Recommend a Exhaust System for my E36

SC_IS

Hi,
just got meself a E36. Thinking of doing up the exhaust system. Have very limited knowledge in this area so would appreciate any advice you guys can offer. So far all i've heard good is supersprint.

Can anyone recommed a supersprint system for my E36? (prefer twin exhaust or the wide kind)
What would the price range be like?
And where can i find them locally?

many thanks guys.
SC :)

Re: Recommend a Exhaust System for my E36

if u r looking at supersprint exhaust, you can get it frm jeep chee exhaust at ubi. they are the ones who brings in. i m using SS exhaust, so far so good, but its not tat loud compare to Remus, which is bassy n loud.

whaddup bros...havent been here for a heck of a long time...yeah i wanna mod my exhaust system as well... jeep chee eh..sounds good. im lookin for those bassy kind..not too loud no too soft...juz nice and cruisin but can be heard. wuz da price range like? budget ard 300ish...ok or not?

omigosh, the mod virus has gotten very seriously in our new club sandy member.....haha
i also want new exhaust but LL no money....gotta use mod money for diapers and milk powder...hehe

Hope I m not the one who spread the virus to you. Sszone, u just need to use cloth diapers, sure save u lots of $$$ to change exhaust :lol2:

SuperSprint, Remus and Sebring are about the most recommended exhaust for E36. They do make the car sound more sporty and of course, you do feel the different in the performance. Most would provide a tad quicker acceleration especially around 4200 rpm onwards.

As for the sound, Remus and Sebring are close and generally more bassy compared to SuperSprint which sounded more "Urgent". All these exhaust do come with LTA compliant certificate which should be carried with you to avoid trouble if kena spot check. They will set you back about $1K or so. Illegal exhaust modification carries a $500 fine as I last checked.

This is the rear section that we are talking about. A complete system or even a cat-back system would cost more than that.

Are all these branded exhaust a straight throught that gives the car more power or is there some other technology behind ?

Reportedly, they are known to allow a smoother flow out of your exhaust gas with due consideration to the resonance worked backwards from exhaust tip to your engine. They are also made from stainless steel, hence are very durable and also been validated that the pollutants that are passing out of them are within recommended limits. Quite a bit of engineering goes into them and not just bend pipes welded to canisters.

Bro i had my e36 hooked up with sebring exhaust system for 1K.......with LTA approved cert....
No cert susahlah...inspection problem....

Sebring eh....how's it goin so far? good? 1k not bad man.... where at? i itching for it already. Da whole system is it? i oso wan lah!!!

I don't think Sebring does any header for M40 or M44 engine. Please do check and make sure it is for RHD setup.

Sherhan, there is no such thing leh.. it depends what you want out of it as well as your engine setup. Performance, Clean Emmission, Sound, Looks, LTA fines or a combination of those mentioned. It also depends on whether you are looking into it as a project or a one off thing..

Generally, the Remus, SuperSprint and Sebring does get good feedback from their user... there are off course others reported to be equally good but frankly, intake and exhaust should goes hand in hand. They compliment one another is well combined.

White shark bro,the details which you had given was very reasonable and understandable.But in terms of performance which is the best ?

Sherhan, thankz for looking me up but I have not personally tried such a great variety. The specs and dimension for the 3 mentioned are pretty close and it would be a really close fight if you asked me. It is also difficult to make an accurate comparison as those that I have sampled were of different engine capacity and setup. If I were to personally choose.. I'll go for the Remus based on sound which should be easier to tame.... and put a couple of silencer tip and larger center muffle on it to maintain low decibel.

White shark bro,thanks again for your technical advise...Do you know the cost for remus exhaust system?

Saw a white bmw earlier today at sims drive ,similar to the one in your profile....( My bmw is maroon in colour).If it was you ,need to know where you got your euro number plate fixed...Thanks...

Hey Guys,

Talking about LTA compliant, Muffler do come with the LTA cert but what about the catalytic converter? its meaningless to mod your muffler without modifying the catalytic. i have these experience with my previous E36 316i year 1996. At first i change the muffler using REMUS cost me $1400. I found that the performance was only bit of ok. Acceleration was still the same. So went back to the exhaust shop and the y advise me to dismantle the catalytic converter and replace it with these thing which i have forgotten the name to call it.....ha ha ha. its like a cylinder with about 4" dia and 350mm long. Then i drove to KL. The acceleration was faster and manage to hit top speed of about 240km/h. Did some other mod like changing Ab, coil, struct bar rear and front, rims and tyre. imagine a 1.6litre could hit that kind of speed. Maybe its a brand new car. My questin is, what about changing the catalytic converter to the cylinder that i mentioned. does it come with LTA cert?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitclub999com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back