Some e39 questions... any experts here??

javiero

1. What's the fuel tank capacity of e39?
70 litres?

2. What's e FC e39 520 bros out there get for their ride?
- I'm on 18" and getting abt 550km.
- Pumping Shell / SPC 98 Octane.
- 40% city driving, 60% highway driving
- Moderate footed.

3. What does the green lights on my dash board means? Last week is 5 dots...now become 4.
I reckon it's due for servicing once e last dot disappear?

4. My 6-pcs CD changer doesnt works... When I change e mode to CD...it states 'CD CHECK' and stall there. What could be e prob?

Hope bros out here can gimme an advice or two...
Cheers...

Re: Some e39 questions... any experts here??

Hi,

1) Yes, I believe it is 70L.

2) I'm driving a 530 (also on 18") and getting about 425km per full tank.
I pump Caltex Gold / Shell 98.
96% city driving with a pretty heavy foot.

3) Yes, the green dots tell you how far you are from servicing (regular oil change or inspections). The dots will disappear one by one, and the timing is dependent on your driving pattern. The final 2 dots will be yellow in color (servicing is due) and red (servicing is overdue).

4) Not sure about this one. Perhaps you want to double-check the cassette and make sure all the discs are inserted properly.

Thanks for e reply bro. 530 is indeed petrol-hungry :yummie:

1) Yes, its 70l
2) Shd be abt there. I'm running on 18s but clocking abt 500km. i'm on manual mode most of the time, slightly heavy footed.
3) It tells you service time but don't bet on it. Follow the miledge given by your workshop after each servicing, more zhun.
4) Usually happened if you load in your own burnt or chiong disc. If not, its the changer prob.

AC Boy;143827 said:
1) Yes, its 70l
2) Shd be abt there. I'm running on 18s but clocking abt 500km. i'm on manual mode most of the time, slightly heavy footed.
3) It tells you service time but don't bet on it. Follow the miledge given by your workshop after each servicing, more zhun.
4) Usually happened if you load in your own burnt or chiong disc. If not, its the changer prob.

Thankie bro... I have a fair mix of burnt and original discs...so I guess it's e changer prob bah. Btw wad do u mean manual mode?

Hi Javiero,

Yes, all the E39s are 70L capacity. My 530 on 18 " M5 rims does about 500km on a mixture of urban/suburban cycle. I am using Shell 95. Yuin's reply's on the servicing bars is spot on. Enjoy your ride bro. It is a great car.

gp;143832 said:
Hi Javiero,

Yes, all the E39s are 70L capacity. My 530 on 18 " M5 rims does about 500km on a mixture of urban/suburban cycle. I am using Shell 95. Yuin's reply's on the servicing bars is spot on. Enjoy your ride bro. It is a great car.

Hey bro.. How have u been? Yeah...Love the handling of the e39. Btw, will Shell95 have any ill effects on e ride? I'm clueless and that's why play safe and opt for the 98.

p/s: can we do e grilles swap next week? kinda busy lately.

shift your gear towards the left & tap downward directions, u r on manual mode. regarding the disc changer, you shd not see 'cd check' if playing original disc even if you mixed with chiong ones. if it shows, than changer prob.

I can barely smell 400km in my previous e39 525i running 18" staggered with 70% city driving. If u can get 550km, very very good liao.

T6;143841 said:
I can barely smell 400km in my previous e39 525i running 18" staggered with 70% city driving. If u can get 550km, very very good liao.

Bro.. diff la... U are Schmi in disguise, I'm Lao Ah Pek under botox

javiero;143837 said:
Hey bro.. How have u been? Yeah...Love the handling of the e39. Btw, will Shell95 have any ill effects on e ride? I'm clueless and that's why play safe and opt for the 98.

p/s: can we do e grilles swap next week? kinda busy lately.

No problem. U have my number. Just give me a call and we will try to arrange something...

No probs bro...... :)

So how Ah Peh,
Now then i can concentrate your text. When are you going to have your botox inject? All in the tube waiting for you.
CheersssLED

dave;143890 said:
So how Ah Peh,
Now then i can concentrate your text. When are you going to have your botox inject? All in the tube waiting for you.
CheersssLED

haha...yeah man...i guess i'll be meeting u up late this month or early next month for my LED transplant doc... ok with u?

mine its 1999 520i, full tank is 74litres...
green bar is the service light

Regarding the FC, I get mixed results. When both my missus and I were both driving the e39 520is, she'd get about 430km and I'd get about 480 km. Her circuit is mainly to and from school/market and mine to the office and back.
Now she's driving the e90 320i and still get about 430km. I had thought that the 320i would give us slightly better mileage.

I'm still trying to work out when to plan my next car service whenever the green bar is down to just one (trying to capitalise on the last one)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back