Roof Spoiler Stolen

That's lengthy.
Conclusion is:
Effective communication only established when they know you are contributing to their revenue.
(that is when you are getting a speeding ticket from them. they will tell you in detail why they have to do it, why at that price, when to pay, how to pay, etc)
Effective communication not achievable when you become part of their expenses.
(that is stepping up patrol, increasing staff, etc)
ok? ;)
btw i view all man in blue are of the same group

denden,

No offence, I think you missed my point there...
Without similarly sounding jaded, what I'm trying to say is that we should also be realistic in our expectations of police actions. They can (realistically and logically) only help us in a big way if...

1) They have a certain amount of lead
2) The offence is getting more frequent and is worsening
3) It is feasible to mobilise manpower and logistic

Face it. When something like that happens to us, we're plain upset to the point where we get unrealistic. When we report to the police, we just want our spoiler back or we want someguy-anyguy nailed for our unhappiness. I'm just saying that that's not their job...
I'm never on their side most of the time...

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT jaded...

Police Story

Arsony said:
denden,

No offence, I think you missed my point there...
Without similarly sounding jaded, what I'm trying to say is that we should also be realistic in our expectations of police actions. They can (realistically and logically) only help us in a big way if...

1) They have a certain amount of lead
2) The offence is getting more frequent and is worsening
3) It is feasible to mobilise manpower and logistic

Face it. When something like that happens to us, we're plain upset to the point where we get unrealistic. When we report to the police, we just want our spoiler back or we want someguy-anyguy nailed for our unhappiness. I'm just saying that that's not their job...
I'm never on their side most of the time...

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT jaded...

HI Arsony,

The reason why I went to the police:

1. To ensure a record of a theft has been filed.
2. To make the police aware of the situation so as to protect fellow car owners.
3. To explore any opportunities of recovering my stuff. (Which was not high on my priority as I had already contemplated this risk when fixing the
spoiler anyway, in fact, i was half hearted in going to the police)

The expectations I had of the police:

1. To first of all establish or communicate the causes of action I can take.
2. To assess the chances of finding my item back
3. To prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that all realistic measures that can be taken to recover my loss have already been contemplated and the reasons why, if not feasible.

I did not expect them to search the entire country to find a roof spoiler. ( I think we all agree that there are priorities in life and this extends to a national level as well)

I only expected them to go a reasonable mileage in assisting me in recovering my item, which in my logical frame of mind could be done by finding the finger prints which might have been left behind.

My frustation therefore stems, not from losing an item, but in realising how much additional time I had wasted in trying to recover the item. If they had told me right from the start that checking for finger prints was not one of those things they could do for a nature of this case, then i would have walked out of the station and saved 1.5 hours of useful time.

Lastly, hope you could be more diplomatic with your postings. It could have sounded very different and sparked unnecessary conversation on a bad day :naughty:

Re: Police Story

e46sg said:
Lastly, hope you could be more diplomatic with your postings. It could have sounded very different and sparked unnecessary conversation on a bad day.

Take it easy, bro. I do share the same frustration with you, since I was placed in the same helpless predicament before.

But I'd think what Arsony was trying to say is that the mismatch between our expectations of the "damage control" to be done by the authorities, versus what we wanted as a levelled-out justice is creating additional frustration. Which is unwarranted.

Had we have a lowered expectation of what could be done there and then by the authorities, given the limited circumstantial leads in their hands, we might not even be bothered to pursue the matter. The probability of nabbing the culprit is so low that you might be better off going through the motion than to curse their bureaucratic attitude.

Cheer up.

now we know they don't fingerprint for car theft of the exterior type.... time to dekit some of the bodykits around, especially the Haman ones :goodup:

On a more serious note, it sounds pretty bad since the police are trying to spruce up their image as to communicate with the people and getting the people to communicate with them. Perhaps you can write in to the MP and blow up this thing? That is hopefully you have not washed your car.

Group buy for roof spoiler going on, console yourself with a new one! and perhaps a new set of rims, spoiler, exhaust, coilovers, mirrors... no need for the body kit cos we'll dekit someone's elses yah? Be thankful they didn't try to take out your rims by drilling away the 5th nut ... :thumbsup:

Cheer up!

Winston said:
......time to dekit some of the bodykits around, especially the Hamann ones...... no need for the body kit cos we'll dekit someone's elses yah? Be thankful they didn't try to take out your rims by drilling away the 5th nut ......

I am installing a new alarm system on my car. Lai lah. "Who scared who?"

