Rain Sensor sucks!!!

Derrrick Yap

The god damn rain sensor is so bloody stupid. Windscreen alr filled with droplets and still refuse to wipe especially on low speed (34-40km/h) even after numerous re-programming.

Why cant they have options like japs car that run on second interval!!!

Re: Rain Sensor sucks!!!

Derrrick Yap;854004 said:
The god damn rain sensor is so bloody stupid. Windscreen alr filled with droplets and still refuse to wipe especially on low speed (34-40km/h) even after numerous re-programming.

I think most Rain Sensors Suck..my previous VW and Wifes A6 sometimes wipe the windscreen when bright sunlight and then drive past some trees ..no rain....then like you said...droplets filled up the whole screen...it don't sense and don't wipe...So I don't put in much hope on Rain sensors...

But F20, I press the button to on/off ..when it dont know how to wipe...when raining..so slightly better I guess..:uhhh:

do you set to I, II or in-between? vehicle speed also plays a part.

421025731_AC2tw-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I second that. why cant run on second interval???? i nv even use the rain sensor because not reliable..i manual on/off or let it keep swiping lol

bro, since the rain sensor frustrates you so much, why not just turn it off and use the normal wiping speed (push lever up once)?

Played around with the rain sensor sensitivity yet? That could help.

thot it works pretty ok for me.. except when it is dark.
else sensor is all screwed.

First-world problem.

Have been playing with then toggle for all positions already. (if only got addition Rocket mode to select lo)

Somehow is just stupid and refuse to wipe on low speed on wet traffic condition.

tty;854048 said:
bro, since the rain sensor frustrates you so much, why not just turn it off and use the normal wiping speed (push lever up once)?

Played around with the rain sensor sensitivity yet? That could help.

My point is why have a sensor that does not work well in such dangerous driving condition. (Wet weather) Must as well revert back to japs standard ( Run by interval selection better)
By selecting to "ON" position, it will wipe non stop and un-necessaryly.

BMW shd program the sensor to be more sensitive.

The only reason a fanboy buy BMW is because it is d ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE.

End of OT.

Aiya. Easy lah.

If the rain sensor not working, I just revert to my secondary sensor in my eye. My brain then responds by telling my right middle finger to press down once. Very reliable one. Always works. Heavier rain press more. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

But... Seriously, if push the rocker lever upwards it's usually sensitive enough

same problem here. rain sensor (even with the different frequency) doesn't work (perhaps it's my eye sight) ?

I am using manual most of the time (manual to trigger the continous)

Never tried the rain sensor on the f20, but I think rain sensors have come a long long way. The rain sensors from 10+ years ago were really crap. Either not sweeping when rain too heavy or violent sweeping when there is only a few drop of water flow down from the roof when exiting car park. Some times bright sunny day pass through tree shade, the wiper will also start to sweep. BMW managed to avoid all these issues by simply defaulting auto wiper to off on every start:laughlik:

Never had a problem with mine... Reaction time a tad slow, but otherwise it works.

haven't tried the rain sensors either.. but the light sensors works great! :dance:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back