Summary of Aftermarket ECUs / Controllers

Re: Summary of Aftermarket ECUs / Controllers

rex7_vtec said:
Is that a butt feel or there is a proven figure?

haha...i know why you are asking!! Can you PM to me the response you got?

WT, thankz for compiling the information, although I have no intention to adopt any of the mod, it is very informative and make me understand the engine mechanism much better.

Whisky_Tango said:
Dear all

The topic on ECU remapping or tuning for more engine power has been discussed so many times in this forum such that those useful information are scattered about.

I took the initiative to gather these info together as well as recent discussion on Apexi AFC Select and put them down here so that anyone at anytime can access it for information.

Attached Word document explains the differences of ECUs and its effects on tuning, etc...

Hope everyone finds this useful and enriching.

If you spotted any mistakes or would like to contribute information, you are most welcome to do so.

I kindly request this thread to be free from off topic so that objective discussions can come to a point for updating.

Yours truly,
Eric Neo

Bro, paiseh..paiseh, but i can't find the link to open leh..where is it ah?

SL2 said:
Bro, paiseh..paiseh, but i can't find the link to open leh..where is it ah?

Bro, you are on the 1st page 1st post. I have revised the document and reposted in the 3rd page last post. Hope you can find it now.

Whisky_Tango said:
Bro, you are on the 1st page 1st post. I have revised the document and reposted in the 3rd page last post. Hope you can find it now.

Ok! Thanks bro..will look it up!

Let me just say this once and for all... DMS is good stuff! Worth every cent I spent on the tuning. Now I am really happy like a bird!

MRacer77 said:
Let me just say this once and for all... DMS is good stuff! Worth every cent I spent on the tuning. Now I am really happy like a bird!

Dun mind pls share what this DMS is (other than Flash Type) and what did the the tuner remap. So tat I can update the the document.

Thanks...

Whisky_Tango said:
Dun mind pls share what this DMS is (other than Flash Type) and what did the the tuner remap. So tat I can update the the document.

Thanks...
not quite sure what they remapped. will check and let you know. but I do know this, they remapped the fuel map, the ignition timing, the double vanos timing and even the SMG shift map. Will reconfirm and let you know.l

mattpinky said:
so when can 1 get DMS from and how much didit cost?
the guy comes in to tune from UK every month... if you want, I will let you know when he is next coming in.... can PM me your car details like make and model?

MRacer77 said:
not quite sure what they remapped. will check and let you know. but I do know this, they remapped the fuel map, the ignition timing, the double vanos timing and even the SMG shift map. Will reconfirm and let you know.l

Any updates Des...........

Can somebody advise if OBIT is better or HI-OP... (matter of personal opinion noted)

TIA

Newredbug said:
Can somebody advise if OBIT is better or HI-OP... (matter of personal opinion noted)

TIA

Ya, will be good to include BMS in the comparison too....thanks.

Peterpan said:
Ya, will be good to include BMS in the comparison too....thanks.

Bro, BMS is a new Tuning company or U meant DMS???

:lol2:

'The Great White'

here's my FR - I recently installed OBIT II - dynoed and tuned last week by BVO..i have to say its very good so far ! peak hp is 219 on my 330i (e46) smg, so reckon a gain of about 20hp+. :-"

On HIOP - never done before, so cant comment (hear its a download so doubt if its tuneable)

Anyone else done obit II on the 318 valvetronic? How is is compared to Obit I?

yo....obit II how much?

Rastaman said:
here's my FR - I recently installed OBIT II - dynoed and tuned last week by BVO..i have to say its very good so far ! peak hp is 219 on my 330i (e46) smg, so reckon a gain of about 20hp+. :-"

On HIOP - never done before, so cant comment (hear its a download so doubt if its tuneable)

Bro, U must quote '219rwhp' .....if not all think your car dam weak.......cos paper states 231bhp for 330 at crank....kekekeke

Congrats!!

Time to go for the 365bhp kit liao!!!

:lol2:

'The Great White'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whiteislandcharter
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back