Anyhow, e46sg, nice to meet you (on the road) yesterday. You coming for the meetup this Sunday?

kenntona,

Bwahhahaha... nice pic man...
Now that's what I called "active" alarm system.

It does not just bark.... it bites!!! OUch!!!

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT bitten.... yet...

e46sg,

I'm sorry man.... ok... let's face it .. I know you're upset and that most people would do what you did...

I'm just the forums Devil's advocate maaan.... the older boyz here would know that pretty well by now....

I just think that sometimes you gotta see things from the other side, it makes you have a clearer understanding as to why things happened...

No way did I intend to add salt to your wounds.... but I think agreeing with what everyone thinks and getting into the flow just because its mainstream does not make something right....

Sure .... if everybody here thinks that we should just sit around , rub each other's asses and say politically correct stuff that it's pretty much safe and makes everybody a whole lot happier then fine..... I'm sorry to have offended the Gods....

I forgot we're Singaporeans after all.... aren't we all afraid to rock the boat.... to do something different..... after all, we're Uniquely Singaporean....

So lets get back to the mainstream of things....

ALL vandalisers are idiots and evil.
ALL vandalisees are victims and should be given upmost attention
ALL police officers are useless and stupid and lazy and dont deserve their pay
ALL doctors driving blue BM coupes are infidels and deviants and should be shut out from society

Now.... aren't we starting to feel so good about ourselves already....
:dance:

Sorry... cant help it.....sigh............

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT having PMS...

Arsony,

Bro, I cannot agree with you more on the make-up of singaporeans. We like "yes-men", or at least most of our bosses do.

Speak up and you run the risk being condemned - no bonus, no pay rise, cannot buy M3. Better to go with the flow yeah?

Actually, its not "ALL doctors driving blue BM coupes are infidels and deviants and should be shut out from society"... Its "ALL YOUNG doctors driving nice cars are show-off. These cars are reserved for doctors that have arrived, not for us". One doc once told me driving a BMW is "showing off". Some think it is "inappropriate". Some say they have "simple tastes" so they dont drive BMWs. Ok, i am sorry for that. What to do, I love BMWs?

What do I do? Sell my car and drive a toyota or nissan so as to please the folks?

"...Actually, its not "ALL doctors driving blue BM coupes are infidels and deviants and should be shut out from society"... Its "ALL YOUNG doctors driving nice cars are show-off. These cars are reserved for doctors that have arrived, not for us". One doc once told me driving a BMW is "showing off". Some think it is "inappropriate". Some say they have "simple tastes" so they dont drive BMWs. Ok, i am sorry for that. .."

Excuse me....doctors shud be driving VOLVOS!!! safe, sturdy and bloody tanks :) :)

As to ur comments on being yes-man...hey, u gotta start somewhere, and when u become Snr consultants...save and pray that u will rem how u were treated and ACTUALLY offer to listen to ur juniors...cos most Snr cons I noe behave like God...kns...I have no respect for those kinds of clowns...I believe that ALL oru blood is red...

nuff...end of OT!!! See ya tonite..TZY will be der :) :)

Re: Roof Spoiler Stolen

e46sg said:
Hi All,

just be more careful. My roof spoiler just got ripped off two nights ago.

Installed a month back only. MS design bought at Autovox. :verysad:

Reported to the police already but sometimes i find them very slack. Refused to take finger prints or and even suggested it might have flown off!

I take the highway every day and it never did :shoot:

Try to avoid parking at dark places i suppose.

:|

Bro take it easy la, few nite ago my rear spoiler also got stolen... Knn my second piece liao le... and this time round i also call up the police n guess wat? they told me the same thing " maybe fly off i didnt notice" wat the hell. Anyway where u stay? Me in jurong, but the police over my side very onz le, every time see they got road block.. hahaha

Radon39 said:
"...Actually, its not "ALL doctors driving blue BM coupes are infidels and deviants and should be shut out from society"... Its "ALL YOUNG doctors driving nice cars are show-off. These cars are reserved for doctors that have arrived, not for us". One doc once told me driving a BMW is "showing off". Some think it is "inappropriate". Some say they have "simple tastes" so they dont drive BMWs. Ok, i am sorry for that. .."

