• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

(REPOST)FOR SALE: E36 318iS Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (REPOST)FOR SALE: E36 318iS Coupe

otto matic,

may i suggest you buy a cheaper e36 from one of the dealers, and rebuild it yourself. Cause really if you goal is to rebuild one, no point buying one that has already been half rebuilt. I think you'll draw more satisfaction from rebuilding a run down car yourself. :)

SC_IS;417420 said:
otto matic,

may i suggest you buy a cheaper e36 from one of the dealers, and rebuild it yourself. Cause really if you goal is to rebuild one, no point buying one that has already been half rebuilt. I think you'll draw more satisfaction from rebuilding a run down car yourself. :)

True but in my experience the chances of acquiring an "unmolested" example is usually higher when buying from car club members.
I don't usually bother with dealer cars because they're expensive and totally junk. You hit the nail on the spot when you say I draw satisfaction from restoring a car to its former glory. Having had some experience under my belt now (I have restored close to 10 cars), I am more cautious now as I don't want to start out with something that was hastily put back together after a major calamity and then put back on the market. Have had the misfortune of doing that before and I can assure you, it was most unpleasant both for me and the dealer who sold me the car.

SC_IS;417420 said:
otto matic,

Oh just another pointer, at $28,000 there really isn't much difference in terms of pricing if you're talking about buying from the dealer.

otto matic;417394 said:
Using depreciation is pretty flawed logic, I've only heard of car salesmen who do that. If the numbers are so favourable to the buyer, then why don't you renew your COE now at $4000, sell the car at $32,000 and claim $3,200 a year depreciation? Or better still sell it at $70,000 and claim $7,000 a year depreciation, which is still lower than what you're offering?

I don see a FLAWED logic. Maybe u got FLAWED mental calculations. Thats why car buyers who normally dont count the depre numbers get cheated for a shorter lifespan car with a higher price. If numbers not favorable/important to you.... then why keep saying i am pricing my car too expensive just because of the asking? I open the depre theory u say not important, i showed you the figues u got thing to say. Since u like to back your claims on 10K to 15K sedan..... so coupe shld be 3-4 K more???? Where is the comparison???? Read between the line.... go get an EG lah.....

I don see a need to do firesale now. Why muz i pay for extra COE when i can still drive for 3 yrs 10 months before i make a decision. Then why not u go ask for E46 M3 still left 5 years renew it and sell cos asking lower mah. No logical sense when COE yet to expire. I also wont sell it at 70K after renewing COE bcos i have a sound mind. Well.... whether u like it or not i have to just tell u to go squeeze other sellers from sgcarmart. Don try ur luck here.

If u are not buying then i dun need you to teach me how to sell my. Personally, money is also NEVER an issue to me. If no one buys i keep, its paid up. I dun need to sell u at 20K, bcos at 20K i got plenty of dealers waiting.

Enuff said..... not buying pls stay off my thread.

panzer;417423 said:
I don see a FLAWED logic. Maybe u got FLAWED mental calculations. Thats why car buyers who normally dont count the depre numbers get cheated for a shorter lifespan car with a higher price. If numbers not favorable/important to you.... then why keep saying i am pricing my car too expensive just because of the asking? I open the depre theory u say not important, i showed you the figues u got thing to say. Since u like to back your claims on 10K to 15K sedan..... so coupe shld be 3-4 K more???? Where is the comparison???? Read between the line.... go get an EG lah.....

I don see a need to do firesale now. Why muz i pay for extra COE when i can still drive for 3 yrs 10 months before i make a decision. Then why not u go ask for E46 M3 still left 5 years renew it and sell cos asking lower mah. No logical sense when COE yet to expire. I also wont sell it at 70K after renewing COE bcos i have a sound mind. Well.... whether u like it or not i have to just tell u to go squeeze other sellers from sgcarmart. Don try ur luck here.

If u are not buying then i dun need you to teach me how to sell my. Personally, money is also NEVER an issue to me. If no one buys i keep, its paid up. I dun need to sell u at 20K, bcos at 20K i got plenty of dealers waiting.

Enuff said..... not buying pls stay off my thread.

