Resale E60 is so hot now

Re: Resale E60 is so hot now

goready;928106 said:
Didn't know if mileage can be tweaked. But if its a pml car, don't think the owner will tweak it as pml can get info about the car with the fob.
Not necessarily true. Both pml and pi vehicles can be tweaked, they are many ways around it if the person really wants to do it..

Decided to get a 2009 525i from PPSL instead. Didn't pursue the 530i as the dealer didn't get back to me on the basic question of when the last servicing was done. I did see in the i-drive that the brake fluid was overdue since April 2012.

The other thing was really the colours... Couldn't get past that the gold exterior and beige interior. Just don't understand why so many beige and glossy wood trim from the e60s in general. :p

mojoe;929138 said:
Decided to get a 2009 525i from PPSL instead. Didn't pursue the 530i as the dealer didn't get back to me on the basic question of when the last servicing was done. I did see in the i-drive that the brake fluid was overdue since April 2012.

The other thing was really the colours... Couldn't get past that the gold exterior and beige interior. Just don't understand why so many beige and glossy wood trim from the e60s in general. :p

signed papers already? congratulations on your new ride!

Sprawler;929139 said:
signed papers already? congratulations on your new ride!

Yes! Signed on Saturday, so should be delivered within this week. Had some post-purchase dissonance of whether I should or not with car prices being so ridiculous these days.

Now need to sell off my current ride :p

mojoe;929140 said:
Yes! Signed on Saturday, so should be delivered within this week. Had some post-purchase dissonance of whether I should or not with car prices being so ridiculous these days.

Now need to sell off my current ride :p
Why didn't you sell your current ride to PPSL? Heard they give a good price for trdae in cars. No regrets so far on the E60 for me.. Very smooth engine and the handling is good. But still depends on what car you are driving now for you to compare.. Lol.. BTW congrats on your new ride..

goready;929180 said:
Why didn't you sell your current ride to PPSL? Heard they give a good price for trdae in cars. No regrets so far on the E60 for me.. Very smooth engine and the handling is good. But still depends on what car you are driving now for you to compare.. Lol.. BTW congrats on your new ride..

The offer for my ride was really bad... I got some online quotation from sgcarmart earlier and it was at least 10k higher. I drive an Alfa ;)

Car is stock with 17" rim, so thinking of changing the exhaust and upsize the rims, but was advised to only do the rims and not exhaust for fear of warranty issue with PML. Any issue about ICE as well? Thinking of transferring my existing speakers and amps over, but without touching the stock unit (probably add a processor instead).

hi mojoe congrats!
for ice, drop by Soundwerkz look for Kelvin, the BMW ice guru.

golilok;929265 said:
hi mojoe congrats!
for ice, drop by Soundwerkz look for Kelvin, the BMW ice guru.

Would it affect my warranty though?

PPSL give you 1 yr warranty from purchase date?
Otherwise, 2009 cars warranty is going out soon

Congrats to you!!! Welcome to the strawberry world!!

You will have a piece of mind since you got it from PPSL as they provide you one year extended warranty.

Ct13;929287 said:

You will have a piece of mind since you got it from PPSL as they provide you one year extended warranty.

So if we buy a 2yr old car from PPSL, will we get 3ys or 4yr warranty ?

mojoe;929267 said:
Would it affect my warranty though?

haha just drop by and speak live with Kelvin
its less confusing, difficult to comment here

Ct13;929287 said:

I keep on reading strawberries and all.....mind explaining what does it mean?

Anyway, mine is gold outside and beige inside.... feels so offended.... (just kidding!!)

mojoe;929233 said:
I drive an Alfa ;)
You'll definitely love the E60..

mojoe;929233 said:
Car is stock with 17" rim, so thinking of changing the exhaust and upsize the rims, but was advised to only do the rims and not exhaust for fear of warranty issue with PML. Any issue about ICE as well? Thinking of transferring my existing speakers and amps over, but without touching the stock unit (probably add a processor instead).
Warranty issues I am not sure cos mine no more warranty. They can find issues with anything after market if they want to. My advise, drive the car for awhile and see if there is any issues..

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason8822;929312 said:
So if we buy a 2yr old car from PPSL, will we get 3ys or 4yr warranty ?

Standard is 3 yrs warranty or 100k mileage regardless which ever come first(correct me if I am wrong).

Regardless when you bought the PPSL car, they extended another years. Which means up to fourth year or 200k mileage which ever come first.

Mine is warranty till 4th year or 200k mileage.

Ct13;929405 said:
Standard is 3 yrs warranty or 100k mileage regardless which ever come first(correct me if I am wrong).

Regardless when you bought the PPSL car, they extended another years. Which means up to fourth year or 200k mileage which ever come first.

Mine is warranty till 4th year or 200k mileage.

Honestly, it sometimes is better if you are able to snatch a good deal with a direct owner as compared to buying a vehicle from ppsl. Although ppsl can give you the extra year warranty on top of the standard 3 year package, it will probably cost you as much as 10k more?+ - .

Sprawler;929410 said:
Honestly, it sometimes is better if you are able to snatch a good deal with a direct owner as compared to buying a vehicle from ppsl. Although ppsl can give you the extra year warranty on top of the standard 3 year package, it will probably cost you as much as 10k more?+ - .

I do agree with you.
That's why I bought from a direct seller.
But you may get a good deal at times, let's say 3k more than market price.

Yup, ppsl cars have a 1-year warranty. Thus if the original warranty only left 1 year, then this car from ppsl will have 1+1 years of warranty, which is not too bad, but you will pay a premium for the assurance.

That is why ppsl only usually buy-in low mileage and less than 3-4 years old car. Older cars or high mileage, they will buy back using other subsidiaries. (thats what the salesman told me)

Hopefully the savings buying from Direct will offset any wear-and-tear and other maintenance that comes along the way (touch wood).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back