Sounds of Simota

Re: Sounds of Simota

i also no know where at bukit batok. just get from fong khim ba,
just be prepared to wait for 2 months

no choice lah.

else put filter first..then order simota. when simota comes sell away ur filter.

sszone;147000 said:
wait 2 months? i think the wait will kill me liao cos i'm impatient one...haha

I waited so long at Avantgarde that I just gave up... :shakehea: recently got my Simota from Sung Beng (6745 3266) at a cheaper price... Do check them out and compare prices...

P.S. Sung Beng got the parts directly from Taiwan and also gotta wait ard 2mtns depending on their shipment timing... If no patience, can try going to taiwan and buying it there urself, may be able to save some $$ on the part...

Now I'm doing research on how to remove the brake duct from my m-bumper and fit in a DIY cold-air intake tube.... Anyone knows?

Cheers,

Derek

so sad. but i am sure there are other brands outside that is suitable for your car.

no prob bro.....just did the change today.
went to poh seng auto which was near my office to get hurricane filter but too bad cannot fit my oem filter box. called up fong kim then realise they were intending to remove the air filter piping and all and without the sensor which was definitely a no no. so had to think of alternatives.
ended up dismantle this n that and then got leon (the boss) to alter my air intake to hurricane open pod with carbon fibre heat shield. since i was at it, might as well add a monster air charger eh? hehe......bitten too deeply by mod bug o had to pay money to kill this itch or else everyday cannot sleep thinking abt it....haha
gonna take some pics and show u guys later.

not ADM.....Monster Platinum air charger...those capsule thingy
not bad...pickup improved alot but not much to say with the FC.
gotta learn to be less trigger happy with the accelerator.....very tempting
maybe take photo later when i am at tuas at my client's place cos abit paiseh to take pics of my car in my hdb carpark...hehe....wait the neighbourhood ppl think i'm nuts

aiyo, is it multi storey? just drive to level 6 lor. no cars there.

ok guys, here's the modest air intake mod job i did on my e36 at poh seng....hehehe

hurricane.jpg

many thanks to leon and the guys at poh seng auto for taking time to figure out how to modify it cos the rectagular box air intake and airflow sensor was a real pain in the a**. finally came up with a modified adapter to attached the hurricane stainless steel pod filter with carbon fibre heat shield plus redid the front intake piping works.

monster.jpg

next up, Monster Air charger. the capsule thingy is supposed to hold extra air so that u dun suffer any low end when accelerating.

monster2.jpg

here's a better view

superione.jpg

and lastly, the superione i added like half a year back....with new piping...

my opinion abt the mods...hmmm....my ride sure got more power....all u need is stop step on the pedal.....like as if the devil is tempting u...hehe.....so ended up with high fc but i am experimenting with going easy on the pedal today...so far so good....will update on the fc in a few days time.....my usual fc is abt 8km/l

looks cool. your FC is so high. 8km/l.
mine is around 9 something pre and post mod. not much diff

shouldn't be so high too lei. plus petrol price so high, siong man. hope the mod will not increase ur FC too much

hitmee;147552 said:
shouldn't be so high too lei. plus petrol price so high, siong man. hope the mod will not increase ur FC too much

not too bad lah, i see some improvements in Fc as long as i dun jam on my accelarator all the way...hehe
will post update on FC after trying out for a few days

simota is money well spent...im sure hitmee will agree...in fact a friend commented the initial 2500rpm on pick up sounds like wrx low revving...eg. when in car park..it's got this slight purring/rumbling sound...

so far i only hear it from the inside. does sound like WRX. but i have this feeling it is not as loud outside.

kurqa do you care to comment?

hi bro, sorry for the late reply. had to drive up to KL to settle some matters.
anyway, FC was great when i did the NS highway. it was like 13km/l when i was like doing 110-120km all the way from 2nd link to KL. haven't checked the FC for return trip which i was doing 140-150. anyway, the drive was shiok but damn tiring but the plus point was petrol was cheap...hehe....abt 2ringgit for 1 litre of vpower....way cheaper than SG. but the minus point is car gets real dirty and my front lid kena hairline crack and my shocks mountings are screwed....gotta go get new ones

hitmee...CONFIRM louder from outside...try in basement car park slow to moderate pick up with your windows down and find a car park ramp/slope with walls on both sides...very obvious difference compared to pre-simota..best is to get a friend to drive it past you while you stand by the road side or at bus stop...try leh...cant wait to hear from you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet88limited
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back