Schoolboy's Car Dreams - Name the top 3 brands

Re: Schoolboy's Car Dreams - Name the top 3 brands

TobyNik;269044 said:
When I was young, I lived in Upper Serangoon 5th Mile pardon me?pardon me?pardon me?pung and I always wanted a Datsun 120Y......

Anyone knows this thing?

hahah Toby you rock. Ive thrashed millions of those cars, really hard to kill

Definitely! The Datsun 120Y, the one which took most of Singapore and Malaysia to the roads. Which one did you like? The B110, 210 or 310?

In manual transmission guise, the 1171cc engine could muster 69 HP. I had 3 of these things, all of them B210 and 310. It was an excellent (for the price) rear wheel drive chassis, and the incredible boomy engine would not burst no matter what you put them through... 15 years of refinement is a helluva long time.

For 15 years thereabouts, the chassis and engine remained the same.

attachment.php

TripleM;269030 said:
When I was a kid, I didnt know the name Porsche, Lambo or Ferrari. Sorry I am from a small town so a bit behind in that aspect.

The only car that I really liked alot and wished to really own it was Ford TX3, a hatchback that has won Sumatra's SONY rally championship. Saw my senior student driving that car to school...drooling like mad. I still remember exactly how the car looks like, so vivid.
Thread brings up a lot of memories, here's the TX3 you so love ...
1246_4lo.jpg

Twice in my life I had this car doing street races (not in SG) and both times like nearly killed myself. But I didn't damage the car, it was not mine, but both times it was near. This car went like a bat outta hell esp the turbo version.

centurion;269192 said:
Definitely! The Datsun 120Y, the one which took most of Singapore and Malaysia to the roads. Which one did you like? The B110, 210 or 310?

In manual transmission guise, the 1171cc engine could muster 69 HP. I had 3 of these things, all of them B210 and 310. It was an excellent (for the price) rear wheel drive chassis, and the incredible boomy engine would not burst no matter what you put them through... 15 years of refinement is a helluva long time.

For 15 years thereabouts, the chassis and engine remained the same.

attachment.php
Hey Centurion

THanks Thanks, MAN!

Yeah yeah yeah, that's the one!!!!!

Woah!!!!!! Brings back so much memories about seeing them on the road when I was a kid.........

Geez, they RWD???

Cool! Didn't know that............

Our first Family car was a Used 70s Honda civic Hatch with 2 doors.....REally cool too! 2nd Gen Civic, I think? Fast li'l bugger, damn reliable too.

Thanks guys!

my dream car is a BMW 5 series E60 :cloud9:

Motorcycles were my first love. When I wasn't dreaming of the school nurse, this is what I would dream about. The green frame Ducati 750 supersports. Lust on 2 wheels ....

Ducati%20750%20Super%20Sport%201974.jpg

TobyNik;269314 said:
Hey Centurion

THanks Thanks, MAN!

Yeah yeah yeah, that's the one!!!!!

Woah!!!!!! Brings back so much memories about seeing them on the road when I was a kid.........

Geez, they RWD???

Cool! Didn't know that............

Our first Family car was a Used 70s Honda civic Hatch with 2 doors.....REally cool too! 2nd Gen Civic, I think? Fast li'l bugger, damn reliable too.

Thanks guys!
we had a gen 2 civic in the family too! 1238cc @ 63HP, 4 speed manual transmission. Wonderful 2 dial dash. What a GREAT CAR!!! Since I grabbed this from my memory, you now know that as a kid I didn't have a life. I was 8 years old when it came, we sold it off 2 years ago (2005), 30 year old car, for US$200 equivalent.

This car had front wheel drive and torsion bar rear. The rear suspension was not good over bad surfaces, but the engine, WOW, I had more fun in it that any bloody car I'm driving today. Totally spartan spec, it was one of the greatest Hondas I driven.

1103618518GoodOne.jpg

centurion;269198 said:
Thread brings up a lot of memories, here's the TX3 you so love ...
1246_4lo.jpg

Twice in my life I had this car doing street races (not in SG) and both times like nearly killed myself. But I didn't damage the car, it was not mine, but both times it was near. This car went like a bat outta hell esp the turbo version.

