E90

Perhaps it'll be great if we can have fellow forummers post their servicing, repair, consultation invoices here for others' references. Kind of archive or knowledge database for parts and workshop procurement/sourcing.

interesting information, i just took over my e90 and am headed for a radiator change as well. thanks for sharing!

pohls;1015412 said:
Perhaps it'll be great if we can have fellow forummers post their servicing, repair, consultation invoices here for others' references. Kind of archive or knowledge database for parts and workshop procurement/sourcing.

that's what I have been doing..
but try not to quote workshop name and price. (forum rules apply)

oh really? then what's the motivation for going to their workshops? at least PML comes with 2 years parts warranty

Bro aaron ,can u pm me the labour cost for radiator change rendered by the workshop.Thank you

Zincman;1017984 said:
Bro aaron ,can u pm me the labour cost for radiator change rendered by the workshop.Thank you

PM u now....

My old E46 320 was in good shape after 5 years and more than 90kkm, no radiator change.
Just sold 2006 E90 320 after 100+kkm, radiator still ok.
Only experience with my E39 520 2.2, radiator changed after 100kkm.

Hi,

How often does one need to monitor the coolant level after top-up?

You don't really need to monitor the coolant level on the E90 - there is a coolant level sensor. The car monitors it for you.

benlopan;1020327 said:
Hi,

How often does one need to monitor the coolant level after top-up?

I'm not too sure about this but every time my coolant is low I get a "cliak cliak" sound from the water pump (?). Need to wind down the windows and observe as you drive slowly up a carpark ramp. I'll just top up the water accordingly. Never got that coolant low error message.

Use to top up radiator water once a month... but before you start the engine as it gets HOT!!

fredlim7007;1020547 said:
Use to top up radiator water once a month... but before you start the engine as it gets HOT!!

I usually do not monitor as I thought it is self monitoring until lately there was a code to the effect. The wasn't any water in the reservoir at all.

james_thoh;1022198 said:
Hi Aaron,
Can PM me on the WS u get your parts and also your WS up north. Thanks a lot!

ok, PM u now

Hi can anyone pm me if i want to do a radiator change locally where is the best place? I have to top up water once every few days now. =(

You may want to get it diagnosed properly first via a pressure test to pinpoint where is the leak first.

Usual suspects other than radiator are the radiator expansion tank, hoses, water pump, heater valve, etc

Did mine at BVO, you can try any of the sponsors workshop like R2D, J4C, etc they all can do the job.

PlAy7r;1033113 said:
Hi can anyone pm me if i want to do a radiator change locally where is the best place? I have to top up water once every few days now. =(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back