Solar Film for Cabs

BryanK

Calling all E93/ cab owners for advice!

My ride is coming and i am looking for good place to install solar film... where do you guys do it?

And.. does it look funny to have the rear much tinted than the front.. given that there's no clear 'separator' pane in btn... unlike a sedan. :thinking:

Thanks.

Re: Solar Film for Cabs

Hence quite a few people just get the sides the same tint! ;)

hack, just get same tint for front and back windows. We coupes do that too. :)

Thanks guys.. same tint, that means the front tint i guess.. since rear tint buey pass LTA if put on front window...

Would it be pointless then, since the tint is supposed to enhance aesthetically...on top of its original purpose.

where did you get yours done?

hey BryanK... pls let me know once u have yours done k... my ride is coming on too.. although way further... anyway if you want, my agent told me that she can get my solar film on at a price of $200... that's her price though.. i can try ask...

think the rear 25%, front 75%

what most of us do is 25% for all around, EXCEPT the front window leaving it at 75%
others just hack and 25% or darker all round.

So its really your pick. For me i did 25% all round, and left the front 75% for better visability.

Use the same tint all round or don't tint! I did not tint bcos my car is always parked in covered carparks.

Thanks unpluggedmusic... actually in sgcarmart there's a whole list of solar film shop to choose from... price can go as low as $168. Quality wise... not too sure. You must have just booked your ride.. the wait is long and dreadful man.. haha..

SC_IS, you mean all the 5 piece you used 25% except the windscreen 75%? daring! but damn nice it should be. where u get yours done?

ED520, my ride is in shelter all the time too, that's why the film to me is more for aesthetic than rejecting heat.. If clear tint might as well dun tint..

BryanK;315452 said:
ED520, my ride is in shelter all the time too, that's why the film to me is more for aesthetic than rejecting heat.. If clear tint might as well dun tint..

if its for aesthetic purposes, just go for orh lulu failed ones.. as long as its not Zero % like my last ride, just go for it. will not regret de. anyway ride always in the shelter.. as long as its cheap, what brand dun matter.. but workmanship must be reasonable lorh.

yeah if for aesthetic purposes,just go as dark as possible. If you want to stay legal, might as well dun tint.

Tinting not only for looks la..
It keeps out the heat too.

in my opinion, 25% tints all around look too much and over the top.
Visibility is also way compromised when driving at night.

yeah i think if i do it, i'll go for dark all round except windscreen..

Orh lulu, ur name says it all man... 0%... meaning outside totally cannot see the interior..
but what about ur visibility as the driver??

I tried the darkest package from Infra-tint before on my previous ride, after seeing the fabulous OLL look on their Mark X there. It was really dark all around should be like 25% or so ? First few days were a case of getting used to it as I really got a headache from trying to maintain visibility at night man. But you get used to it once in awhile.

One potential problem: if you park in URA/HDB carparks and need to display parking coupons, it's hardly visible. I slided the coupon between the windscreen and the ERP unit for it to be visible, but if you need to put more than 1 or 2, then hong kan liao lor..haha

hahaa! then put outside btn windscreen and wiper!! :nehnehhh:

that's why probably keep the windscreen at 75%... now thinking if the driver's window at 25% will lack visibility...

car hasnt come already headache on stupid film! :confused:

knn skally in the end decide not to put! :wtf:

Thanks Bryan, ride arriving these couple of days.. wonder who in forum is expecting their ride too...:cloud9:

yours black? i saw a graphite 335 cabrio at clementi interchange carpark few days ago. saddle brown interior. M aero front. looks quite solid.

yeah.. dont tint to stay legal yeah...
btw what is the standard that can just pass LTA's standards???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back