marcusrichard;750057 said:
best to buy after june

now still got resistance
seller not wanting to go down
buyer not willing to go up

but got sellers softening

need help or advice can look for me

cheers

..Marcus..why sum ppl can still hold HDB and buy private...?
..is tt true?

Re: Should I buy now or later?

yes
hdb owner can buy private
as long as u fullfill ur MOP

private owner cannot buy hdb
unless u sell all

Price how to go down when so many people waiting to rush in once the price falls?
It will drive up the price once again.

Sigh.

Eh Marcus Richard, why u use Zorro's avatar? Confusing leh.

Audi Rocks..........

cheers

Buy faster buy as long you have holding power. Singapore will be like Hong Kong.

james72;750418 said:
Buy faster buy as long you have holding power. Singapore will be like Hong Kong.

...but like dat...will drive property prices crazy...wait la...tarik a bit....:lol::lol::lol:

Chocs;750437 said:
...but like dat...will drive property prices crazy...wait la...tarik a bit....:lol::lol::lol:

if not all go rent then no need to buy.............make the renting price up...........

cheers

I sold my HDB bought a condo then sold it again and bought a terrace.... Buy high sell high, buy low sell low. This is how it works to drive the whole economy. If houses becomes like cars, Singaporean will no longer have any LT investment. Sell then wait, you pay rental etc, measures just drop on you like a surprise. Imagine what you gain cannot foot for the down payment, then you will have to rent for a very long time....

nowadays pple buy ppty is seriously for own stay oredi loh ... psf high oso ll buy to reward ownself ... despite 99 yr life!
as long as ppty is new, pple more willing to stretch the $, look at our bmws despite being 10 yr life!

Last edited by a moderator:

supply glut in 2014/15...by then sure alot of empty units..actually now...to be honest, u drive past marina bay residences...quite a number of empty units...same for a number of recently completed projects...so even if u buy one off-plan now, ur project will be ready by then...buy in 2014/15..best time...store bullets now...

i always tell my friends...u buy a suburban condo at 1200 now...how much u wana resell? 1300-400? which cai tao wana buy? and that cai tao buying is thinking of 1500-600?? not logical right.

to explain why some projects are asking abv 1200 psf is tough: i would put to "hype" created by media and agents...some pent-up demand for new condo projects in certain areas like Bedok and Punggol...developers try to "sell" lifestyle such as retail below condos..cinemas..as with the punggol project...so as to justify the high sale price and of course, ultimately high land price bought by developers...

maybe some fact to ponder...2006/07 rally is led by the high-end segment...10/11 by mass market...this time prices for high end is coming down...mass market to come down next?

we alr can see some softening in land bid prices recently. why so urgent to buy for investment? those who want to buy for own stay...different..gotta decide if u are willing to buy at this still lofty price. those who want investment..all i can say...upside limited...gone are those days u can flip and make a cool mil or few hundred k.

Niva;755138 said:
supply glut in 2014/15...by then sure alot of empty units..actually now...to be honest, u drive past marina bay residences...quite a number of empty units...same for a number of recently completed projects...so even if u buy one off-plan now, ur project will be ready by then...buy in 2014/15..best time...store bullets now...

i always tell my friends...u buy a suburban condo at 1200 now...how much u wana resell? 1300-400? which cai tao wana buy? and that cai tao buying is thinking of 1500-600?? not logical right.

to explain why some projects are asking abv 1200 psf is tough: i would put to "hype" created by media and agents...some pent-up demand for new condo projects in certain areas like Bedok and Punggol...developers try to "sell" lifestyle such as retail below condos..cinemas..as with the punggol project...so as to justify the high sale price and of course, ultimately high land price bought by developers...

maybe some fact to ponder...2006/07 rally is led by the high-end segment...10/11 by mass market...this time prices for high end is coming down...mass market to come down next?

we alr can see some softening in land bid prices recently. why so urgent to buy for investment? those who want to buy for own stay...different..gotta decide if u are willing to buy at this still lofty price. those who want investment..all i can say...upside limited...gone are those days u can flip and make a cool mil or few hundred k.

SO wait for drop u think? if no major pullback ?

If any of us here truly knows the answer to the Thread Starter's question, he or she would be a fcuking bazillionaire by right now....

I detest vulgar language being used in this seemingly serious thread but.....

I have to agree with you in this instance......

I am monitoring the market very closely..demand is still there especially for small units in mass-market segment (near MRT) and those FH in Geylang area....D14 at 1200 psf...

wobbles;755166 said:
If any of us here truly knows the answer to the Thread Starter's question, he or she would be a fcuking bazillionaire by right now....

ipoh-horfun;755146 said:
SO wait for drop u think? if no major pullback ?

like i said, if you are a genuine buyer for own stay, you have to consider if you are willing to pay the high price now for a place...

for an investor, i think i will wait...but thats just my take...high risk high return...buy high and sell higher? I dont subscribe to that...but im sure there are many contrarians here in this forum who firmly believe high prices are here to stay....

end of day, dont be influenced to buy or sell based on what people say..make your own call and live with it...dont believe in hype by media or agents...and buy within your means.

All this aside landed should be a safer bet even for own stay price should stay for a while right?

comparatively, it seems landed is a safer bet though people like my family will tell you otherwise...got burnt in previous cycle in the 2000s.

for now, landed home prices are 'sticky', the way i see it is...cost to buy old landed house purely on land area...700-850 range...throw in 220 psf GFA..now thats above 1000 psf on land area...then the excess is developer profit or the unrealised gains by owner.

for now...seemingly due to the demand for construction, construction costs have not come down...so this kind of supports the selling price of landed homes.

For landed, it depends on the district as well. Look at D19, the prices are crazy now, $1k psf will probably get you only a single storey old house in Serangoon Gardens. In other words only buy land and how much more upside can there be if you choose to rebuild it yourself like what Niva pointed out? Maybe other areas like D28 have more potential given the aerospace hype and Greenwich but prices are slowly creeping up. It also depends on your budget as well. I think it's difficult to find a decent landed in the $1.5m to $2m range (except maybe cluster homes) hence most will still end up buying apartments.

My humble rational is actually so many condo 99 years type cost $1000 psf you don't own the land nor the facilities etc and have to pay monthly maint around $300... I think condo are harder to enbloc now so 99 years landed may have a better chance to be enbloc once the plot ratio is adjusted upwards... Took the dive anyway so I am on the side where prices stay stagnant or increase more

marcusrichard;750095 said:
yes
hdb owner can buy private
as long as u fullfill ur MOP

private owner cannot buy hdb
unless u sell all

Dun forget the new ruling. Those pple that purchase their hdb flat after aug 2010 cannot buy a private without selling away their hdb even though they fulfil their MOP of 5 yrs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back