Roof Spoiler Stolen

e46sg said:
HI All,

I do not know how the conversation ended up like that. Sometimes it better to into the depth of statements that to jump to surface discussions.

I rest my case. I know what i meant, thats enough.

Happy posting. :twisted:

Haha.. dont worry lah dude. We are just chatting among ourselves since we ended up on an intersting topic..

honestly, I really sympathise with you and I hate it that so little can be done, But, guess just got to keep cool bro!

:thumbsup:

e46sg said:
I do not know how the conversation ended up like that. Sometimes it better to into the depth of statements that to jump to surface discussions. I rest my case. I know what i meant, thats enough. Happy posting.

Hey Bro, chill. Trust me, many of us do sympathise with you. Sorry for OT-ing along the way. Hard habit to break......

Anyhow, nice to meet you yesterday. Nice ride. What's your next mod?

e46sg, denden

Hey rilek la abang, I know how you feel about your loss. I'm just trying to moderate things here a bit. Cannot be the boys in blue wrong all the time right?

My previous non-Bimmer coupe had it's windows smashed and both doors banged in beyond recognition until i cannot open the doors. Have to go in thru the window. All because some guy thought that I'm dating his fren's ex-gf. Can you imagine that?

And because it's an act of mischief that had no witness and i know nothing of why it happened, I could not get any recourse from the Police and the insurance company. So hey.... I understand the TRUE meaning of at a loss....

Chill.... I may sound like an asshole but you have to meet me in true person to know that i'm damn bloody gentle, docile, innocent, peace loving and harmless doctor. "What was that? You want a day's MC.... sure Sir...I give you two days Sir.." That kinda guy ok. So chill....

I see you guys Sunday.... and we'll see what we can do about your roof spoiler... or rather the lack of it.

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT mischievous...

"ALL police officers are useless and stupid and lazy and dont deserve their pay. We know. But then so are the rest of civil servants."

Yah . They only know how to hide one corner and when you drive
pass, snap you on their new camera toy and charge you for speeding. 90km/h is a joke!

Last night there was an accident on PIE and I saw the EMAS recovery vehicle already at the scene, but I dun see any police around.

Just a few words/comments from me.

(1) SPF needs to improve on Victims care. Most complainants are victim of crimes whether minor or major. Officers need to improve on communication and victim care skills.

(2) Public expectation increases by huge margin over the past 10 yrs and most cases that used to be minor and not reported have started to surface over the past few years.

(3) Pay package for most officers are like $1100-$1500 before CPF and their min education level is only 3-6 Os level passes. No hospitalisation benefits at all unless the injuries sustained during course of duty. You need to buy your own personal insurance unlike other countries uniform forces. Does it sounds attractive to attract good pple to join?

(4) Huge amount of resources diverted to deter terrorism with no manpower increase. Annual budget as reported in the yearly budget given is peanut compare to what SAF is getting. Ministry of Finance wanted to reduce manpower costs by 9% over the next 3 yrs.

Civil services as a whole needs to improve and fast as the public will get more and more demanding. Retention benefits need to be there to retain good officers which in terms will train up and guide the next batch of newbies. Officers who is found wanting need to send for re-training and if thats fail, should be given the golden handshake etc..........

And by the way, I OT liao............... :shoot:

Cheers!
8)

Welbo,

Thanks very much for clearing up the air a little bit. I guess people complain so much about civil service being bad and all that but few ever realize the kind of shit they got for doing the things they do.

I guess being "forced" to work in the civil service for a couple of years is enough to teach me all that...

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT civil...

Arsony,

I guess pple felt there is a lot of injustice going around esp. when it comes to "Minor Offences" or Civil Suit matters. Being a victim, we know it is frustrating.............

Being in the Public sector for 8 yrs, I sense that Singaporean(we) in general are very fast and sharp in complaining but very stingy in giving compliments for good work done. We always believe that providing good services is "what you are being paid for" in the first place and forgot about the human side of the matter.

