Sharing my agony with a PI on 320 Conv

Re: Sharing my agony with a PI on 320 Conv

rac_wmb;405120 said:
The best course of action really depends on pennzoil's time, energy and financial resources. Since he has decided to go for PI due to lower cost, then he should known what PIs are (in)famous for. You are probably right that cruise control is good for Malaysia highways, but I think it could be more dangerous now in view of deteriorating economy and more desperate people around. I recall reading some threads in this forum about people stealing petrol from BMW in Singapore. Even in Singapore, it is not safe.

how they steal beemer petrol when the car has some locking device pin?
give us yr findings...
n Rac, dont be so gloomy..let me share my laughter with you over my new avatar...:yummie:
even no sunshine, but as long one can "pang-sai" oso is good karma..
that means got input & output lor..
just kidding..:laughlik:

Hi Pennzoil,

i was in the same predicament as you just 1 month back. i went to a P.I for more or less the same reasons as you.

My wife also wanted a convertible, i wanted the 335, so we settle for E93 335. Paid deposit of 20K on July 27 2008, my TCOE was also around 13k+, i guess why the P.Is were so keen on getting the TCOE done was to lock you in onto the deal. My car arrived 1.5 months late - 5dec2008

We ordered a Matt Black exterior. It came Sapphire Black (Glossy Black)
ordered Leather Cream Beige interior . It came Koral red
ordered Glossy black interior trim. It came oplar grain grey

On the bright side, we didn't ask for M suspension and sports seats but it came with that too.

In the end, he gave me a discount of 9k, the initial agreement was 234k. Before this, there were a lot of issues too, he said he would swap the leather with another car, change the interior trim, blah blah blah. But it was nearly impossible to change the leather,

i decided to live with the leather and take the 9k discount.

During this time, I also went to another P.I when i found out my car was the wrong spec, the car had dropped by 16k before negotiation!!! I based the 9k discount on this price (218k,includes coe). Why don't you check with other recommeneded P.I s and see what is the price difference,Maybe get ready to forfeit your 5k? you can still use your TCOE on the new car and see what you can work out with the new P.I? You can ask LTA for extension of your TCOE.

Don't dispair, i was really upset when i was going through the process but now heehee...

Also, if you want to valid your 2 year international warannty with PML. You need the following..

1) PDI (predelivery inspection report). this gets issued when the car is sold to the original supplier / owner
2)Export documents
3)Log card
4)Photocopy of owners IC

Good Luck!!!

Hi Pennzoil,

i was in the same predicament as you up until 1 month back. i went to a P.I for more or less the same reasons as you.

My wife also wanted a convertible, i wanted the 335, so we settle for E93 335. Paid deposit of 20K on July 27 2008, my TCOE was also around 13k+, i guess why the P.Is were so keen on getting the TCOE done was to lock you in onto the deal. My car arrived 1.5 months late - 5dec2008

ordered Leather Cream Beige interior . It came Koral red
ordered Glossy black interior trim. It came oplar grain grey

On the bright side, we didn't ask for M suspension and sports seats but it came with that too.

In the end, he gave me a discount of 9k, the initial agreement was 234k. Before this, there were a lot of issues too, he said he would swap the leather with another car, change the interior trim, blah blah blah. But it was nearly impossible to change the leather,

i decided to live with the leather and take the 9k discount.

During this time, I also went to another P.I when i found out my car was the wrong spec, the car had dropped by 16k before negotiation!!! I based the 9k discount on this price (218k,includes coe). Why don't you check with other recommeneded P.I s and see what is the price difference,Maybe get ready to forfeit your 5k? you can still use your TCOE on the new car and see what you can work out with the new P.I? You can ask LTA for extension of your TCOE.

Don't be disheartened / sian, i was really upset when i was going through the process but now heehee...

Also, if you want to valid your 2 year international warannty with PML. You need the following..

1) PDI (predelivery inspection report). this gets issued when the car is sold to the original supplier / owner
2)Export documents
3)Log card
4)Photocopy of owners IC

Good Luck!!!

kenntona;405040 said:
More than 2, actually. Quite a few of us..........

Hi Kenn, can PM on the better P.Is? wanna which P.I have cleaner reputations out there. Thanks

rac_wmb;405120 said:
The best course of action really depends on pennzoil's time, energy and financial resources. Since he has decided to go for PI due to lower cost, then he should known what PIs are (in)famous for. You are probably right that cruise control is good for Malaysia highways, but I think it could be more dangerous now in view of deteriorating economy and more desperate people around. I recall reading some threads in this forum about people stealing petrol from BMW in Singapore. Even in Singapore, it is not safe.

pretty ignorant point...Malaysia isn't so much of a 'Wild Wild West'...if you notice...the cases you read about in the papers or hear about...the victims were generally 'stereotypical' Singaporeans whom I am ashamed of while travelling in every corner of the world...on a plane in coach or 1st class...my red passport which is normally a badge of pride...'shrinks'...

end OT.

can we name this PI or perhaps the salesperson involved? moderators?

hohlim;405296 said:
Hi Pennzoil,

Good Luck!!!

can order cars in matte?

based on wats posted, its obvious its called n@tion@l something.. its right beside sixth ave pasta fresca. anyway dealing w PIs to me is no point complaining abt it after the goods arrived. u must assume theyre are not interested in doing proper sales then u can buy ure car. caveat emptor so make sure everything is written in black n white including problem scenarios. notice PI's S&P docs are really crap & they always fully disclaim themselves if u read the entire fine prints end to end. again caveat emptor

Roasty;405346 said:
can order cars in matte?

