Resale E60 is so hot now

Re: Resale E60 is so hot now

80k is when most parts going to wear soon?

Does it mean have to repair/replace for that range of mileage for most cars?

gohjialong;927404 said:
80k is when most parts going to wear soon?

Does it mean have to repair/replace for that range of mileage for most cars?

No definite mileage when the parts going to wear out or break down. it is very much depend how the owner take care & maintain the car. What after market items owner installed that will affect other parts to wear out faster... Etc....
Example: if owner installed aftermarket Coilover, especially those very firm/hardcore model. It will affect stock engine mount, and other mounting to wear out faster.

I can see some bro here oil change at 5 - 6k interval. Or co mmonly between 7 - 8k interval. But many Bimmer on the road especially old auntie or uncle only send to workshop when the oil change light lights up. And they are the one with low mileage car, they can clock 12k mileage in 2 years. Just imagine the oil in the engine for 2 years??

Last edited by a moderator:

Ct13;927382 said:
Interesting questions....
Let's say the car is fully maintained by boss, BVO or R2D.. Fully maintain to me is this owner only go back to this particular workshop for servicing & repair, as this owner only trust this particular workshop. So even at high mileage, those parts that going to damage or damaged and need to be change mostly likely will recommend by the workshop and changed.

But of course regardless of the above which including PML maintain car, I will still request to bring to my preferred workshop to do a test before I commit. To minimise future damage cost.

I don't mind buying a high mileage car at a lower price if the owner take good care of the car. As to me, 15k different can standby for a new gearbox rebuilt and other problems if arise.
80k mileage is when most of the parts going to wear soon....

Just my thinking. There is no right or wrong decision make for getting the low or mileage car. As long as we feel this is the car we like, and don't mind the mileage. Go for it!!!!

A 3 series bro bought a car that is only 45k mileage, he spend bomb on repair cost. One lady owner ride. He is in this forum. Or may e he bought a lemon ride.

yup. milege is really a misleading indicator.

1. in sg context, many bimmers change hands really regularly as compared to jap rides. (people who can afford such cars backside itchy haha). in the midst of changing hands the milege could have been tweeked so many times.

2. high milege cars often would have gone through certain replacement already (if the previous owner has been diligent enough)

3. savings from buying high milege car can be used to prepare for repairs.

lastly, when i was hunting for my used e90 a few months back. i test drove 6 cars, interestingly, some genuinely low milege ones were really in bad shape. engine sounded rough, gear change wasnt smooth, and the drive was so shabby.
as compared to the one i eventually got- milege at 100k, but i suspect previous owner didnt follow PML instructions and used his own oil change interval, the drive and gears were butter smooth and from there- i never looked back.
lesson learnt- send in the car to your trusted workshop or at least AA to get it checked before committing!

xiaofoggy;927489 said:
yup. milege is really a misleading indicator.

1. in sg context, many bimmers change hands really regularly as compared to jap rides. (people who can afford such cars backside itchy haha). in the midst of changing hands the milege could have been tweeked so many times.

2. high milege cars often would have gone through certain replacement already (if the previous owner has been diligent enough)

3. savings from buying high milege car can be used to prepare for repairs.

lastly, when i was hunting for my used e90 a few months back. i test drove 6 cars, interestingly, some genuinely low milege ones were really in bad shape. engine sounded rough, gear change wasnt smooth, and the drive was so shabby.
as compared to the one i eventually got- milege at 100k, but i suspect previous owner didnt follow PML instructions and used his own oil change interval, the drive and gears were butter smooth and from there- i never looked back.
lesson learnt- send in the car to your trusted workshop or at least AA to get it checked before committing!

Yes, so true. Drats, just did my servicing at 85K before joining this forum. Hope the ATF and all can tahan until next servicing at 95K....... (at the same time also need to spray paint the CB key-scratch)

bro pls do your atf change fast.. hearsay that changing atf regularly will reduce/delay gearbox failure. all the best=

Ct13;927437 said:
No definite mileage when the parts going to wear out or break down. it is very much depend how the owner take care & maintain the car. What after market items owner installed that will affect other parts to wear out faster... Etc....
Example: if owner installed aftermarket Coilover, especially those very firm/hardcore model. It will affect stock engine mount, and other mounting to wear out faster.

I can see some bro here oil change at 5 - 6k interval. Or co mmonly between 7 - 8k interval. But many Bimmer on the road especially old auntie or uncle only send to workshop when the oil change light lights up. And they are the one with low mileage car, they can clock 12k mileage in 2 years. Just imagine the oil in the engine for 2 years??

Thanks for the explanation. understand better how it works. better aftermarket mods might affect other stock parts cos they might be linked to each other. but on the other hand having aftermarket items can be better than stock parts and therefore last longer.

Advice needed from a BMW newbie

Hi guys,

I have decided to sell my current ride and look for a LCI 525i or even 530i. Other than the usual things to check, I have a somewhat trivia question... how many keys does the e60 come with?

I saw a 2008 530i with 4 previous owners and low mileage... is this a warning sign? The price is good and I guess when it is this good, something must be wrong right? I can of course send the car for inspection, but I'm just worried whether the mileage has been reset (how do you check) or it's been in and out of workshop since the mileage is low and has 4 previous owners... or am I overly-paranoid?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Advice needed from a BMW newbie

u can request dealer or seller to let u bring car for inspection prior to committing.
pls do not use the STA cos their reports are mostly BS, go look for our site sponsor workshops or workshops that always work on bmws so that they will give u a more concise n accurate report on the condition on your potential ride.

mojoe;927871 said:
Hi guys,

I have decided to sell my current ride and look for a LCI 525i or even 530i. Other than the usual things to check, I have a somewhat trivia question... how many keys does the e60 come with?