Excuse me....doctors shud be driving VOLVOS!!! safe, sturdy and bloody tanks :) :)

As to ur comments on being yes-man...hey, u gotta start somewhere, and when u become Snr consultants...save and pray that u will rem how u were treated and ACTUALLY offer to listen to ur juniors...cos most Snr cons I noe behave like God...kns...I have no respect for those kinds of clowns...I believe that ALL oru blood is red...

nuff...end of OT!!! See ya tonite..TZY will be der :) :)

Hey bro,

Volvos? You meant the buses? :laughlik:

You are right. I wont become that kind of snr consultants who think there are indispensable, who talk as if they know all in this world, and basically think they own the hospital - saunter in as and when they like, saunter out, depending on their whims and fancies....

And sorry dude, I cant make it tonight leh cos we got department informal farewell dinner.... maybe catch you all for kopi?

:)

Arsony said:
It does not just bark.... it bites!!! OUch!!!

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT bitten.... yet...

Of course you are. Always bitten, not by bitches, but by kittens.

Arsony said:
ALL vandalisers are idiots and evil.
ALL vandalisees are victims and should be given upmost attention
ALL police officers are useless and stupid and lazy and dont deserve their pay
ALL doctors driving blue BM coupes are infidels and deviants and should be shut out from society

To the authorities, should it not be read as:

"All vandals are merely idiots and evil, unless the cars are plated QX. Then the vandals are defiant and hostile - actions needed to be taken to eradicate these social ills."

"All victims should should be given utmost attention by the community. However, in cases where any action or measure could not resolve the issue, just flip the bureaucratic whip and go through the motion with them. We don't really give a shit."

"ALL police officers are useless and stupid and lazy and dont deserve their pay. We know. But then so are the rest of civil servants."

"ALL BMW drivers are show-boats. They are infidels and deviants and should be shut out from society. So we slapped them with road taxes and ERP charges. And then we nap them with these cameras."

SMYUEN,

"What do I do? Sell my car and drive a toyota or nissan so as to please the folks? "

Well... you cant make everybody happy. I think despite Singapore being depicted as a modern global city, our mindset is still very much closed up. I think I have said before that we have a long way to go in term of social maturity. We still have a big problem dealing with our own insecurities I mean...

-cannot lose face
-see other people drive nice car , we not happy... go scratch it, go steal the spoiler ... like it's gonna give us some gain by doing so.
-cannot anyhow be told what to do
-everyone else must in general concur to mainstream thinking
-"why you very special is it?" - so cannot be different. Everything and everyone must toe the line or else the rest of us dont know how to handle this difference....

sucky attitude man... I'm on the verge of being a quitter if you know what I mean... cos I cant stand it .....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT sucky...

Arsony said:
SMYUEN,

"What do I do? Sell my car and drive a toyota or nissan so as to please the folks? "

Well... you cant make everybody happy. I think despite Singapore being depicted as a modern global city, our mindset is still very much closed up. I think I have said before that we have a long way to go in term of social maturity. We still have a big problem dealing with our own insecurities I mean...

-cannot lose face
-see other people drive nice car , we not happy... go scratch it, go steal the spoiler ... like it's gonna give us some gain by doing so.
-cannot anyhow be told what to do
-everyone else must in general concur to mainstream thinking
-"why you very special is it?" - so cannot be different. Everything and everyone must toe the line or else the rest of us dont know how to handle this difference....

sucky attitude man... I'm on the verge of being a quitter if you know what I mean... cos I cant stand it .....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT sucky...

My dear bro,

I fully understand what you are talking about. Its a no win situation. Quit? go where? No matter what our home is here isnt it?

Actually, its the attitude of the older generation that sometimes need some re-synchronisation - they are just out of pace and out of tune with the younger generations. Many times, it is a "when I was your age, I had to walk to school" kind of thing. What can you say?

I am tired of all this too.. but just got to keep the grinding going. And try to be happy. And count one's blessings.

You know my car got whacked at the sides while parked next to a fellow medical colleague? nothing to say...

I get an "medical administrator" in an M3 roaring past me when the red light was on just to get one car ahead of me, squeezing in between the curb and a bus and risking collision? And piercing my ears in the process??? You sometimes wonder what goes on in people's minds. Is it a sin to drive a cabrio without its roof?

:roll:

Radon39,

"Excuse me....doctors shud be driving VOLVOS!!! safe, sturdy and bloody tanks "

You betcha their tanks. That's why they dont MOVE so well. But the newer ones are quite a looker ya know! Just saw this kitted S40 the other day.....sweet!

See ya tonight ya... and dont rip off my Hamann kit. I very docile one... will give it to you to prevent being hurt!!! heh heh

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT docile...

Radon39,

Ok ler... why? Tonight raining so difficult to rip off my kit in the rain is it! Rascals!

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT a rascal...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back