Resale E60 is so hot now

Ct13

Started to look out for a E60 in resales market recently, Had missed the first ride I viewed as dare not commit w/o sending to workshop to check. That E60 gone within 24hrs.

Saw a adv of a Silver E60(523) with M package asking 68K(Jan06), price went up on second day to $72,500 even ride still at paint shop. Dealer claimed a few buyers bidding for it, I called the dealer I am willing to pay higher if can send to workshop for check. Ride gone yesterday...:(

E60 is so hot............

Re: Resale E60 is so hot now

Ct13;870157 said:
Started to look out for a E60 in resales market recently, Had missed the first ride I viewed as dare not commit w/o sending to workshop to check. That E60 gone within 24hrs.

Saw a adv of a Silver E60(523) with M package asking 68K(Jan06), price went up on second day to $72,500 even ride still at paint shop. Dealer claimed a few buyers bidding for it, I called the dealer I am willing to pay higher if can send to workshop for check. Ride gone yesterday...:(

erm.. might not be the case...

here is another reason why the price went up the next day and then gone..

okay, the car is 68k at first.. then it went up to 72,500. it might be because the buyer wants a full loan and normally loan company dont give full loan, so the plan is to submit to the finance company 72,500 and then say that the person gave a downpayment and only loaning 68k or 65k.. this will help with loan approval.

common practice in the market.

jerms;870168 said:
erm.. might not be the case...

here is another reason why the price went up the next day and then gone..

okay, the car is 68k at first.. then it went up to 72,500. it might be because the buyer wants a full loan and normally loan company dont give full loan, so the plan is to submit to the finance company 72,500 and then say that the person gave a downpayment and only loaning 68k or 65k.. this will help with loan approval.

common practice in the market.

Agreed with you on loan part(They will do that). But when I was negotiating with the dealer, the ride still available. I offered 72,800, dealer agreed. But I do not agreed with the 90% loan. So I think I loose out on this.

Move on to hunt for next E60.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Ct13;870184 said:
Agreed with you on loan part(They will do that). But when I was negotiating with the dealer, the ride still available. I offered 72,800, dealer agreed. But I do not agreed with the 90% loan. So I think I loose out on this.

Move on to hunt for next E60.......

ah.. meaning you dont want to loan 90% and the dealer sold it to another person? the more you loan the more commission :)

dont worry, there are alot of good E60s ard :) BMW drivers all love their cars! :p

That's cos F10 is too expensive

Hello bro , I would advise you to get a low mileage car . Otherwise you will spend more money for servicing and changing of unnecessary part wear and tear .
There are some nice 5 series in the Sg car mart so with reasonable mileage and good price too . I recently bought mine at PML ( 09/2009 ) E60 525i for $152K and the mileage is 26000km ( 2 owner before ) . Sg car mart is selling 02/2010 car for very reasonable price and mileage too . Last week I sent my car back to PML to get it fix as I am still under the 3 years warranty and they did some parts replacement for me under the warranty period . ( since I bought my car from PPS and they still provide me 1 more year warranty ) . There were some engine problem and they solve it for me at no charges . This is my advise if you are buying a 6 years old BM and high mileage ...!! just provide you some important information for your reference . Cheers.....

e60 depreciation is so much lower compared to other makes.
reasonable monthly installment too compared to the f10

Pls buy LCI e60s, a complete different drive and interior from pre LCI ones.

Pre-LCI e60 used to be hot last year but right now the trend is 2007 and 2008 LCI e60s.
More years left n acceptable prices.
The 04-06 ones probably leaves u 3-4 yrs to play with it max

Ct13;870157 said:

Bro.. I selling mine 2006 Aug.. Black E60.. wear / Tear parts all replaced.. ACS Kit.. 19" Sart Sart Rims w/ PSS Tyres!!
Call me 8288 7171 to discuss:)

sszone;870437 said:
Pre-LCI e60 used to be hot last year but right now the trend is 2007 and 2008 LCI e60s.
More years left n acceptable prices.
The 04-06 ones probably leaves u 3-4 yrs to play with it max

Agreed !!! Buy LCI cos more part and engine, gearbox issues has been improved over the pre LCI version ... No regret bro !!! 8)

But the LCI models are those that is 4 - 5 yrs.. mileage 80k - 100k.. its in the range of timing whereby the wear/tear starts to come... in fact those 130k - 150k 6/7 yrs old E60 will be a safer buy for short term use.. bcoz mostly all went through major replacement of wear/tear parts..

mel7711;870488 said:
But the LCI models are those that is 4 - 5 yrs.. mileage 80k - 100k.. its in the range of timing whereby the wear/tear starts to come... in fact those 130k - 150k 6/7 yrs old E60 will be a safer buy for short term use.. bcoz mostly all went through major replacement of wear/tear parts..

Not likely , can try get those 2009 and above but of cos pay more lor :D

Ct13;870157 said:

I happen to trade in my jan 06 silver e60 with msport kit n m5 interior. I wonder if it's my ride lol

If its the one in sgcarmart then it's mine. With comfort seat....I miss comfort seat

Terras14;870511 said:
I happen to trade in my jan 06 silver e60 with msport kit n m5 interior. I wonder if it's my ride lol

If its the one in sgcarmart then it's mine. With comfort seat....I miss comfort seat

i think is urs.... with m5 steering wheel n knob without gear console. i was thinking which kind soul never dekit.

nice ride!!!

mel7711;870441 said:
Bro.. I selling mine 2006 Aug.. Black E60.. wear / Tear parts all replaced.. ACS Kit.. 19" Sart Sart Rims w/ PSS Tyres!!
Call me 8288 7171 to discuss:)

Bro mel,

Saw your ride at your carpark one of the night with heavy rain!;)

Terras14;870511 said:

Is your ride terras, i had sent you pm. please check.

Dealer claimed car back on sales...

Thanks,
Ct

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back