RE: Throttle Body Device

Re: Throttle Body Device

it basically halves the pedal travel electronically...can we make a switch for this?
Like sport mode..

hetraa said:
it basically halves the pedal travel electronically...can we make a switch for this?
Like sport mode..

well said.. my question, wud that make the higher-end better? or wud it only make the car reach the top-end faster, hence better acceleration?

Yo Adam, heard you changed to the real deal! What a waste, could have sold me your modded M3 side grill panel!!! :)

adliz said:
well said.. my question, wud that make the higher-end better? or wud it only make the car reach the top-end faster, hence better acceleration?

Hi Desmond, you want only the side grill panel? dont think the new owner wanted to sell. may be the complete side fenderl can consider, make it the 1st one in Sinland... Did that magic demo till thumb blister liow. but it's fun. Bro have you manage to change flt ?

adliz said:

it wouldnt make the high end better..
it juz makes the pedal eager and sensitive.

BlackStealth said:
Yo Adam, heard you changed to the real deal! What a waste, could have sold me your modded M3 side grill panel!!! :)

hi des,

thnx!! loving the car to bits.. but i believe your 'monster' wud be equally as fast, even faster, esp at the lower end.. sigh..

sold my previous ride as is.. otherwise i'd sell u my panel.. sorry man..

hetraa said:
it wouldnt make the high end better..
it juz makes the pedal eager and sensitive.

thats what i thought.. thnx for confirming..

any s54 owners can give feedback re the add-on? thnx in advance

dave said:
Hi Desmond, you want only the side grill panel? dont think the new owner wanted to sell. may be the complete side fenderl can consider, make it the 1st one in Sinland... Did that magic demo till thumb blister liow. but it's fun. Bro have you manage to change flt ?

hi dave..

thnx very much for the demo.. i was worried seing u were sweating.. :D change flt? what's that?

Excatly, I am asking him to swap out fenders!!! :)
Still can't make it for Sepang leh...trying trying.

Adam, so how long did Dave take to install that devive into your car? He took like 30mins on mine and sweated as if he took a shower! hahahahaha. Sorry Dave, must disturb la.

dave said:

Installed the device at BVO this evening. Took Bernard all of 10 minutes. First impression is that of WOW!! The throttle response is very crisp, alarmingly so. The car just leaps forward with the slightest foot pressure and it changes gear much more rapidly as it revs much faster. Have to get used to the throttle response. For the $$$ paid, nothing comes close to it in terms of improvement in response and performance. However, fuel consumption will be something else to consider......

Guys!!

The stock is here!!!

The 20 names in the list below please go BVO ASAP b4 they're off for CNY!!!!!

Woohoo!!!!

'The Great White'

yky said:
Installed the device at BVO this evening. Took Bernard all of 10 minutes. First impression is that of WOW!!
The throttle response is very crisp, alarmingly so.
The car just leaps forward with the slightest foot pressure and it changes gear much more rapidly as it revs much faster.
Have to get used to the throttle response. For the $$$ paid, nothing comes close to it in terms of improvement in response and performance.
However, fuel consumption will be something else to consider......

Bro, congrats!!

BTW, fuel consumption is dependant your right foot!! :lol2:

'The Great White'

Guys!!

The stock is here!!!

Woohoo!!!!

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
Guys!!

The stock is here!!!

Woohoo!!!!

'The Great White'

darn.......i am jealous......why oh why........ cable.......sigh...........:)

I am very happy with the purchase but..so far, the origin and actual workings of this thing is still shrouded in mystery..questions like what brand, what make, how does it function, or even, what is it actually called?
Not that it will affect my very good impression of this gadget, but I'm just very curious. Anyone have any clue?

YKY, i will try and explain the logic behind the device.

In the original system, the accelerator pedal is connected to a potentiometer to convert your foot position to an electrical signal. This signal will vary from 3.5V for full throttle. The conversion rate is usually linear which just means that the rate of voltage increase is same as the foot position.

The device takes the voltage signal from the throttle potentiometer and "exponentially" amplifies the signal to pass it on to the ECU. As the device only has the 5V supply from the original harness to work with, it cannot get past that level and will just saturate out at 5V max. The device makes your ECU to see that you are heavier on the throttle and thus adjusts the operating parameters accordingly. If you drive at the same speed, your consumption will not vary as the engine is still operating as efficiently as before. You might get a slight increase in consumption cos you accelerate harder but the pleasure of the engine gunning towards redline should make the increase worthwhile.

Cheers

Thanks Yendor for the explanation. Seems to be a simple enough gadget. Basically a potentiometer!!
Wonder how come it took mod manufacturers so long to come up with this so simple but impressive product.
Even though it does not really increase the car's bhp and torque, it's action on the throttle makes the car so much more pleasurable to drive. IMO , the level of satisfaction surpasses chipping, plugs,etc

Chipping and plugs improve the total amt of BHP, its a different thing.

Hi,
For those who already installed, pls feed back, better ? worse ? happy ? regret ?
Cheers.

As I said...very happy with it. Worth every cent. A friend of mine, a E60 525i owner just got his fitted this morning. Now he can't stop praising it.

Regrets...don't know until I have it long enough to check the FC. That is the only potential downside I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadvntest
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back