You seem to talk like a car dealer, try to get you to justify your price then you turn nasty and tell me to buy an EG. I already said I'm negotiable on the price but you don't seem to be very interested. You play around with the numbers, so what seems to be the problem when I do the same?

U play with numbers with no logical sense asking me to price my car at 70K, it seems like u just wana tok only leh. So what if i am car dealer??? Is it a crime??? Now becomes u are negotiable on the price???? I do need to negotiate with.... I wont even be bothered if u are buying my car, coz i wont be selling to you at any price.... u saw right ANY FREAKING PRICE. U like to restaore thats ur problem, buy a dealer one and restore lor, why still harp on it. I have told u abt the way i look at depre and figures, if u don see it eye to eye with me i am fine, even if u agree i am not selling it to you. So shaddup.... If marina south never closed down i will invite u there.... FLY KITE

panzer;417427 said:
U play with numbers with no logical sense asking me to price my car at 70K, it seems like u just wana tok only leh. So what if i am car dealer??? Is it a crime??? Now becomes u are negotiable on the price???? I do need to negotiate with.... I wont even be bothered if u are buying my car, coz i wont be selling to you at any price.... u saw right ANY FREAKING PRICE. U like to restaore thats ur problem, buy a dealer one and restore lor, why still harp on it. I have told u abt the way i look at depre and figures, if u don see it eye to eye with me i am fine, even if u agree i am not selling it to you. So shaddup.... If marina south never closed down i will invite u there.... FLY KITE

That's very professional of you. I wish you all the best with the sale of your car. Hope you do find one eventually and thanks for your time.

PS. contact has gotten back to me and I now know the full history of the car, wouldn't even pay $15,000 for it.

HAHA History???? Great... some cars has best history from the mouth........ Ya what u heard??? Major crash???? Left Right Front and Centre???? Ya car split into 2 b4 and i weld it back. Some loosers even can tell me half cut means cut chassis into half and then weld back..... Tell ppl u restorer.... dun make ppl laugh lah..... some shitholes only got the shitholes mouth to talk.... Then next time to tok big..... Watch u shithole mouth ya..... i need not be professional.... my profession is not selling car.... somtimes i wonder.... whatever u posting seems like another shit stirrer... u tok articulate but ur posting seems like someone we all know.....

Bye and freak off

panzer;417436 said:
HAHA History???? Great... some cars has best history from the mouth........ Ya what u heard??? Major crash???? Left Right Front and Centre???? Ya car split into 2 b4 and i weld it back. Some loosers even can tell me half cut means cut chassis into half and then weld back..... Tell ppl u restorer.... dun make ppl laugh lah..... some shitholes only got the shitholes mouth to talk.... Then next time to tok big..... Watch u shithole mouth ya..... i need not be professional.... my profession is not selling car.... somtimes i wonder.... whatever u posting seems like another shit stirrer... u tok articulate but ur posting seems like someone we all know.....

Bye and freak off

I'm sure you know, and now I know. Good luck.

Ya...... with my car so it does not concern you does it???

SC_IS;417352 said:
Bro, but a 318iS will smoke a auto 320 anytime. Thats unless you willing to do a gearbox converstion from auto to manual for a 320. In which you might as well find a 325 or 328 and do the conversion.

Value for money, still 318iS bro. My opinion as well la.. hahaha

Last night never come leh you..hahaha :)

Sorry, last nite busy lah.....have been busy of late.....:(

Btw, IMHO....and i've tried and tested before.......318is will smoke me from 0-80 for sure......after that, it's a different story liao..........

Ai race mai?? :)

Me dun wanna do gearbox conversion on my current car liao....got new 'idea'.........:yummie:

otto matic;417419 said:
Of course it would be best if all my criteria can be fulfilled, but in reality that never happens, does it?
With the exception of being accident free, I can compromise on all the other factors.

Yes my cars have all been lovingly restored. I hardly drive them and they usually sit in the garage for me or the occasional guest to admire. You are welcome to come and have a cup of tea if you want :)

Bro I had PMed you last night to see yr restoration work.. Guess u might had miss it..

What merc you had restored? I would love to see a Pagoda if you have one..

gweenray;417469 said:

Btw, IMHO....and i've tried and tested before.......318is will smoke me from 0-80 for sure......after that, it's a different story liao..........