I saw a 2008 530i with 4 previous owners and low mileage... is this a warning sign? The price is good and I guess when it is this good, something must be wrong right? I can of course send the car for inspection, but I'm just worried whether the mileage has been reset (how do you check) or it's been in and out of workshop since the mileage is low and has 4 previous owners... or am I overly-paranoid?

Cheers

mojoe;927871 said:
Hi guys,

Cheers

I was looking at 530 but so rare at that time, now sg rampart have a few units for sales.
The 08 ride your asked depreciation is lower than a 525!!

I can't comment, but 4 owners and so low mileage? If it is the real case, you will be the luckiest guy to own it. The passenger seat leather doesn't seem to match the mileage. As normally driver side is more wear out than the passenger seat. Unless all 4 owners always drive with passenger.

mojoe;927871 said:
Hi guys,

Cheers
You should get 2 FOB and a plastic master key.

Ct13;927877 said:
I was looking at 530 but so rare at that time, now sg rampart have a few units for sales.
The 08 ride your asked depreciation is lower than a 525!!

I can't comment, but 4 owners and so low mileage? If it is the real case, you will be the luckiest guy to own it. The passenger seat leather doesn't seem to match the mileage. As normally driver side is more wear out than the passenger seat. Unless all 4 owners always drive with passenger.

That is my biggest fear as well... usually when it is too good to be true, it is. It's either a lemon that went in and out of the workshop or it has the mileage reset. Looking at the pictures again, I see what you mean about the passenger seat. I will probably swing by and have a look. If I pursue further, I will definitely send it for a check up.

sszone;927876 said:
u can request dealer or seller to let u bring car for inspection prior to committing.
pls do not use the STA cos their reports are mostly BS, go look for our site sponsor workshops or workshops that always work on bmws so that they will give u a more concise n accurate report on the condition on your potential ride.

Agree.. I never bothered with STA rating. I will definitely get it checked if I want to pursue further. Any idea how much would it costs to do a full check at the likes of BVO or Juzz-for-car?

mojoe;927900 said:
Agree.. I never bothered with STA rating. I will definitely get it checked if I want to pursue further. Any idea how much would it costs to do a full check at the likes of BVO or Juzz-for-car?

You can bring to any of our site sponsor, it is around $100+. Gor for it!!!! It has confort seat, Nice gear level, Nav, peddal shift!!!!! And it's depreciation is lower than 525!!! Or even a 523!!!!

mojoe;927880 said:
That is my biggest fear as well... usually when it is too good to be true, it is. It's either a lemon that went in and out of the workshop or it has the mileage reset. Looking at the pictures again, I see what you mean about the passenger seat. I will probably swing by and have a look. If I pursue further, I will definitely send it for a check up.

go for it. i dun think its 4 owners, it says is the owner's 4th car. just get it thoroughly checked by any reputable bimmer workshop before committing, dun bother about the STA reports.

things to prepare to change, oil gaskets, battery, tires and ATF ( yes i will change ATF even at 57k mileage + servicing unless got servicing records)

yeshe;927934 said:
go for it. i dun think its 4 owners, it says is the owner's 4th car. just get it thoroughly checked by any reputable bimmer workshop before committing, dun bother about the STA reports.

things to prepare to change, oil gaskets, battery, tires and ATF ( yes i will change ATF even at 57k mileage + servicing unless got servicing records)

It is really a 4-owners car... I will be the 5th if I go for it. Some questionable details... it's consignment, so the dealer doesn't have a lot of things... doesn't know when it was last serviced and may not have been by PML. The current owner installed an aftermarket exhaust that is not approved (but he has the original).

I didn't see any welding marks on the inside of the engine bay and everything else seems fine (car panel gaps, etc.), except for some scratches/ scruff marks.

I don't fancy the interior beige colour, but it is a still a 530. The next step is to get it inspected. My main concern is whether the actual mileage of 58k is true.

mojoe;928050 said:
It is really a 4-owners car... I will be the 5th if I go for it. Some questionable details... it's consignment, so the dealer doesn't have a lot of things... doesn't know when it was last serviced and may not have been by PML. The current owner installed an aftermarket exhaust that is not approved (but he has the original).

I didn't see any welding marks on the inside of the engine bay and everything else seems fine (car panel gaps, etc.), except for some scratches/ scruff marks.

I don't fancy the interior beige colour, but it is a still a 530. The next step is to get it inspected. My main concern is whether the actual mileage of 58k is true.

My thinking is:
This car warranty just expired in Aug, should be quite safe. But of course still have to tie down to send to your workshop to run a check.

This price is even cheaper than some of the 525 asking price in the market!!! And don't forget tge high OMV. price low Reason being 4th owners. But like I said if you like it, and with this pricing. Go for it.

haha hopefully as 5th owner u can drive till e end. if not when selling sure hv problems

along the same note, im looking to sell my current e60 520i(may 08 ). anyone interested can pm me. 8)

Didn't know if mileage can be tweaked. But if its a pml car, don't think the owner will tweak it as pml can get info about the car with the fob.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back