Slow Gear Change?

polarbear

Hi,

Noticed a funny thing when climbing up slope with my 320. When I go up a carpark camp or slope, I will usuallu rev the engine a bit more to compensate for the incline, say, around 2000 - 2500 rpm. The funny thing is when I am back on level surface and l I remove my leg from the accelerator, the rpm remains at that level and will take a good while to go down. As in my previous rides, the rpm will go down immediately or there will be a gear change.

To add on, if I continue to accelerate the rpm will just go higher without a gear change. What I do usually when I hit this problem is I stop accelerating and wait for say 4 - 5s for the car to clam down to below 2000 rpm before I acelerate again. However, this is not really ideal as the car speed will slow down quite a fair bit and I feel quite pose a hazard especially when I am on the roads.

I am not sure the problem is with my driving style or the car. Any advise? Thanks.

Re: Slow Gear Change?

polarbear;499082 said:
Hi,

Noticed a funny thing when climbing up slope with my 320. When I go up a carpark camp or slope, I will usuallu rev the engine a bit more to compensate for the incline, say, around 2000 - 2500 rpm. The funny thing is when I am back on level surface and l I remove my leg from the accelerator, the rpm remains at that level and will take a good while to go down. As in my previous rides, the rpm will go down immediately or there will be a gear change.

To add on, if I continue to accelerate the rpm will just go higher without a gear change. What I do usually when I hit this problem is I stop accelerating and wait for say 4 - 5s for the car to clam down to below 2000 rpm before I acelerate again. However, this is not really ideal as the car speed will slow down quite a fair bit and I feel quite pose a hazard especially when I am on the roads.

I am not sure the problem is with my driving style or the car. Any advise? Thanks.
its time to get ur transmission reset. i get that too but not as long as 4 to 5 seconds. ur gear is basically stuck in no mans land between 1 and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd

Bro I aso got similar encounter wz my 323, so can request from PML to do the tranmission reset during my 1st servicing? It happen during I m in D mode.

coolman;499173 said:
Bro I aso got similar encounter wz my 323, so can request from PML to do the tranmission reset during my 1st servicing? It happen during I m in D mode.
importantly is if u can replicate the issue when tester goes for test drive with u. u have to convince them its constantly there for the reset. i know a few ppl including myself who did not manage to have it rest coz the prob wasnt as serious. they r quite sticky about doing the reset. takes like half a day for them.

Slater;499175 said:
importantly is if u can replicate the issue when tester goes for test drive with u. u have to convince them its constantly there for the reset. i know a few ppl including myself who did not manage to have it rest coz the prob wasnt as serious. they r quite sticky about doing the reset. takes like half a day for them.

Shit man like dat not reli friendly leh. Bo bian may just hv to stick to it

coolman;499176 said:
Shit man like dat not reli friendly leh. Bo bian may just hv to stick to it
cant blame them la. if 40 cars daily go in and demand their gear box be reset for the sake of it, then they si beh boh eng right?

sometimes when i'm just accelerating slowly out of my car park say moving from 2nd to 3rd gear, my car would suddenly drop gear even though i was maintaining the same pressure on the accelerator.

would a transmission reset solve this too?

jeronlee;499185 said:
sometimes when i'm just accelerating slowly out of my car park say moving from 2nd to 3rd gear, my car would suddenly drop gear even though i was maintaining the same pressure on the accelerator.

would a transmission reset solve this too?
its a characteristic found on my 325 as well. reset might only help slightly i believe.

interesting characteristic i must say. everytime this characteristic kicks in, my wife will give the "what the hell you trying to do, baby's behind!" look.

jeronlee;499189 said:
interesting characteristic i must say. everytime this characteristic kicks in, my wife will give the "what the hell you trying to do, baby's behind!" look.
believe its caught in between gears. if its happening often enough, might be worth sending it for a rest to see if problem persist. at least they will not turn u away given urs seems like a reoccuring problem.

I need it is quite hard to replicate the problem (at least on my end). If it happens, it happens. I cannot see a pattern of what I do to create this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back