Seeking used BMW 523i Rims & Tyres

Mervyn

Hey Guys,

Anyone selling BMW used rims and tyres? Preferably 17 or 18"
i am thinking of changing mine to enhance the look of my vehicle.

I have attached some of the rims i am looking at.

Any sellers or recommended workshops that may have the stock?

Many Thanks :)

Re: Seeking used BMW 523i Rims & Tyres

I'm looking for rims too. I'm looking at some used rims with tire. Recently I went to lavender shop, they charge me $1700 with 4 rims and 4 new Korea tyres. I kinda feel worth it.

Mervyn;789770 said:
Hey Guys,

Anyone selling BMW used rims and tyres? Preferably 17 or 18"
i am thinking of changing mine to enhance the look of my vehicle.

I have attached some of the rims i am looking at.

Any sellers or recommended workshops that may have the stock?

Many Thanks :)

Morganlee3377;789778 said:
I'm looking for rims too. I'm looking at some used rims with tire. Recently I went to lavender shop, they charge me $1700 with 4 rims and 4 new Korea tyres. I kinda feel worth it.

How many inch are your rims?
I got an offer for $650 for 17" rims. The type of tyres seemed to play a part.

The $1700 package is 19inch. My OC just given me the green light to go ahead Liao. So planning after my servicing to get it done.

Mervyn;789780 said:
How many inch are your rims?
I got an offer for $650 for 17" rims. The type of tyres seemed to play a part.

Check out Top 93 one of the sponsors here. I've been told they have a wide selection at reasonable prices.

Either that or do what I do and chk the classified section of this and the m'sia forum every few hours and gin kar gin Chiu make the seller an offer he cannot refuse! :chinese:

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Morganlee3377;789781 said:
The $1700 package is 19inch. My OC just given me the green light to go ahead Liao. So planning after my servicing to get it done.

Good offer ..
Your OC ??

19" rims look good :thumbsup:

Can PM me the contact, so that i can try my luck .

Thanks

OC: MY WIFE! The shop at H tyre. They don't have much selection on used rims. happens that I like one of it. But let's say happen you see one you like is 19inch 5 spokes. Don't buy ah that belongs to me. Hehe

Mervyn;789783 said:
Good offer ..
Your OC ??

19" rims look good :thumbsup:

Can PM me the contact, so that i can try my luck .

Thanks

Morganlee3377;789786 said:
OC: MY WIFE! The shop at H tyre. They don't have much selection on used rims. happens that I like one of it. But let's say happen you see one you like is 19inch 5 spokes. Don't buy ah that belongs to me. Hehe

Wow.. OC is your wife!! haha..
No la.. Wont, a 19" Inch Rims is out of my budget after spending a fair bit to modify and service my vehicle.
So dont worry. I think for now a 17" or 18" will be good.
16" rims is OUT for sure.

Do ensure you check that the tyres conditions, becoz installation of tyres cost > than the rims itself.

Cheers

Yup will check for sure. Don't mind asking what you modifying?

Mervyn;789789 said:
Wow.. OC is your wife!! haha..
No la.. Wont, a 19" Inch Rims is out of my budget after spending a fair bit to modify and service my vehicle.
So dont worry. I think for now a 17" or 18" will be good.
16" rims is OUT for sure.

Do ensure you check that the tyres conditions, becoz installation of tyres cost > than the rims itself.

Cheers

Morganlee3377;789791 said:
Yup will check for sure. Don't mind asking what you modifying?

No probs:
- Re-spraying a new color
- Change of rims from 16" to 17 or 18"
- Changing headlamp to White LED Angel Light

Some minor modifications lah..

I just change my front hid to white. Sg$100 done in JB.

Mervyn;789793 said:
No probs:
- Re-spraying a new color
- Change of rims from 16" to 17 or 18"
- Changing headlamp to White LED Angel Light

Some minor modifications lah..

Decaf;789782 said:
Check out Top 93 one of the sponsors here. I've been told they have a wide selection at reasonable prices.

Either that or do what I do and chk the classified section of this and the m'sia forum every few hours and gin kar gin Chiu make the seller an offer he cannot refuse! :chinese:

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Thanks, i am keeping Top93 in mind, also recommended by other seasoned "lau jiao" in the forum. But i called up but they say have to go down and take a look. Not sure of the range in prices thou.

Thanks for your respones :)

Sure man. One of those days I will visit top93 too. Cheers

Mervyn;789795 said:
Thanks, i am keeping Top93 in mind, also recommended by other seasoned "lau jiao" in the forum. But i called up but they say have to go down and take a look. Not sure of the range in prices thou.

Thanks for your respones :)

E60 is a huge car, u need 19"s to make it look good.
U need to consider the offset too, as e60's offset is quite aggressive, some rims, even if 19", will be sunken in.

So u need to get rims of offset 20. The smaller the offset, the more it will push the rims out.
Best will be 18, but not many rims have that offset.

If u already have bought rims that is sunken in, to get the flushed look with your fenders, u either change rims or put spacers.
Putting spacers is a no no for many forummers, so the best is to shop around and make sure the offset and rim size is exactly what u want. Don't be tempted or pressured to buy it quickly. shop until u are really sure.

dash;789803 said:
E60 is a huge car, u need 19"s to make it look good.
U need to consider the offset too, as e60's offset is quite aggressive, some rims, even if 19", will be sunken in.

So u need to get rims of offset 20. The smaller the offset, the more it will push the rims out.
Best will be 18, but not many rims have that offset.

If u already have bought rims that is sunken in, to get the flushed look with your fenders, u either change rims or put spacers.
Putting spacers is a no no for many forummers, so the best is to shop around and make sure the offset and rim size is exactly what u want. Don't be tempted or pressured to buy it quickly. shop until u are really sure.

Thanks for the quality advice.

Still shopping around. At the end of the day, i am looking for rims that fit well to my vehicle outlook. Not going to be too extravangant on rims.

Thumbs Up

Breytons have nice designs for BMW.
But unfortunately the offset of most Breytons are 37, hence it's more suited to 3ers and Z series.
Those Breytons that u see fixed on 5, 6 or 7 series, all install spacers to attain the flushed look.

Happy shopping.

Thanks for the great advise... Will slowly search for something suitable. :)

dash;789808 said:
Breytons have nice designs for BMW.
But unfortunately the offset of most Breytons are 37, hence it's more suited to 3ers and Z series.
Those Breytons that u see fixed on 5, 6 or 7 series, all install spacers to attain the flushed look.

Happy shopping.

hi guys. may I ask what drawbacks are there to having spacers installed?

Garylin;789917 said:
hi guys. may I ask what drawbacks are there to having spacers installed?

I am not a technical expert in car mechanics, but one of my rear wheel bearing was worn and replaced last year or so. Out of curiosity, I asked the mechanic what would be the possible cause for prematured wear and tear to wheel bearings.

Looking at the spacers installed (by previous owner), I was told that the spacers might be te culprit for my instance. The load of the vehicle is been transferred directly to the road surface via the wheels, spacers installed could alter the load distribution.

I think that makes some sense to me. Any experts here care to verify? :)

Hi

Do u guys still use run flat tyres after changing ur rims? Or even after the tires wear out which is provided by pml?

Btw any bro here have idea if I change to 18" or 19" on my f10 520, how jiat lat will my fc be affected?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back