Running Costs between 325 and 335?

Pinky

Hi Bros,

How stark is the difference between these 2 cars?
In terms of fuel and servicing etc?
I was told the 325 can give about 8km/l whereas the 335 drinks about 5km/l.
Also in terms of wear and tear, I know the 335 is TCed so lots more to replace etc.
Would really appreciate if the bros who own the 335 could share a bit more so that I can have a better picture. Thanks!

Re: Running Costs between 325 and 335?

my consumption is usually 8-8.3km/l (my milage at 18k). Of course, i am still running stock. the weak point of the 335 is the oil temperature...

I do alot of city driving with 335. Will still get at least 7km/litre. So I dunno who gets 5km/litre. Must be literally on sports mode or whack mode all the time.

A 325 prolly juz doing 8 plus km/litre at best with my kind of city driving.

Bimmers never known to be frugal unless 320 or 318. Your driving style and how much city/highway driving also matters.

As for replacement parts, the 335 fuel pump is prone to failure. That is $1k plus job if not under warranty claim. Owise, nothing much to it. But then most 335 owners wld have car for 3 yr odd at most. So too early to talk abt normal wear and tear replacement costs.

FC/Servicing are not prime issues if you address your needs first. They are two very different cars addressing different needs.

Put it this way, if you pick the 335, you might not regret seeing a 325 on the road, thinking that the 325 has lower FC and servicing costs and.......

If you pick the 325, when you see a 335 on the road, you will not be glad that you have enjoy lower FC and servicing costs and..... and very likely your heart (or mind) would say, "I should have gotten that car instead."

kenntona;549855 said:
FC/Servicing are not prime issues if you address your needs first. They are two very different cars addressing different needs.

Put it this way, if you pick the 335, you might not regret seeing a 325 on the road, thinking that the 325 has lower FC and servicing costs and.......

If you pick the 325, when you see a 335 on the road, you will not be glad that you have enjoy lower FC and servicing costs and..... and very likely your heart (or mind) would say, "I should have gotten that car instead."

+1

if can afford 335i but buy 325i instead, sure regret. robot say one

Pinky, I propose u buy 335; if not happy I swap my 325 with u at bro to bro price, swee bo?

Bros,

Thanks for all the feedback.
Looks like the feedback is quite positive.
The pricing for both cars (2nd hand) are quite competitive, bearing in mind most of the 335s come with alot more options.Just want to make sure that if I decide to stretch for a 335, the maintenance is not going to kill me in the long run.:angry:

Cheers and have a good weekend!

Pinky;549945 said:
Bros,

Thanks for all the feedback.
Looks like the feedback is quite positive.
The pricing for both cars (2nd hand) are quite competitive, bearing in mind most of the 335s come with alot more options.Just want to make sure that if I decide to stretch for a 335, the maintenance is not going to kill me in the long run.:angry:

Cheers and have a good weekend!
335 in stock form is already very good for sg roads...

Go with 335...99% wont regret one...

get 325 sure go mod here and there down the road..335 no need to mod already..save the time n hassle...

there will always be temptations to mod. be it exterior or the engine.

Slater;550237 said:
there will always be temptations to mod. be it exterior or the engine.

man..damn..true...no matter how heart pain each time wallet dwindles after each mod..haiz

whymehor;550229 said:
get 325 sure go mod here and there down the road..335 no need to mod already..save the time n hassle...

hee hee
are you sure???

Pinky;549777 said:
Hi Bros,

How stark is the difference between these 2 cars?
In terms of fuel and servicing etc?
I was told the 325 can give about 8km/l whereas the 335 drinks about 5km/l.
Also in terms of wear and tear, I know the 335 is TCed so lots more to replace etc.
Would really appreciate if the bros who own the 335 could share a bit more so that I can have a better picture. Thanks!

If budget allows, then get the 335i...

Some did some juicing (ECU remapped) and obtained torque increased as high as 620Nm from 400Nm (1500rpm to 5000 rpm). I don't have the details BUT I believed it can be done easily.

0-100km/h in 4.2s etc etc

Go youtube and search for "335 JB3" and see all the shots, :drool:

The best is drive your car stock, 325 or 335. Why mod for what? Wait warranty void. the cars are made to drive that way.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaibk8codes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back