Slight tuck fwd whenever I slow down to stop on a traffic liffic light

Re: Slight tuck fwd whenever I slow down to stop on a traffic liffic light

Hi bro,

Just want to share. A few months ago, I saw a thread here that BVO can solve the problem.
Went there and get it solve at $80 with reprogramming. Was told it may or may not come back.
If it does, have to change valve body at $3.8K.
After 2 weeks, it really did came back. Went again, they say "no choice", have to change liao.
Happens a friend sat my car asked me about this and brought me to.a workshop in Eunos to look
For a guy called Barry Heng. Reset it for me using a better software on his desktop claiminh its the
Original system from BMW. Done it for me for FREE and ask me to try.
Drove for 1 month without problem. But was told that its better to change Gear box oil to have a ease of mind.
I did it at $780 and have been happey since.
Its been 3 months already, so far so good.

samuelseow;710492 said:
Hi bro,

Just want to share. A few months ago, I saw a thread here that BVO can solve the problem.
Went there and get it solve at $80 with reprogramming. Was told it may or may not come back.
If it does, have to change valve body at $3.8K.
After 2 weeks, it really did came back. Went again, they say "no choice", have to change liao.
Happens a friend sat my car asked me about this and brought me to.a workshop in Eunos to look
For a guy called Barry Heng. Reset it for me using a better software on his desktop claiminh its the
Original system from BMW. Done it for me for FREE and ask me to try.
Drove for 1 month without problem. But was told that its better to change Gear box oil to have a ease of mind.
I did it at $780 and have been happey since.
Its been 3 months already, so far so good.

Where is this workshop in Eunos? Btw is ur ATF oil change a bit pricey? I changed mine at $420 only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can't remember the exact address, know the go there only. Its near Singpost.
You can call him to ask 84048818, Berry Heng (Very heng), hehe.
What's your ride? mine is E60, can it be higher volume ATF used?
Anyway, I save $3K by not changing the valve body. So I am ok with it.

samuelseow;710626 said:
Can't remember the exact address, know the go there only. Its near Singpost.
You can call him to ask 84048818, Berry Heng (Very heng), hehe.
What's your ride? mine is E60, can it be higher volume ATF used?
Anyway, I save $3K by not changing the valve body. So I am ok with it.

Hi Samuel,

What actual this Berry Heng did on your ride bro?

did he do a reset / reflash on your auto-transmission setting or updating of software?

i'm currently experiencing uncomfortable "jerkiness" when changing of gears during driving ... just change ATF + pan filter + all other oils already recently but still same... haizz

TIA.

Just to share. I experienced the same jerk as some of the members here last week. The lesser i step on the accelerator, the harder the jerk. So I apply the DIY throttle reset. After letting the car rest for 5mins, no more jerk. Been 1 week now. Hope it will not come back. Mine is E66

How did u DIY bro?

Can list down the steps here?

Thanks

Hi duke,

I got the steps from 1 of the member st8800 here also.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/50615-f10-drivers-come-35.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbreath
Any f10 bro notice the throttle lag especially in normal mode?
Bro, u can try throttle reset highlighted by F10 forum:

1) hit start button once to turn on power (Don't start the engine)
2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 5 sec (I press for 10s)
3) then hit start button once to turn off power
4) then remove foot from accelerator
5) then waite for 2 minutes
4) then start the engine like normal and try it out!

Alternatively, if u want to play safe, go back PML and ask them to update engine software.

the thread is on 19 Oct 2011.

im so worried now, got a 318i 2009 pre owned, will i experience this tuck fwd too? i din really feel it during test drive, any advice on how to avoid and how to maintain vehicle to avoid my ride becoming like this?

iamdarren79;719175 said:
im so worried now, got a 318i 2009 pre owned, will i experience this tuck fwd too? i din really feel it during test drive, any advice on how to avoid and how to maintain vehicle to avoid my ride becoming like this?

This forward tuck is due to the transmission and usually experienced when you come to a hard stop after spirited driving. This is usually an indicator of some issues with the automatic transmission. PML will usually do a reset of update or reflash software for the transmission.

Don worry about it.

delrosa81;719186 said:
This forward tuck is due to the transmission and usually experienced when you come to a hard stop after spirited driving. This is usually an indicator of some issues with the automatic transmission. PML will usually do a reset of update or reflash software for the transmission.

Don worry about it.

