Sounds of Simota

Re: Sounds of Simota

i tried to ask my wife to do it but she is not keen. even if she does, i doubt she dare to rev. ha

video is one thing...but you still dont get to hear it in person right...the best is still to hear it for yourself!!

i suggest a mod for you to fully enjoy the sound...

Remove your windshield. confirm loud!

last night wind down window to hear the sound.

no doubt it is loud but once a while can still hear the 4 pot stock engine. (some say like taxi). ha

sszone >>
Whaddup bruddah??! i've got da same ride and juz checked out poh seng juz now. 480 bucks for a simota air intake ah bruddah... prolly gona fix it tomorrow. How's it goin so far? BAGUS?? NO BAGUS? let me know aite?

forget abt the simota bro...i bet u haven't had leon of poh seng had a look at your air intake box. simota sounds good and looks good but not that efficient for our model. i ended up with a hurricane pod filter with carbon fibre heat shield. i spent 300+ for my new filter with piping and abt 200+ for the monster air charger....leon threw in free piping to replace the old piping for my superione. anyway, i feel its not cheap down there but they do the job well and fast and they are the nearest to my office...hehe

izhar>> 480 sounds a bit too ex for simota...the simota for e46 318 costs around 380-440 depending where...and stocks were really hard to get the past 3 months...if yours is e36 im not sure about the price but shouldnt it be about the same as e46?? just for your info!

its costs abt 400 with installation when i last enquired from fongkim. anyway, poh seng gets their simota from them so i guess its 80 bucks for the labour.
it will take 2-3 weeks for arrival. can forget abt ordering in JB, Gc motorsports there quoted me RM1200 and 1 month waiting time when i last enquired.

THANK YOU AH BRADDERS!!!
almost hooked it up today. the filter which i intended to fix is as the pic below. Leon said this one can fix to my E36. HEEEEEENNGG i nv fix today. Thanks for ur contribution guys. Appreciate it. Wanna fix the Carbon Aero Form Intake System...but hearing frm the comments macam long story like dat ah. Must order, wait for some time then only fix it up. Any reccomendations or not ppl for my sexy wife? Wanna change the way she moans when i step on the accelerator. Air Filter for a start. My budget is 500 or less.... Peace Bradders!!

i still think you should get the aero form carbon intake...good sound lah shiok feeling...but just make sure your dont overpay...and labour should only be 20-30 bucks...

this CAI, if connected properly with a hose that routes cold air, will get gains in low end...

but its not as loud as a open cone filter...which will affect low end torque, at the expense of better high end..

if u want performance, stick to the stock airbox...its well engineered...
but if u wan growling sound, get the open cone CF one

izhar81;150563 said:
THANK YOU AH BRADDERS!!!
almost hooked it up today. the filter which i intended to fix is as the pic below. Leon said this one can fix to my E36. HEEEEEENNGG i nv fix today. Thanks for ur contribution guys. Appreciate it. Wanna fix the Carbon Aero Form Intake System...but hearing frm the comments macam long story like dat ah. Must order, wait for some time then only fix it up. Any reccomendations or not ppl for my sexy wife? Wanna change the way she moans when i step on the accelerator. Air Filter for a start. My budget is 500 or less.... Peace Bradders!!

hi bro, this is the one i am having now, just that mine's hurricane or whatever the stupid sticker on it says...haha
as for the simota, i was talking the carbon aero intake.....asked quite a few workshops, all commented that will lose out on low end....
anyway, i dun hear any moaning from my current setup....not recommend if u are really hungry for moaning from your wifey....haha
anyway, that thing cost abt 350 at leon's.....dun let him rip u off...hehe

How abt E60 does simota has any model for the E60.

OT: i have a Simota CAi for sale at $230. Just cleaned air filter last service. Its for E46 318/320i.

End OT.

would like to check with you guys, can the Simota air intake (the one looks like GruppeM design) filter element change to KNN? some say can, some say cant.

appreciate all your feedback.

in_fiber03.jpg

what are the gains if u do that? if it is not significant..then no point. so far i am happy with my simota stock.

but if u can show that there are gains in changing to KNN, i dun mind changing too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back