Sharing my agony with a PI on 320 Conv

pennzoil

Here's a summary of event to share with you all;

Wife wanted a BMW Conv middle of 2008
I didn't want to spend more than SG$200K so opted for a PI 320 Conv @ 168K
Bought it through a PI shop along Bukit Timah Road in July 2008 (Paid 5k deposit)
Notified car arrived in mid-Dec 08 so we proceed to sell my wife's car to 3rd party
But later found out the interior colour and cruise control we opted but not there as in contract
We rejected the car altogether
Notified again 2 days later they have the car and colour we wanted but no cruise control
Salesman offer a discount and rebate but no amount specify
We rejected the car altogether
Saleman refer me to their "Boss" to resolved while he went on honeymoon leave
Boss no idea what was happening so i ended up repeating the whole episode
Told him on the phone i do not wish to proceed any more with the purchase
Asked for deposit refund but he claim COE under my wife's name purchase liao.
Today, 2 Jan 2009 still no car

What's my "legal" or "consumer" option?

Re: Sharing my agony with a PI on 320 Conv

I think if they have the specs that you want you cannot refuse to take delivery without forfeiting your deposit. Where the COE is concerned, you will have to offer to buy it from the PI since its registered under your wifey's name and I believe you have a year to register if i.e. find another car. If you are looking for a reliable PI who can probably offer you a better deal, PM me . I know of 2 of us in this forum who have used them :)

Markus said:
If you are looking for a reliable PI who can probably offer you a better deal, PM me . I know of 2 of us in this forum who have used them :)
More than 2, actually. Quite a few of us..........

Wah! Ask them to help sponsor this site and some of the activities then!

More often than not, such cases if referred to CASE it will drag freaking long time. U r surely not the 1st victim.
If u r willing to take it on them, get ur lawyers to send them letters and with all the paper documents you might just have chances to claim more than what u lost.
For example: After selling your old car, you got problems in terms of transportation (inconvenience) , stressed by the issue (insomnia), which indirectly affected ur work and u took couple of unpaid leaves (loss of income).
but of coz such claims need to substantiate with paper proof too...
Well, i beleieve they will not pay you back the deposit as your loan wasnt rejected and it was you that rejected the car.... but then again, car specs wasnt as agreed and if it is documented you got a case........
Just my 2 cents

I can let the 5k refund drag for months in order to get them back. Contract did specify options and delivery period which by now have lapse. What concern me is the COE Cat B which they claim to have bidded successfully at SG$13K+ which is under my wife's name. Although i have not seen the actual certificate, this will be the stumbling block to back-out unless i buy over the certificate.

Any lawyer to recommend to file my paperwork for claims would helps. My previous lawyer Geylang East office address is not going to add strength to this case and she is more interested in divorce case.

Maybe we can start a shame-list on these PI

Understand your grievance but seriously its just a cruise control option isn't it? Its not as if its that useful here although I do use it once in a while to save fuel.

Add to the fact that they offered a discount to you for missing out that option.

This PI isit at 6th Ave near the pasta fresca?

Just ask for a bigger discount for the convertible. Bcos your agreement didnt specific the options you wanted in black n white, you are at losing end. IMHO

Yeap, Pasta Fresco!

The agreement did specify the option and delivery dates. Have contacted LTA to check if indeed a COE was bidded successfully. Otherwise i will let this purchase lapse rather than push on to avoid future warranty and after-sales issues.

I will try my luck to proceed to CASE and get CASE in-house lawyer to send letters to the PI. PI could be afraid of being blacklist by CASE and refund to you the deposit. Otherwise get your lawyer.

In my opinion, i don't think it will be advisable to continue with the deal. Such happenings even before getting your car; you can expect more to come with regards to warranty claims, after sales services, etc, etc

Base on reasonableness, you should get back your deposit as the seller did not honour his part of the contract, i.e., delivering a car to you with the right specs. This is provided you have all the specs in black and white. Count yourself lucky the car hasn't been registered under your name, or it would have been more difficult for you...