I think when i drove it, i came to a stop , press foot brake, then change from D to P, and then slight jerk. is this normal?
But the next time i try the above, nothing happens. maybe is the way i drive? or i shift the gear too fast? hmm

iamdarren79;719215 said:
I think when i drove it, i came to a stop , press foot brake, then change from D to P, and then slight jerk. is this normal?
But the next time i try the above, nothing happens. maybe is the way i drive? or i shift the gear too fast? hmm

This is normal, if you are moving forwards in D, or moving backwards in R, then U come to complete stop and you put to P, there will be a jerk, its normal. So after you experience this jerk then u put to D then U try put back to P then no more jerk right? This is normal

Don worry bro. Enjoy ur new ride!

delrosa81;719238 said:
This is normal, if you are moving forwards in D, or moving backwards in R, then U come to complete stop and you put to P, there will be a jerk, its normal. So after you experience this jerk then u put to D then U try put back to P then no more jerk right? This is normal

Don worry bro. Enjoy ur new ride!

Ok ok guess I woke overwhelm by so many posts about jerks and the transmissions. Making me like dem scared I bought a nightmare!! Yes the jerk was when u stop and change from D to P only and don't happen every time. Scared me hehe. Will enjoy my ride and thanks for excellent support!

iamdarren79;719268 said:
Ok ok guess I woke overwhelm by so many posts about jerks and the transmissions. Making me like dem scared I bought a nightmare!! Yes the jerk was when u stop and change from D to P only and don't happen every time. Scared me hehe. Will enjoy my ride and thanks for excellent support!

Yes dont worry, while your car is still under warranty, nothing to worry about. For your servicing, try to go to PML Alexandra and look for Mr Singa, usually I will highlight my car issues and he will try his best to help, sometimes you might need to go back 2 or 3 times for the same issue, its a hassle but they have their protocols so will not to confirm plus double confirm for bigger items that needs to be replaced under warranty. I am always polite and talk to the SAs nicely and usually my problems are fixed and not much of hassles.

As for the after warranty, you can visit outside workshops, nowadays BMW is much more common and more workshops have the capability to diagnose and program our cars and at a much cheaper price due to their much lower overheads as compared to PML. Maintaining the car is not really expensive as per what most ppl say in the industry.

Enjoy your ride and don worry too much. I have been there and done that and doing it still, so rest assured its a great car.

Cheers!

delrosa81;719375 said:
Yes dont worry, while your car is still under warranty, nothing to worry about. For your servicing, try to go to PML Alexandra and look for Mr Singa, usually I will highlight my car issues and he will try his best to help, sometimes you might need to go back 2 or 3 times for the same issue, its a hassle but they have their protocols so will not to confirm plus double confirm for bigger items that needs to be replaced under warranty. I am always polite and talk to the SAs nicely and usually my problems are fixed and not much of hassles.

As for the after warranty, you can visit outside workshops, nowadays BMW is much more common and more workshops have the capability to diagnose and program our cars and at a much cheaper price due to their much lower overheads as compared to PML. Maintaining the car is not really expensive as per what most ppl say in the industry.

Enjoy your ride and don worry too much. I have been there and done that and doing it still, so rest assured its a great car.

Cheers!

ok sure noted. really looking fwd to collecting it now. i understand the need to actually flush out and change the oil of the car (isit just engine oil?) though it was just serviced by pml last month, i was thinking of getting the oil changed. any advice on which IMMEDIATE tasks i shld do after collection?

hi guys,

mine is E60 , 200,000 km, exactly sometime last year i had this issue................was resolved at PML with lock clutch programming, cost below $200. all was good..............

on and off, driving upslope , will get the transmission fault coming out on the i-drive,drive moderately and go to the nearest bmw..............................

phew scary,

slow down, park one side, restart engine...............gone already the fault..........

one in a while came back again.....................................

--------------------

other symptoms, engine no power, sometime loss of power at full throttle, sometimes rpm up and gear like not engaged..............

changed spark plugs, ignition coil,change fuel filter and fuel pump, all help at little at first but

last month kena again, went to PML happy happy thought can resolve, paid $200 and SA advised that i have done programming twice, one more time , then tranny will need change
mentioned that test done and gears have too many slips per test....................

all is well again.............................driving in fear

200K mileage is very respectable for a E60 bro!

If "lock clutch programming" aka $200 bucks can resolve this... it's indeed value for $

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

I think it's time to pay ah wee a visit..

Just came back from BVO and Ah wee reset the transmission control unit. Amazingly, the tuck is no longer prominent. Seems to be a very very common problem.. hope those who are experiencing this issue have a peace of mind now.

not so fast, yesterday transmission fault came out again at bukit timah, restart drive moderately,
rev up, transmission fault on i -drive came out again...........

this time is worst, cant sell and cant' drive ...........stuck, still moving, slow , no power

will send to workshop to diagnose and update....

Hi Guys,

Driving a F10 (2012).At times,at traffic lights and moving off gear slips to P and prompts on Display:something like P mode and rolls back.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asahihotpotvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back