Shock absorbers

Re: Shock absorbers

Hi All.

Would like to thank everyone for your feedbacks. I put on B6 with stock springs today.

Here are my observations -

1. On slower speeds, the ride is bumpy, lots of vibration.

2. But when I accelerate hard, hit corners hard and go over ramps, the tires just grip. Very Impressive.

Conclusion - fun drive.

Fox1;1062679 said:
Hi All.

Would like to thank everyone for your feedbacks. I put on B6 with stock springs today.

Here are my observations -

1. On slower speeds, the ride is bumpy, lots of vibration.

2. But when I accelerate hard, hit corners hard and go over ramps, the tires just grip. Very Impressive.

Conclusion - fun drive.

Congrats! Enjoy the sheer driving pleasure....!!!

I would like to report back after a few days on the road with my B6. The road vibration seemed to have reduced somewhat after putting in 100km. Not sure if I'm used to it...

The tires are slightly noisier but more grippy, like what I said earlier. I have to turn up volume a little more. Going over road joints are also louder but sticks firmly. Cornering is better. A tad better. Rapid overtaking has less body roll.

Overall.... More vibration and noisier in exchange for better feel....

Any how, happy with this upgrade... !!!!

My personal favourite is 4 pieces of Koni Gas Shock(yellow colour) as they are around 10% lower in price than Billstein, the handy feature of Koni is firmness adjustable, for my ride E-90 325I, my firmness setting is 40% for front and 25% firm on rear, where 0% is softest and 100% is hardest, the 100% setting will be rather similar to bilstein hardness which I find too hard for daily usage. you can text me on the shop selling Koni set (97895067)

Heard the FSD got a good technology behind it .... any feel for that ?

esis311;1066794 said:
My personal favourite is 4 pieces of Koni Gas Shock(yellow colour) as they are around 10% lower in price than Billstein, the handy feature of Koni is firmness adjustable, for my ride E-90 325I, my firmness setting is 40% for front and 25% firm on rear, where 0% is softest and 100% is hardest, the 100% setting will be rather similar to bilstein hardness which I find too hard for daily usage. you can text me on the shop selling Koni set (97895067)

I haven't regretted fitting B6. It is definitely firmer than stock. And I wish sometimes that it is a little softer. Lots of vibration for sure on B6.

Fox1;1067385 said:
I haven't regretted fitting B6. It is definitely firmer than stock. And I wish sometimes that it is a little softer. Lots of vibration for sure on B6.

Good stuff! What size of rims are you on? Try reducing the tyre pressure a little, it worked for me.

Change the springs ...

Fox1;1067385 said:

Running th B6 for almost 3 months.
Loving it, bumpier ride and all.

Hi
I new here..
Just check senior expert here On my question.
Can I use my Frd e92 335i M sport springs (D3/D7) On my e90 325i? Will the front too high?
Cheers..

jasonyueh;1067828 said:
Hi
I new here..
Just check senior expert here On my question.
Can I use my Frd e92 335i M sport springs (D3/D7) On my e90 325i? Will the front too high?
Cheers..

Hiadee, the M sport suspension is supposed to lower the e92, by 10mm IIRC. So how can it be high if you put it on the e90?

anyway best is to check the OEM parts of the e90 325 and see if you they are the same or different, suspension this type of thing don't pray pray, cannot anyhow harm tarm one.

Devvic;1067762 said:
Running th B6 for almost 3 months.
Loving it, bumpier ride and all.

Thats y i said change the springs ...

SUPAN;1067879 said:
Thats y i said change the springs ...

Hi Supan - so mean that by changing the spring, we could get a ride with less vibration?

Vibrations ? Where ?

Suspension if too bumpy or harsh is due to spring especially if yr suspension is non adjustable

Hi All Seniors, may I check & confirm is there any difference between the shock absorbers of E60 pre LCI and E60 LCI models? Greatly Appreciated.

No difference la

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back