Running Costs between 325 and 335?

Re: Running Costs between 325 and 335?

stevenwu;551507 said:
If budget allows, then get the 335i...

Some did some juicing (ECU remapped) and obtained torque increased as high as 620Nm from 400Nm (1500rpm to 5000 rpm). I don't have the details BUT I believed it can be done easily.

0-100km/h in 4.2s etc etc

Go youtube and search for "335 JB3" and see all the shots, :drool:

4.2 secs? sure or not?

A Juiced 335 on map 3 drives much smoother then stock!

I no balls go map 5. :nutkick:

Go for the 335 if budget allows. Get the 325 and you will still be asking yourself the same question for the next few years.

Hmm.... Don't think running cost will be alot more. Maybe a little more engine oil, petrol consumption, higher insurance, tyre wear, speeding fines, engine wear, brake pad wear, :fineprin:

Last edited by a moderator:

slight OT, i've been seeing a lot of mention of JB3... any idea which workshop in singapore does this?

sapience;556413 said:
slight OT, i've been seeing a lot of mention of JB3... any idea which workshop in singapore does this?

Boss Motorsports.

ktnpl;550240 said:
Mine is still stock after 1 year :)

sorry what do u mean by "still stock"? BTW i am getting only 7km/L for my 5 mnth old e92 323i...is this normal?

Will an ECU remap help? and will it void the warranty? Thks

Nightwind;556457 said:
sorry what do u mean by "still stock"? BTW i am getting only 7km/L for my 5 mnth old e92 323i...is this normal?

depends on ur driving. whether is city or more highway driving. but 7km/L is very possible. bros here report about 8km/L for your model

well i do mostly city and residential driving....dont get chance to spend alot of time on highway.

This is so sad....i like my e92 but spend alot of time at idle or around 50-90kph....and i dont dare to drive it up north....:verysad:

Nightwind;556603 said:
well i do mostly city and residential driving....dont get chance to spend alot of time on highway.

This is so sad....i like my e92 but spend alot of time at idle or around 50-90kph....and i dont dare to drive it up north....:verysad:
dun think so much about fuel la. just whack the car and enjoy

Nightwind;556603 said:

Same situation as me.
Next month worse. See YOG vehicles must give way.:shoot:

Slater;556638 said:
dun think so much about fuel la. just whack the car and enjoy

Its not the fuel consumption itself. On our sinkapoor roads you just cant go fast for extended periods. Our "Express High ways" during daylight hours have average speed of 70kph. With the traffic congestion u just cant go any faster safely. Unless u drive at 3-4am in the morn....

Just last week a Maserati overtook me on CTE....could hear the roar of the engine.....then we hit a flooded section, fallen trees and i cruised by the Maserati......so sad

Now sinkapoor PAP answer to road congestion is to turn peesai land into one big ERP gantry..

and we cant also drive to Malaysia without fear of being car-jacked....so at the end of the day i am kinda glad i did not get a 335i....really pointless...

C3P0;556685 said:
Same situation as me.
Next month worse. See YOG vehicles must give way.:shoot:

Here in sinkapoor on 500 sqkm of congested roads with all good exits blocked by erp gantries, where there is traffic light every 20 meters, and buslanes cover 1/3 of the roads....where taxis outnumber cars 2 to 1, and heavy vehicles r driven by foreign workers from third world countries with no traffic rules, we need to get a vehicle that can survive long idling periods, start stop every 20 meters, high humidity and oven like heat wave.

And the worst part is that although sinkapoor has the most expensive cars in the world (and also the worlds highest paid ministers), no one really owns a car here. All we really have is a 10 year leasing right to drive the vehicle untill the maturity of the COE.

"And the worst part is that although sinkapoor has the most expensive cars in the world (and also the worlds highest paid ministers), no one really owns a car here. All we really have is a 10 year leasing right to drive the vehicle untill the maturity of the COE."

+100

Nightwind;556457 said:

Stock means unmodded. Stock is best :D

I have picked up my 2nd 335. This time it is an E90. The delivery was late by about a month so PML loaned me an E90 325.

I didn't get very good FC on the E90 325. I only managed 6.7km/l believe it or not, city driving most of the time. Maybe a coupe does differently.

I would go for the 335. Even if I burn more fuel, I feel like it is burnt in the right way. The N55 is on mine. So I don't really know if I'll mod. Boss Motorsports said no JB3 for N55. Anyway still running in... sianz.

Switching from my former e46 (2.5litres) to present e92 (3litre N54), I realised the following while driving in Singapore's road.

Crising speed is only "something", BUT ease of overtaking is "everything". In split second, it is over without even need to drop to lower gear.

:)

Personally, I love "LOW END TORQUE", especially in city driving in Singapore:dance:

stevenwu;563097 said:
Switching from my former e46 (2.5litres) to present e92 (3litre N54), I realised the following while driving in Singapore's road.

Crising speed is only "something", BUT ease of overtaking is "everything". In split second, it is over without even need to drop to lower gear.

Personally, I love "LOW END TORQUE", especially in city driving in Singapore:dance:

1 more...closing up the front gap in split seconds to stop others from budging in! :nehnehhh:

Deadkookaburra;563104 said:
1 more...closing up the front gap in split seconds to stop others from budging in! :nehnehhh:

stevenwu;563097 said:

for me, the joy is staring at the neighbouring cars at the traffic light knowing you will see them in your rear mirror very soon.....:wavey:

wt_know;571805 said:
high torque FTW !!! ....

High torque = good? :hmmidont:

KNN I get wheel spin all the time. My rear tyres going botak soon and needs changing in another 3 to 4months:topicsuc:. Somemore 265/30/19 Goodyear got no size:mad:. Now I running Yokohama at the rear and goodyear in front, farking car sometimes :woottt:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaibk8codes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back