Seeking used BMW 523i Rims & Tyres

F10 must be at least 20". Turbo has plenty of torque. Don't waste time with smaller rims. Form flow rims are as light and comfortable as 18" with run flats. FC should not be much difference.

Forge rims would be much lighter.

Re: Seeking used BMW 523i Rims & Tyres

st8800;790600 said:
F10 must be at least 20". Turbo has plenty of torque. Don't waste time with smaller rims. Form flow rims are as light and comfortable as 18" with run flats. FC should not be much difference.

Forge rims would be much lighter.

hi

sorry newbie here.

wats u mean by Form flow rims and forge rims?

btw normal bro here change rim also still use run flat? but i was told run flat cost much more then non run flat. so if tyre puncture, call tow truck cost less then #100...more worth it right?

rt333;790489 said:
Hi

Do u guys still use run flat tyres after changing ur rims? Or even after the tires wear out which is provided by pml?

Btw any bro here have idea if I change to 18" or 19" on my f10 520, how jiat lat will my fc be affected?

Thanks!

I have changed my 20" rim at Top93, the boss very nice guy. So far i have no problem with my rims. No more run flat tyres after i changed my rim..... :wavey:

17in is too small for 5-er. 19 in is too expensive to replace tyres. In between 18 in. I just replaced mine today. Bridgestone 245/40 R18 RE050A Runflat. $1180 for two. I like the peace-of-mine of RF. Twice, when iDrive warned me of loss of pressure, I could continue with my appointments. Then go tyre shop a few hours later when I am free.

Hi Mervyn,

I am selling my set of 19" Breyton GTS Gloss Black. However they don't come with tyres. Are you interested? :D

rt333;791030 said:
hi

sorry newbie here.

wats u mean by Form flow rims and forge rims?

btw normal bro here change rim also still use run flat? but i was told run flat cost much more then non run flat. so if tyre puncture, call tow truck cost less then #100...more worth it right?

Form flow is hybrid of forge and cast iron rims. Lighter than normal cast iron rims but heavier than forge rims. Price is still much cheaper than forge and not much more than cast iron.

Run flats not required in singapore as we can call tow truck to come in less than 45 mins. Important only if u are in places like M'sia. They are also loud and hard. Not very comfy. 18" are ok but looks small in a F10. Stock 18" weigh similar to form flow rims.

Me first day collect car straightaway change to 20. Cos my friend who changed to 19 regretted and has to sell off his 19 and go for 20. I noticed the comfort of 20 inch still better than run flat 17. Runflat is like running on wooden wheels cowboy time.

Mervyn;789805 said:
Thanks for the quality advice.

Still shopping around. At the end of the day, i am looking for rims that fit well to my vehicle outlook. Not going to be too extravangant on rims.

Thumbs Up
Bro, if budget is a factor... go for the used replica AC Type IV or replica Breyton GTS rims.. sure look good on the E60. 18" minimum.. or else, no use spending the money to change rims.. tyres not too expensive for 18" too.. abt $200++ per tyre new

Try not to go for used tyres, tyres are the one seperating the road and you, safety is a main concern. our E60 is a heavy car.. cheaper made tyres wear off faster, so u need to change more often..

Juz my 2 cents worth:)

mel7711;798215 said:
Bro, if budget is a factor... go for the used replica AC Type IV or replica Breyton GTS rims.. sure look good on the E60. 18" minimum.. or else, no use spending the money to change rims.. tyres not too expensive for 18" too.. abt $200++ per tyre new

Try not to go for used tyres, tyres are the one seperating the road and you, safety is a main concern. our E60 is a heavy car.. cheaper made tyres wear off faster, so u need to change more often..

Juz my 2 cents worth:)

Bro, I think good 18" tyres start at $300+

Last year I bought Bridgestone Re001 17" already $230+. just above average tyres

And prices keep going up.

That's why I stick with 18" for my new F10. You are right that tyres are very important, so I rather sacrifice on looks (actually 18" is still ok on the F10, but 17" is really too small), but I can change new tyres more often. 19" and bigger tyres are very expensive.

douggie;798634 said:
Bro, I think good 18" tyres start at $300+

Last year I bought Bridgestone Re001 17" already $230+. just above average tyres

And prices keep going up.

That's why I stick with 18" for my new F10. You are right that tyres are very important, so I rather sacrifice on looks (actually 18" is still ok on the F10, but 17" is really too small), but I can change new tyres more often. 19" and bigger tyres are very expensive.

E60 / F10.. U need min 18" for looks n handling.. hahaha... all sums up to personal preference..

Me on 19" staggered PS3 tyres.. tyres more exp than the rims

Cheers

Mervyn;789770 said:
Hey Guys,

Anyone selling BMW used rims and tyres? Preferably 17 or 18"
i am thinking of changing mine to enhance the look of my vehicle.

I have attached some of the rims i am looking at.

Any sellers or recommended workshops that may have the stock?

Many Thanks :)

Hi Mervyn, I am changing my 17 this friday. Similar to your first picture. U keen?

Just to share...gotten a set of pre- owned m5 rims at very good price from top93's Mr Yang last week. The m5 rims r not in tip top condition but I can live with that. Coupled the rims with a set of PSS. Enjoying the drive since. :)

TJX;801221 said:
Hi Mervyn, I am changing my 17 this friday. Similar to your first picture. U keen?

Hey bros,

Sorry for the late reply.
PM me how much you keen to let off?

Thanks

bimmerfan;793609 said:
Hi Mervyn,

I am selling my set of 19" Breyton GTS Gloss Black. However they don't come with tyres. Are you interested? :D

Hey bros,

Dont think so, consider me old fashion, i prefer to stick to a 17" or 18" max. Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Go Top93, Mr Yang should have a set of 17" for you. I traded in mine for a set of 19" and he was still saying that my RFT are still pretty new.

Hi I do have the rims you are looking for the 2nd picture you have posted . 17 inch ( 10/10 ) and using Run Flat Tyre ( 4/5 ) it was fitted on my 525i car which I just bought recently . I am willing to sell it if you are interested . Condition is super .

exile;805452 said:
Go Top93, Mr Yang should have a set of 17" for you. I traded in mine for a set of 19" and he was still saying that my RFT are still pretty new.

Hi , just want to know how much Mr.yang traded for your 17inch rims . I am also thinking of getting a 19 inch rim for my 525 . Please help with reply .
Thanks

Currently on E60.
Front 245
Back 275
Condition 9.9/10
Bought from top93 just 3 weeks ago...
$1999.99 Negotiable..
My Loss is your GAIN!!!
CAll 8383 3377now to get the best offer!

morganlee3377-albums-after-zhng-my-car-picture446-vertini-rims-top93-ubi.jpg

Mervyn;805398 said:
Hey bros,

Sorry for the late reply.
PM me how much you keen to let off?

Thanks

Sorry Bro. Already left it at Top93 last week.

Btw, i m thinking of installing a in car camera. Any good recommendation from any bro here?
Thanks very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18winclick
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back