Squeaking from rear driver wheel

stefman

My E92 335 seems to have a bird in the rear driver's side wheel. Sometimes when cornering or even driving straight, it'll sound like a squeaking sound (maybe 2 or 3 times) and then it stops.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? No time to go to PML to have them look at it.

Thanks,

Re: Squeaking from rear driver wheel

stefman;427492 said:
My E92 335 seems to have a bird in the rear driver's side wheel. Sometimes when cornering or even driving straight, it'll sound like a squeaking sound (maybe 2 or 3 times) and then it stops.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? No time to go to PML to have them look at it.

Thanks,

Hi,
I have the same problem....checked by BVO, due to brake pad. I even went to the extend to remove the handbrake drum to check if something is rubbing inside. Ah Wee did some polishing on my brake pad and the sound was gone BUT not for long, after about a few weeks, it returned again....%#$$@#$.

It only happened after a long drive and it's ok when cold. Only happened intermittently. Could hear it clearly when in basement carpark.

I will live with it until my stock pad is worn out, then I will change to non-oem GREED pad for lesser brake dust...

i had this problem too. but after rotor and brake pad changed after 50k servicing, all sound are gone. if outside workshop, perhaps try other oem brake pads.

hi guys, you will need to bed-in your brakes, especially after you have changed the pads or rotors.

there are countless reference articles on the internet on bedding in brakes. go take a read.

nothing wrong with your brakes, and don't spend $$$ unnecessarily, esp not at PML.

i had the same "bird" in the rear wheels. it was explained that it was due to the rear drum brakes.
if you're parked at a slope and the handbrake applied, the car would be rolled back or forward by a tiny bit. the squeaking comes from the brakes biting.
\this was explained by the SA at PML, so don't waste $$. it's really not that bad, if you know where it's from.

ray

It seems like there are alot of people faced with this problem. I have sent in twice to "fix" the problem. It's back again. I am going back in on 24th Feb.

The creaking sounds are very obvious in basement carparks and on low acceleration. Coming from the rear it seems.

xcde;520716 said:
It seems like there are alot of people faced with this problem. I have sent in twice to "fix" the problem. It's back again. I am going back in on 24th Feb.

The creaking sounds are very obvious in basement carparks and on low acceleration. Coming from the rear it seems.
The last few times, they took out my break pad and cleaned it.

stefman;427492 said:

Thanks,

same here, am driving the E89 z4..

cheers

stevenwu;427585 said:
Hi,
I have the same problem....checked by BVO, due to brake pad. I even went to the extend to remove the handbrake drum to check if something is rubbing inside. Ah Wee did some polishing on my brake pad and the sound was gone BUT not for long, after about a few weeks, it returned again....%#$$@#$.

It only happened after a long drive and it's ok when cold. Only happened intermittently. Could hear it clearly when in basement carpark.

I will live with it until my stock pad is worn out, then I will change to non-oem GREED pad for lesser brake dust...

Hi Steven,

thanks for the info...................

cheers

xcde;520717 said:
The last few times, they took out my break pad and cleaned it.
its a very common problem after switching to after market rims. not sure why. CSA explained to me but it was too technical, couldnt quite get it. but he assured its not an issue and does not void warranty. try switching back to OEM rims and u will see that the sound disappears

guys,
my fren have this problem also. the sound is so loud that other ppl will look at u.

i also read up from the other forum abt bedding the brake pads.
does it helps??

btw this sound only happen when she changed her rims to 19" replica.

Is there any 1 that encounter this problem and solve it??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pwin777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back