Not that one but this one
the AWD Turbo version..

oh, those Tx3 turbo's were and still are good cars, still highly sort after. The driveline also fits the capri, nice mod.

centurion;269369 said:
we had a gen 2 civic in the family too! 1238cc @ 63HP, 4 speed manual transmission. Wonderful 2 dial dash. What a GREAT CAR!!! Since I grabbed this from my memory, you now know that as a kid I didn't have a life. I was 8 years old when it came, we sold it off 2 years ago (2005), 30 year old car, for US$200 equivalent.

This car had front wheel drive and torsion bar rear. The rear suspension was not good over bad surfaces, but the engine, WOW, I had more fun in it that any bloody car I'm driving today. Totally spartan spec, it was one of the greatest Hondas I driven.

1103618518GoodOne.jpg

Hell, Yeah! That's the one! hahaha!

I was 7 when it came but dad traded it in for a Brand New 82 Accord after 3 years.....

Was too young to drive the Civic (Obviously) but remembered dad always telling me about it being a FWD but with superb handling at that time in it's class........

We had the Civic in Silver and the Accord became my first ride when I finally got my licence when I was 20...............

Thanks!

looking at you guys talk with such nostalgia makes me wish i was older.Then i could start talking about the cars in the 70/80s. hmm guess thats only happen in another 20 years time. For now im contented with lusting over the likes of bmws,hondas and the heavenly ferrari. i have a thing for naturally aspirated cars.:)

was very much bitten by the ferrari bug when i was a boy ....still remember the days of Magnum PI n Miami Vice....

tom selleck's red 308/328 GTS ... n sonny coCketts' black 365 GTB Daytona spyder n later his infamous White Testarossa !!! major droooooool..... :yummie: :yummie: :yummie:
who can forget KITT... ha :lol2:

those were the days....

I was in love when i first saw and heard the Ferrari. I even had ferrari exhaust note as my ringtone for a period of time. :)

Top 3 brands definitely are Ferrari, Lamborghini and Pagani.

Used to draw generic block cars cept sometimes they have the whole rear bumper width full of exhaust pipes.. somehow equated that with power. Forgot about cars for the next 13 years..didn't know a thing about them despite dad being into multiple mini cooper S, alfa romeos, bmw 2002s and making a few attempts to get me interested along the way. He gave up sports cars around 1994 for the kids and because of company rules on cars they paid majority for (image with guests)

FWIW though, first dream car was just 6 years ago or so F360 CS, shortly after Fong got me interested in cars. Since then that has dropped away and now I only dream of high power high downforce race / track cars .. jia lat. Most of it is because you can't responsibly use 30% of any sporty car's capability (including the cheap ones) on the streets, and highways are for the skilless. I'd rather cruise to the tracks in luxury and then let loose. I'd take a Lotus Exige or Radical as a compromise though.. struggle to the track, then enjoy.

Shaun;270476 said:
Used to draw generic block cars cept sometimes they have the whole rear bumper width full of exhaust pipes.. somehow equated that with power. Forgot about cars for the next 13 years..didn't know a thing about them despite dad being into multiple mini cooper S, alfa romeos, bmw 2002s and making a few attempts to get me interested along the way. He gave up sports cars around 1994 for the kids and because of company rules on cars they paid majority for (image with guests)

FWIW though, first dream car was just 6 years ago or so F360 CS, shortly after Fong got me interested in cars. Since then that has dropped away and now I only dream of high power high downforce race / track cars .. jia lat. Most of it is because you can't responsibly use 30% of any sporty car's capability (including the cheap ones) on the streets, and highways are for the skilless. I'd rather cruise to the tracks in luxury and then let loose. I'd take a Lotus Exige or Radical as a compromise though.. struggle to the track, then enjoy.
you don't really like cars huh? You just like the racing. And the engineering. But not the cars.

i think these cars stuck in my head:

F40
countach
porsche 959 (at that time i din know what that was)
esprit lotus
lancia stratos/delta

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66press
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back