He probably meant jet black. I stand corrected though.

Yup, i think its Jet Black. That's the only other standard black available for bimmers...

Here's what happen today.

Told PI, (yes order from N@ti@nal) i will not ccept the car as was not to agree to contractual agreement
PI boss came back demanding for 25K to drop this sale
I told PI i will take 25K out myself to challenge their claim through legal means
PI boss says will sue me until my pants drop (she seriously said this!)
I told PI i'm glad my pants worth 25K!!!
Later she sms me to ask if i want higher loan to proceed with sale

No turning back, i'm taking on this PI now with 25K budget.

hohlim - admire you for accepting your PI with so many differences.

pennzoil;406029 said:
Here's what happen today.

Told PI, (yes order from N@ti@nal) i will not ccept the car as was not to agree to contractual agreement
PI boss came back demanding for 25K to drop this sale
I told PI i will take 25K out myself to challenge their claim through legal means
PI boss says will sue me until my pants drop (she seriously said this!)
I told PI i'm glad my pants worth 25K!!!
Later she sms me to ask if i want higher loan to proceed with sale

No turning back, i'm taking on this PI now with 25K budget.

hohlim - admire you for accepting your PI with so many differences.

Have you read the fine print? You maybe fighting a losing battle

Anyway I agree that their attitude is horrendous

Their fine print very fine and well written. Nothing i have not seen before as i'm also in similar business (not PI on car though) dealing with contractual & agreement.

Many points to argue eventually. Let's see how it play out to the end. My limit is 25K and my pants. If i lose, i take the car plus 25K. Their lost will multiple more if vice-versa.

kanasai PI.....pui....dun buy car from them liao.

anyway, get lawyer to vet thru the contract.
Under sales of goods act, they already not delivering the expected goods but then again i think it will depend on far it differ and whether acceptance is expected with rectification from seller. impt thing to note is whether did they state in black n white the specs of the car they gonna deliver to u and whether is that substantial to warrant a non-acceptance of the said goods.
just my 2 cents, i not lawyer hor

we arrange a convoy to court with you..... and scare the PI till pants drop

Should notify and blacklist the PI here for all forumers.

sszone said:
bukit timah PI, lady boss.....hmmm....who might that be??
MILF? If so, lemme know.

You wanna show her your 9 inch (boh count head)??? :)

Sorry end OT :yummie:

Hi Penzoil really feel for you... I'm not a lawyer, pls do not use my comments for anything other than personal opinion. disclaimer aside....

1. Sounds like you signed a legally binding contract to purchase a car, according to specific specifications which both parties agreed to.

2. Based on that contract, PI spent time and money and effort to bring the car into Singapore + registered COE for you. Hence if you back out of the sale, they can claim damages because they relied on this contract to incur this expense. This is most likely why the PI is saying they will sue you for 25k damages.

3. You however also have a rightful claim to get the EXACT car you ordered, which is the one with the cruise control. If there is a delivery deadline, and they exceeded that, you can ask for your money back.

4. Just because the COE is in your wife's name does not mean that you have to buy it. If they did not deliver the car by the delivery date, then you can get your money back, and they have to eat the COE cost.

One way to negotiate is to get the cost of installing the cruise control by performance. Then write a letter to the PI saying that you are willing to take the car, MINUS the cost of the cruise control, so that you can then bring that car to performance to do the install and then voila, you are none the worse from the original contract. Write that if you don't receive acceptance of this offer in 7 days time, you will go to court to sue for your 5k back, and they will have to then sell the car to someone else, and most likely have to eat the cost of the COE or transfer it to another person (I'm not sure if COEs are transferrable)

Most importantly, if you write this letter, and then PI does not accept the offer, you can go to the small claims court, and show them that you have acted very fairly and very reasonably, and this evidence that you tried your best to honour your side of the bargain but the PI did not means that you have no choice but to demand your money back and since they don't want to give it to you, you have to go to court. You might be able to demand your court and legal fees as well because you established that the PI was acting unreasonably.

If you don't write this letter, then you are not giving the PI any chance to respond to your reasonable claim to settle, which means the court will then not have any bias towards you.

PLS CHECK WITH YOUR LAWYER IF IM CORRECT.........I give notice that I'm not a lawyer and I'm just trying to help!

"One way to negotiate is to get the cost of installing the cruise control by performance. Then write a letter to the PI saying that you are willing to take the car, MINUS the cost of the cruise control, so that you can then bring that car to performance to do the install and then voila"

Gee i like that brilliant suggestion ........ hope the lady PI boss dont read our BMW,SG website.

Seem this can solve your cruise control issue except for the colours you wanted...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U888ink
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back