Pple are leaving the Public sectors in droves and we always wonder why? Everytime, I received a call from public regarding complain, they were threaten to write to the Press/MP/CP/Director etc........ They were also remind me that they pay my salaries and I am a servant and must serve them regardless whether the demand is realistic. I am almost numb to such conversation (I try not too).
I just hope pple have a bit more compassion and understanding when it comes to such matters. If this goes on, I wonder who in the right mind will want to work in the Public Sector in the near future.................... :thinking:

My wife has been encourging me to leave as she had seen those letters/e-mails that pple wrote in that I had to deal with. She say it is not worth it for the dough I bring in!!!! :screwedu:

Cheers!
I envy you that you managed to leave for good!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Actually, everytime I go back to Malaysia to renew my passport/identity card (or generally have to deal with Malaysian civil servants), I get reminded how efficient the civil service here in Singapore is.

Like last time I had to go to the Malacca police station to make a police report after my car kena langgar by a Proton, the overweight traffic police officer was so slow in typing with one finger by one finger, I offerred and typed out my own police report. He later on said that why my report so long one. Kekekeke.

Like Shaun would say, don't be so quick to criticise. The only thing I wish is that the Singapore civil servants would smile a bit more. :)

in short, (with no reference to the unfortunate incident of the stolen spoiler) Singaporeans are complain kings. Period. They expect the most, while reciprocating the least.

its this kind of CB attitude that makes me embarassed to be a singaporean. (while not forgetting the other attributes that make me proud, like the outpouring of financial assistance to the nicoll highway ppl, and all the help in trying to find the missing girl)

Reply from a police officer. This came in after lunch, from one of my uniformed friend. Not in response to what we have discussed here, but nevertheless relevant.

1. Policeman needs to eat & drink.

2. Policeman proceeds to cases in a patrol car, not by means of flying
or by supernatural forces.

3. Policeman needs to *cough* look at girls *cough* lookout for potential offenders and suspicious characters.

4. Policeman too, needs to go to the toilet sometimes.

5. Policeman is not a walking street directory.

6. Policeman will also feel tired at times.

7. Policeman cannot stop a dog from barking, unless he makes hotdog out of it.

8. Policeman are not security officers. Policeman cannot be there 24hrs to look after a bicycle.

9. Policeman do not work for the AA. Policeman cannot change tyre & jumpstart your vehicle.

10. Policeman's duty is to fight crime, not to lookout for some cute lost pets.

11. Policeman realises that there is no such thing as "A person sleeping at the void deck causing nuisance", as Policeman realises that a person cannot sleep and cause nuisance to other people at the same time unless he's sleepwalking.

12. Policeman will not give discounts or privileges to and neither fear offenders who identify themselves as lawyers, RC members/chairman or big shots in some press companies etc, simply because Policeman does not show favouritism and act in accordance to the powers given to him under the law.

13. Policeman is neither mechanically driven nor have any spider's instinct.

14. Policeman cannot arrest people for failing to pay taxi fare or people who scolded complainant's mother.

15. Policeman cannot go into a telephone booth, change into some super hero costume with funny red underwear on the outside and proceed to scan for the culprit with his bionic x-ray vision in an attempt to locate and apprehend him.

Lastly & sometimes most importantly...

16. Policeman also pay income tax.

Welbo said:
Everytime, I received a call from public regarding complain, they were threaten to write to the Press/MP/CP/Director etc........ They were also remind me that they pay my salaries and I am a servant and must serve them regardless whether the demand is realistic. I am almost numb to such conversation (I try not too).
I just hope pple have a bit more compassion and understanding when it comes to such matters. If this goes on, I wonder who in the right mind will want to work in the Public Sector in the near future.................... :thinking:

Welbo, there are civil servants and there are civil servants so I also hope people dun juz stereotype us. Sometimes I also get a member of public saying he pays tax for me to be where I am and I juz reply I pay tax too.

We need the police so u hang in there hor :thumbsup:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back