Shock absorbers

Fox1

Hi all.

The rear-right shock absorber appears to have given way in my E90 2008. I was thinking of changing to after market ones. I drive mostly to work and home.

Would be grateful for any recommendation.

Many thanks.

Re: Shock absorbers

Thanks Red Bean Bun and Seanskye. Apologies for this lame question, just hoping to find an answer quickly... My E90 is still running but appears to be limping towards the right because of the rear shock on the right that must have given way.

I was reading up a little randomly. Seems like there is a school of enthusiasts who preferred stock absorbers.

I am also considering KW. How does it stack up against Bilstein?

Much appreciate it.

KWs are coilovers ...... and so its got a different feel from stock or stock like replacements .....

Fox1;1061118 said:
Thanks Red Bean Bun and Seanskye. Apologies for this lame question, just hoping to find an answer quickly... My E90 is still running but appears to be limping towards the right because of the rear shock on the right that must have given way.

I was reading up a little randomly. Seems like there is a school of enthusiasts who preferred stock absorbers.

Much appreciate it.

Red_Bean_Bun;1061145 said:
KWs are coilovers ...... and so its got a different feel from stock or stock like replacements .....

Different feel, different budget also.......

Fox1;1061118 said:

Much appreciate it.

Just changed all 4 of mine to stock, good compromise between comfort and control and not so exp as thought. Good thing is that if you really want to spend $ you have options, otherwise save for something else.

Thanks Easy. I would prefer that. Did you have yours changed at PML of a workshop that you'd recommend?

I did mine at a workshop (not one of the site sponsors) that I have a long term relationship with. Do consider the possibility of changing all 4 rather than just the rear pair. You would also need to do a 4-wheel alignment afterwards, for that you may need to go elsewhere.

Koni shock absorbers is another good option beside stock bmw or bilstein.

Thanks very much everyone for your suggestions. I've decided more or less to go with Bilstein.

Fox1;1061359 said:
Thanks very much everyone for your suggestions. I've decided more or less to go with Bilstein.

Good choice! I'm on Bilsteins too, value-for-money (if done at the correct workshop).

seanskye;1061416 said:
Good choice! I'm on Bilsteins too, value-for-money (if done at the correct workshop).

bro, u good sales exec hor... can pm me the damage??? LOL

Shock absorbers

I will only recommend what works for my ride, and I will also diss what doesn't work or anyone who screws with my ride. Strictly no commercial interest, but sometimes biased by lian bang meimeis!

Hi Guru Bros here... just to check .. as we know our ride (Conti) are different when braking... the car doesn't lean to the front as much as others, forgot about what is this effect about it seem like the car sink downward rather than forward more...

So if we change to coil over or other after market suspension, will it remove this effect ?

BMW-GK;1061491 said:
Hi Guru Bros here... just to check .. as we know our ride (Conti) are different when braking... the car doesn't lean to the front as much as others, forgot about what is this effect about it seem like the car sink downward rather than forward more...

So if we change to coil over or other after market suspension, will it remove this effect ?

partially, read this.....

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/r2d-autoworks-pte-ltd/81151-f10-front-tension-arm-bushing-mod.html

I just replaced all my shocks opn my late 2007 e90. Same problem as you mentioned. (when wksp was removing the rear shock...we found it was complete worn)
I have replace with SACH Touring + all all bushings, stoppers and spring pads.
Ride is super now. Slight harder than stock i think
If you prefer even harder, go Bilstein for slight more $

Thanks Knomis. I've decided to go with B6. Hope I'm right ;) fingers crossed.

Shock absorbers

For sure better than spoilt shocks. Anyway all the best! If you are lucky, you might be able to catch some bros for a test drive at our monthly meetups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back