Me dun wanna do gearbox conversion on my current car liao....got new 'idea'.........:yummie:

Ai............. Jackie say 1....:nehnehhh:

ody_2004;417514 said:
Bro I had PMed you last night to see yr restoration work.. Guess u might had miss it..

What merc you had restored? I would love to see a Pagoda if you have one..

I'm also very interested to know....:juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

milk15;417518 said:
Ai............. Jackie say 1....:nehnehhh:

I'm also very interested to know....:juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

Haha, nice try.

No way am I going to give out details of my restored classics. Some vindicative chap might take a coin to my paintwork if he knows which cars are mine.

otto matic;417554 said:
Haha, nice try.

No way am I going to give out details of my restored classics. Some vindicative chap might take a coin to my paintwork if he knows which cars are mine.

Bro, i doubt u know of any Mercs Classic models....................
Vindicative chap taking a coin to ur paintwork??? :lol2:
Opppsssss......... unless ur Mercs is the 1 and only in S'pore... but i think that would be a vintage Mercs.......:yikess: :yikess: :yikess:

** Btw, i'm oni asking what models of Mercs you had restored using BRAND NEW PARTS......
(faster go goggle search & post some classic models....):lol2: :lol2:

milk15;417559 said:
Bro, i doubt u know of any Mercs Classic models....................
Vindicative chap taking a coin to ur paintwork??? :lol2:
Opppsssss......... unless ur Mercs is the 1 and only in S'pore... but i think that would be a vintage Mercs.......:yikess: :yikess: :yikess:

** Btw, i'm oni asking what models of Mercs you had restored using BRAND NEW PARTS......
(faster go goggle search & post some classic models....):lol2: :lol2:

As it so happens, the car I have is rare enough that one might be able to narrow down the list of owners to a couple or so. I must admit, that was a pretty good try, playing to my ego. But I have not come this far in life for nothing, and I won't be dumb enough to be tricked so easily :)

gweenray;417350 said:
IMHO, the full enjoyment for BMW's come from the in-line 6 cylinder engines.......hence, if anyone had a 320i coupe..........commanding at that price, in this current economic situation....i'll say it's a good price....but for the 318is.....I won't......irrelevant of what's been done.....

Again, no offence to Iscoupe, SCIS and the other bros driving the 318is.....

Cheers, Ray.
wow i kanna offended , pls buy satay if not dun let me see u on the road !

SC_IS;417352 said:
Bro, but a 318iS will smoke a auto 320 anytime...

Last night never come leh you..hahaha :)
+1 esp. Ray 320 :nehnehhh:

otto matic;417433 said:
That's very professional of you. I wish you all the best with the sale of your car. Hope you do find one eventually and thanks for your time.

PS. contact has gotten back to me and I now know the full history of the car, wouldn't even pay $15,000 for it.
haha u here to buy car or stir shit... our car scrap give COE rebate by LTA already 15K !

gweenray;417469 said:

ai, where are u ! i wait for u at satay place, put time. we eat first u pay then race !

otto matic;417554 said:
Haha, nice try.

hello same here , I also got alot restore classic, some age 40, some age35 all restore quite close to 35C-24-34 now,
but i not telling anyone, in case C3PO knows - end OT.

otto matic;417561 said:
As it so happens, the car I have is rare enough that one might be able to narrow down the list of owners to a couple or so. I must admit, that was a pretty good try, playing to my ego. But I have not come this far in life for nothing, and I won't be dumb enough to be tricked so easily :)

Bro i guess you are over sensitive here. Most of us here hold decent jobs and we do know who is who here. Who would want to cause damage to yr restored car/cars? Furthermore you mentioned they are in your garages so no chance we get to access them.

As for restoring Merc using New parts I guess your merc may not be that old. If i not wrong Mercedes are only storing parts for 30 yrs. So certain parts may not be available and custom work maybe necessary. I do know of a very well preserved 1971 200E. As good as stock still on the road daily.

I appreciate that you share with me the experience and various process of your restoration work. You can leave out the make/model to protect your privacy. PM me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gemwinwang

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups