Resale E60 is so hot now

Re: Resale E60 is so hot now

kevinbmw;874170 said:
Hello redrex, before I got my car, I was looking for a 523 as well. One thing I noticed usually is that they have this ticking sound coming from the engine. Not sure if it is a common problem but it sounded like a fan belt ticking..anyway the sound usually disappears after its warmed up. However dunno what's the future implication but just take note and always be the first to start the engine when you are viewing.

Anyway if you take care of your ride and send for regular servicing, think the car an run well even after at high mileage. Hope this helps.. :)

Thanks , how about the electronics ? Not sure if there is any common fault that end up stopping by the road side .

redrex;874318 said:
Thanks , how about the electronics ? Not sure if there is any common fault that end up stopping by the road side .

So far nv heard of any...

nothingman;874272 said:
just got my e60 yesterday. omg the electronics to me r madness! too many compare to my previous CTR. haha

Your bought the pre LCI or LCI model?

Ct13;874218 said:
I can only get the spec from sgcarmart. LCI 525 is 218hp, pre-LCI is 192hp.

Anyone can verify?

Any senior can clarify?

nothingman;874272 said:
just got my e60 yesterday. omg the electronics to me r madness! too many compare to my previous CTR. haha
Have Fun wif the iDrive!!

mel7711;874728 said:
Have Fun wif the iDrive!!

i felt tat my RPM moves a little causing slight vibration of the car during idling. Any e60 bros faced this problem before. the vibration may just a little but it can be kind irritating.

think can increase the idling rpm slightly higher to avoid unstable idling. if it doesn't solve, it could be due to other problems..... like, dirty injectors, faulty fuel pump, etc....

relaxed;874851 said:
think can increase the idling rpm slightly higher to avoid unstable idling. if it doesn't solve, it could be due to other problems..... like, dirty injectors, faulty fuel pump, etc....

omg i just wish it can be solved by increasing the idling rpm. dun wish to get a heart attack so soon.

Bros,

Will be getting my e60 pre LCI 525 this Thursday, will be sending to workshop to do all checks.
Anything to look out for or change for a 72k mileage ride? ( assuming 72k mileage is correct as there are no doc to backup, car diagnostics can verify right? )

yeshe;876485 said:
Bros,

Will be getting my e60 pre LCI 525 this Thursday, will be sending to workshop to do all checks.
Anything to look out for or change for a 72k mileage ride? ( assuming 72k mileage is correct as there are no doc to backup, car diagnostics can verify right? )

72k and totally no service record? Call up PML check when and what's the last service say add estimate 15k per year from last PML service as a gauge

yeshe;876485 said:
Bros,

According to Rod, there is a way to check whether the mileage is correct or not. Maybe u can check with him (under R2D or better still call him/nadia).

Resale E60 is so hot now

nothingman;874842 said:
i felt tat my RPM moves a little causing slight vibration of the car during idling. Any e60 bros faced this problem before. the vibration may just a little but it can be kind irritating.

Sounds like what I experienced. Mine turned out to be worn out injector coils and spark plugs that was causing the engine to misfire. Had them replaced and problem solved.

Have similar steering wheel vibration when
Idle at 850 rpm . Tried lowering or increasing the idle rpm,
but it will always reset automatically back to
850 rpm after driving for a while. But when I start the car when outside temp is below
25degC, the car will idle at 650 rpm with no vibration at all. Once the outside temp increase to >28degC , the idle rpm will increase back to 850 and steering vibration comes back

BMWmaniac;881041 said:
Saw plenty of 5 series on sales in sgcarmart. R those considered as E60?
yes.. those before between 2004 - 2009 520/523i or 523xl all is e60.. those strawberries from 2010 new model is F10

mel7711;881103 said:
yes.. those before between 2004 - 2009 520/523i or 523xl all is e60.. those strawberries from 2010 new model is F10

strawberries belong to an elite class within the f10 galaxy
not all f10 are strawberries
i am an elite btw

davidtch;876704 said:
According to Rod, there is a way to check whether the mileage is correct or not. Maybe u can check with him (under R2D or better still call him/nadia).

got rod to service n fix all those stuff, he verified that the mileage is correct :dance:

Hi!!!

First of all, i am not from singapore. Im from Brunei. It's because we dont have a local BMW forum or group here so i decided to register and join this club..

I am about to buy a 2/1/2 year old BMW 525i, local 12k mileage only.. selling for 54k bn dollar.. Is it worth it? New bmw 3 series selling for $69800 for 320i luxury, diesel and sport.. ermm still wonder should i get the 2nd hand bmw 525i or New 2012 320i! pls advice

ALot of my friend kept telling me to buy the 2nd hand Lexus GS300. V6 engine much faster.. 8k cheaper.. but then i still want the bmw 525i.... i know i am not in the right forum to compare but i decided the 525i as its only 12k mileage.. wooooo

I went and see sgcarmart.com and saw bmw in sg is charged 1.8k for road tax? OMG... it's like 52 dollar here ............... sg government really know how to chop pork chop!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back