For the COE, just buy it over from the PI. Did you say your budget was $200k? Go to PML and see whether they can offer you a 325i conv without COE at your budget... I believe you might just be able to get one. If you need recommendation on a good SE who can help you, please PM me, or any of the other bros.

Holy cow. Who is this sonofagun PI? Post their name here la.....screw them man. If it is me I will send my hiadees to smoke their shop.

Hublot;405059 said:
In my opinion, i don't think it will be advisable to continue with the deal. Such happenings even before getting your car; you can expect more to come with regards to warranty claims, after sales services, etc, etc

Agree with you...I wouldn't feel good driving a car that is a "compromise" of what I originally wanted...

If the refund is reasonable, I will take the car. It could be a mistake on the PI part, and the PI is likely to want to proceed with this sale since economy is not very good. Suggest you sit down again with the PI to negotiate. It's quite a hassle to drag over this cruise control feature, since the number of traffic jams are likely to increase and you will rarely get to cruise except going to JB or travelling from 11pm-6.30am on local expressways.

the problem with PI is not just that. you will be face with warranty problems, i remember the interior lining tore and it cost 2k just on parts to replace. luckily PML replace for free.

the latest was the radio LCD screen went blank, PML gave a free replacement and free rental car .

you can buy the car at lower rate, but like all mechanical , are bound to break down. who are you going to bang table . PML sucks on customer service but when you start banging table , magic happens

hi mate,

go thru ur documents (contracts) carefully, some written arrangements can/will be superceded by contract terms stupilated in all those fine prints.

but in e eye of law, all challenges in court (documented & verbal) will need to be very convincing and soothing to e judge for him/her to decide as wats e intention n who should be awarded with e claim(s). not forgetting e pi might turn ard n counter claim u for backing up!!! ur social background & personal credibility also play a very important role.

be it u've decided to go ahead wif ur purchase wif a great discount or drop e purchase in total, do remember to have all communication recorded (documentation, sms, fax, registered letter etc...)

hope tis helps......

cheers

pennzoil;405055 said:
Yeap, Pasta Fresco!

The agreement did specify the option and delivery dates. Have contacted LTA to check if indeed a COE was bidded successfully. Otherwise i will let this purchase lapse rather than push on to avoid future warranty and after-sales issues.

just my tots...
nego is always the best solution. since u know Boss is involved, get him 2 options back:
a) you take car, try to sell in market and diff will be pay up by Boss
you lose time, Boss lose money.
b) you take car, Boss must pay diff + some other benefit like free grooming from xxxx for 1yr etc...
you lose cruise contrl but got some extras, Boss lose small money, but got some face
c) you take back re-fund $5k, Boss re-sell car to other customer
If Boss ok, then Boss buy lunch to you, you write good comments in forum, to know a friend.
Tis will be win-win situation.

If Boss no agree to all, see him in court.

will ask lawyer friend for comments.

rac_wmb;405067 said:
If the refund is reasonable, I will take the car. It could be a mistake on the PI part, and the PI is likely to want to proceed with this sale since economy is not very good. Suggest you sit down again with the PI to negotiate. It's quite a hassle to drag over this cruise control feature, since the number of traffic jams are likely to increase and you will rarely get to cruise except going to JB or travelling from 11pm-6.30am on local expressways.

Hi RAC, cannot agree to yr comment,
buy beemer, most likely to go up north to "pump up the volume", so will also try out cruise feature if avail...pt is PI MUST follow to sell according to agreed spec, nothing less, unless its a case of buyer need urgent car, n PI only got car w/o cruise feature...

The best course of action really depends on pennzoil's time, energy and financial resources. Since he has decided to go for PI due to lower cost, then he should known what PIs are (in)famous for. You are probably right that cruise control is good for Malaysia highways, but I think it could be more dangerous now in view of deteriorating economy and more desperate people around. I recall reading some threads in this forum about people stealing petrol from BMW in Singapore. Even in Singapore, it is not safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U888ink
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back