Service experience at PML and general view on PML sales consultants services

DWFH

Hi all,

I just recently purchased/placed my order for a beamer with PML (Alexandra showroom).
I went down to the showroom twice - and I placed my order on my second visit.

Wonder if you guys would be open to share your experiences with PML and feedback on the quality of the customer service there.

Hear from you guys...

Re: Service experience at PML and general view on PML sales consultants services

Congrats on your purchase on the second visit!

DWFH;1083299 said:
Hi all,

I just recently purchased/placed my order for a beamer with PML (Alexandra showroom).
I went down to the showroom twice - and I placed my order on my second visit.

Wonder if you guys would be open to share your experiences with PML and feedback on the quality of the customer service there.

Hear from you guys...

Re: Service experience at PML and general view on PML sales consultants services

Congrats to your purchase.
Since you have already placed your order, there is no turnng back even though the service sucks.
Then again, it depends on who serve you. For me, my good SE has already left cos tan bo jia.
And I did meet one with the head held high when i was checking out the 535 GT on 2nd floor. Super stuck up. Dunno if it's becos i was in bermuda and slippers.

Juz do a search in the forum & u will find out.

or you can try alternative WS. but before you do that, give PML a try. dun always believe in hearsay

my experiences with PML car servicing quite good leh.
but people say depend on what model you drive.
but I think because I look adorable.
just ask them don't wash your car after service.

Welcome to the club.. which model did you purchase?

Hmm... seems like no major complaints on their service, which is gd. Then my friend must be an anomaly, cos his whole experience was like a game of tug-of-war...

So what happened was my friend booked a 435i early Dec 2013. Supposed 2 be able to collect early April, but he received news in Feb that there'd be a delay until June, and there was no explanation given. After a subsequent exchange of heated phone calls, they finally said that car would be ready mid Apr.
When friend collected car, 1 of the first things he did was to sticker the front bumper, but there were bubbles, so he brought back to the shop to re-do.

When the sticker was removed, the underlying paint came out, which was quite shocking cos default paint sealant shouldn't be so cui that it can be so easily torn.

View attachment 61131
Possible that it was the sticker shop's fault, but according 2 my friend, he's been there countless times 2 sticker his previous rides and no prob, so small likelihood. Friend suspected could be that PML didn't do a proper paint job, so contacted them regarding this, but they insisted that my friend must have done something 2 damage the paint. Again, it was a tug-of-war of phone calls to and fro. SE had a very nonchalant attitude.. there's once when i witnessed how, during a convo with my friend, the line cut-off and SE didn't even bother calling back. Regardless of who was really at fault, small things like these made the whole experience very unpleasant. No resolution offered.

in the meantime, problem still unresolved.. lol... my friend's driving his scarred 435 around while the matter has been raised to the GM..

ok..end of my cheong hei story...
if service depends on car model also not right ley... i get that 435 is not a supercar, but I think it warrants a higher level of service quality, regardless of whose fault it was.

as someone who is pretty fussed about aftersales service, friend is now sian-half, feels regretful and feels that should have gotten something from munich instead...lol.

Just do a search on previous feedback.

Can of worms.

This is just terrible ........

SLKtigress;1084049 said:
Hmm... seems like no major complaints on their service, which is gd. Then my friend must be an anomaly, cos his whole experience was like a game of tug-of-war...

So what happened was my friend booked a 435i early Dec 2013. Supposed 2 be able to collect early April, but he received news in Feb that there'd be a delay until June, and there was no explanation given. After a subsequent exchange of heated phone calls, they finally said that car would be ready mid Apr.
When friend collected car, 1 of the first things he did was to sticker the front bumper, but there were bubbles, so he brought back to the shop to re-do.

When the sticker was removed, the underlying paint came out, which was quite shocking cos default paint sealant shouldn't be so cui that it can be so easily torn.

View attachment 61131
Possible that it was the sticker shop's fault, but according 2 my friend, he's been there countless times 2 sticker his previous rides and no prob, so small likelihood. Friend suspected could be that PML didn't do a proper paint job, so contacted them regarding this, but they insisted that my friend must have done something 2 damage the paint. Again, it was a tug-of-war of phone calls to and fro. SE had a very nonchalant attitude.. there's once when i witnessed how, during a convo with my friend, the line cut-off and SE didn't even bother calling back. Regardless of who was really at fault, small things like these made the whole experience very unpleasant. No resolution offered.

in the meantime, problem still unresolved.. lol... my friend's driving his scarred 435 around while the matter has been raised to the GM..

ok..end of my cheong hei story...
if service depends on car model also not right ley... i get that 435 is not a supercar, but I think it warrants a higher level of service quality, regardless of whose fault it was.

as someone who is pretty fussed about aftersales service, friend is now sian-half, feels regretful and feels that should have gotten something from munich instead...lol.

Some stickers are not paint friendly. Just saying.

Just pay outside to touch up the bumper lor. $100 will do and half day job.
Y angry over such matters and make life so difficult?

By the way, i did my servicing at MA. And when i send in my car to other pml service ctr to do some repair, the SA warned me they can 'actually' void my warranty since I service 'outside'. I say i can produce the servicing receipt and the SA say nvm. Lol. My next servicing probably just do at pml ws.

Bukit timah branch offer fast lane servicing. Anyone tried?

ccc;1084074 said:
Just pay outside to touch up the bumper lor. $100 will do and half day job.
Y angry over such matters and make life so difficult?

True, true.. that's a given, anyway - if no solution offered, def will have to get it fixed at own expense.
But I guess I'm just irked at the quality of service. Onus is on them to assure me that the paint peeling is not a hint of a rushed paint job that had something to do with the delayed collection, which I feel I didn't get. Would have been better if they managed to allay our doubts.

I would say that I get better and premium service from other brand prior this.
after my first pml, I decided that it will be my last.

Please ....don't mix PML service with the Marque.

BMWs is to me still the ultimate driving machine ......

r2ditoo;1084083 said:
I would say that I get better and premium service from other brand prior this.
after my first pml, I decided that it will be my last.

SLKtigress;1084080 said:
True, true.. that's a given, anyway - if no solution offered, def will have to get it fixed at own expense.

Should sticker shop not pay for damages. Just saying. They seem to have botched the job, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

this thread is about PML's service . not abt the car.
The thread subject has already indicated it.

SLKtigress;1084080 said:
But I guess I'm just irked at the quality of service. Onus is on them to assure me that the paint peeling is not a hint of a rushed paint job that had something to do with the delayed collection, which I feel I didn't get. Would have been better if they managed to allay our doubts.
It all depends on how they handle and manage customer expectations. To be fair, i feel it is due to the lousy sticker job...just touch up and move on with the good drive! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88onlineclub
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back