RPM Tunning

Westwwood

Hi Bros,
Do you all have experience with slight vibration on the car seat when the car is idling? PML has changed the engine and gear box mounting but the problem not solved. They say its the characteristic of the N40 engine. Any bro tried tuning up the Rpm from 760 to 800 to solved this problem? This is what the technical manager Cheong advised. The petrol consumption definitely will increased but don't know whether it will solve the vibration problem. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Re: RPM Tunning

If possible let any of our sponsored workshop for a quick check, PML fella will let you know every fault is normal one to clean their ass.

Westwwood;1095467 said:
Hi Bros,
Do you all have experience with slight vibration on the car seat when the car is idling? PML has changed the engine and gear box mounting but the problem not solved. They say its the characteristic of the N40 engine. Any bro tried tuning up the Rpm from 760 to 800 to solved this problem? This is what the technical manager Cheong advised. The petrol consumption definitely will increased but don't know whether it will solve the vibration problem. Thanks for the advice in advance.

How old is your ride? Anyway, my previous E60 had the same issue and its ok to tune up the RPM. Fuel consumption will go up but negligible. Just that every time when you go for servicing and done some resetting, the RPM may go back to low again. Just have to ask the tuner to tune up the RPM again.

Tweaking the rpm up slightly is ok ...... A quick and easy job.

Did they look at the how your spark plug / coils are performing ?

Viper Warrior;1095523 said:
How old is your ride? Anyway, my previous E60 had the same issue and its ok to tune up the RPM. Fuel consumption will go up but negligible. Just that every time when you go for servicing and done some resetting, the RPM may go back to low again. Just have to ask the tuner to tune up the RPM again.

Hi my ride is 2 1/2 year old mileage @ 65000km. What is the rpm you tune to?

Codewerx;1095526 said:
Tweaking the rpm up slightly is ok ...... A quick and easy job.

Did they look at the how your spark plug / coils are performing ?

Hi spark plug change new and PML clean up the coil too. They are at their wits end and got no ideal what to do next except tuning up the rpm.

Westwwood;1095528 said:
Hi spark plug change new and PML clean up the coil too. They are at their wits end and got no ideal what to do next except tuning up the rpm.

Curious - Does it vibrate aircon on vs off ?

Westwwood;1095527 said:
Hi my ride is 2 1/2 year old mileage @ 65000km. What is the rpm you tune to?

Tune up to about 800RPM. My E60 was 7.5 years old but yours is still pretty new so doesn't sound right.

Codewerx;1095533 said:

Vibrate with air con on. Said it's the characteristics of the n40 engine when the air con cut in.

Codewerx;1095533 said:

Dear Codewerx,

I have the same problem on my n20 520. its only 2K mileage. Went to PML today and the tech told me n20 4 cyl engine w direct injection, tends to produce such vibration since its a higher compression engine......

the vibration is not continuous, and has no frequency nor pattern. just some slight "shiver" that is not felt on the steering, but on your back and seat.... and yes, with Aircon on.

Please advise what to ask PML to check..... TIA.

Will send you a PM .....

humpitydumpity;1095563 said:
Dear Codewerx,

I have the same problem on my n20 520. its only 2K mileage. Went to PML today and the tech told me n20 4 cyl engine w direct injection, tends to produce such vibration since its a higher compression engine......

the vibration is not continuous, and has no frequency nor pattern. just some slight "shiver" that is not felt on the steering, but on your back and seat.... and yes, with Aircon on.

Please advise what to ask PML to check..... TIA.

Codewerx;1095566 said:
Will send you a PM .....

Dear codewerx
This is what I experience with my car too. Can also send me a pm on what to check too. Thanks

i have the same prob. f10 520i - no drop or fiddling in rpm needle. steering no vibrate but can feel the vibrate from the seats. if drive like pussy slow and steady the effect is not so noticeable. turn on sport mode, the effect is even lesser to almost none.

I have the same problem too. My F10 is 2+ years with mileage of about 97k km. PML has replaced the engine mountings for me 2 weeks ago. But i still feel the "shiver"......

Westwwood;1095573 said:
Dear codewerx
This is what I experience with my car too. Can also send me a pm on what to check too. Thanks

What's your ride ? N40 engine is a quite a classic .....

For one thing - in general - Inline 4 engines have a secondary imbalance (layout and firing order etc) - especially for the smaller capacity engines.........causes some vibrations during idle.

This is assuming the vibrations are not caused by other problems like bad plug or coils etc for newer rides.

Let's do a tally to see which model/engine/owner has this same problem....:

1. HumpityDumpity - N20 520i, idling RPM 850, mileage 2K, nothing changed since PML says its normal
2. Westwwood -
3. wt_know -
4. WengSoon -

Codewerx;1095594 said:
For one thing - in general - Inline 4 engines have a secondary imbalance (layout and firing order etc) - especially for the smaller capacity engines.........causes some vibrations during idle.

This is assuming the vibrations are not caused by other problems like bad plug or coils etc for newer rides.

That's good to know! I moved from a 6cyl E60 to a 4cyl F30 and do feel some mild vibration in the F30 - but not so bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back