Summary of Aftermarket ECUs / Controllers

Re: Summary of Aftermarket ECUs / Controllers

Leean said:
Anyone else done obit II on the 318 valvetronic? How is is compared to Obit I?

Nope....ObitII not for 318 valvetronic yet......

Anyway new gadget for all bimmers with 'fly-by-wire' throttle available in mid-Jan!!!!!

U'll be amazed!!

So far we've tried it on E46(including 318 valvetronic), E39, E60 & E90!!!

And the 6 cars immediately wanted it....but too bad it's back installed into my car liao.....

:twisted:

Waiting to test on E85 7ers, 6ers, X5, X3 & Z4!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

His car cannot urgrade soo much la! You forgot its a SSG ah? Sure got problem one.
219rwhp is very good man! VEry consistent with other 330s with Obit2 installed.

wilman2772 said:
Bro, U must quote '219rwhp' .....if not all think your car dam weak.......cos paper states 231bhp for 330 at crank....kekekeke

Congrats!!

Time to go for the 365bhp kit liao!!!

:lol2:

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
but too bad it's back installed into my car liao.....

Cheers

'The Great White'

What you put this time, doing things behind my back again!! Wanna surprise me again is it?

BlackStealth said:
His car cannot urgrade soo much la! You forgot its a SSG ah? Sure got problem one.

Read about this too. You mean those guys haven't gotten this resolved?

BlackStealth said:
What you put this time, doing things behind my back again!! Wanna surprise me again is it?

Agree. Good thing must share.

wilman2772 said:
Bro, U must quote '219rwhp' .....if not all think your car dam weak.......cos paper states 231bhp for 330 at crank....kekekeke

Congrats!!

Time to go for the 365bhp kit liao!!!

:lol2:

'The Great White'

Ooops... oh yeah that 219rwhp !!

365bhp...yes master, coming soon !! will confirm latest by end feb. hehe ..

wilman2772 said:

Anyway new gadget for all bimmers with 'fly-by-wire' throttle available in mid-Jan!!!!!

U'll be amazed!!

And the 6 cars immediately wanted it....but too bad it's back installed into my car liao.....

Cheers

'The Great White'

What is this new toy? Can share more details?

wilman2772 said:

U'll be amazed!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

Err..how come its back in YOUR car ??? Anyway guys i tried this new 'gadget' too...very good especially for 1st gear launch ..would also be great for super fast illegal U-turns but be careful ya later kena e kerbs dun say i didnt warn u !! swee swee

Des - whats SSG ? or u mean SMG ??

Rastaman said:
Err..how come its back in YOUR car ??? Anyway guys i tried this new 'gadget' too...very good especially for 1st gear launch ..would also be great for super fast illegal U-turns but be careful ya later kena e kerbs dun say i didnt warn u !! swee swee

Bro share leh. Don't keep good stuff to yourself oso. PM me the details please.

Opps, SMG I mean. Don't know whether they solved the problem with the hydraulic lock up or not.

Share leh. what is this thing??? hahahaha Some more good for launch type!!

Rastaman said:

Newredbug said:
Can somebody advise if OBIT is better or HI-OP... (matter of personal opinion noted)

TIA

Any input from experts?

Peterpan said:
Any input from experts?

Listen to the experts at BMW who designed your predominantly street driven car and trust the balance they have found for you.

happy lunar new year and wish you a prosperous year ahead to all....thanks for the information..eric. ....very heavy stuff for me, who is finally wanting to get more vroom after all these years with beamers....this forum is a great influence - good or bad? no answer....this may be an old question and would appreciate it if anyone could direct me to the right place to find the answer.........this over a year old 318i -it's my third -comes with the m3 accessories except the gear box and pedals....a package from performance more than a year ago.

what i like to do having read your articles....to get more "vroom" from the
car. what are the things i should consider? i dun know much about cars.........thanx

Hi Faber

Happy Prosperous New Year!

From your description, a year plus old 318i.... its not easy to extract power from this 4 potter engine and given its additional valvetronic system. Having said that, tuners are still finding ways to re-map the stock ECU Targets for more power. This task is almost impossible(correct me if Im wrong) less the whole ECU is replaced by a Standalone ECU but then again the tuner must know the characteristic of the engine by the tip of the fingers else alot of troubleshooting and back to workshop time.

Theres so many things to look at when tuning, compression ratio, fuel pressure, duty cycle, air-fuel mixture, ignition timings, valvetronic system.....

So again the question is how much power you desire at of the day and whether you are looking for a one off power or reliable power.

Im not any tuner or expert in modding, just interested in knowing technicalities of a modern engine.

Cheers!
Eric

i know dms can tune m3s, but can anyone pls give feedback on obit2 installed on s54? cheers!

faber;89438 said:
happy lunar new year and wish you a prosperous year ahead to all....thanks for the information..eric. ....very heavy stuff for me, who is finally wanting to get more vroom after all these years with beamers....this forum is a great influence - good or bad? no answer....this may be an old question and would appreciate it if anyone could direct me to the right place to find the answer.........this over a year old 318i -it's my third -comes with the m3 accessories except the gear box and pedals....a package from performance more than a year ago.

what i like to do having read your articles....to get more "vroom" from the
car. what are the things i should consider? i dun know much about cars.........thanx
hi, is yours the 2.0L 16V E46 ME9?
If so, there is obd2 tuning available for you

adliz;89518 said:
i know dms can tune m3s, but can anyone pls give feedback on obit2 installed on s54? cheers!

there must be a reason why previous adopters of obit2 are selling their piggybacks in the classified pages now that a DME reflash is available from the same site sponsor.

Whisky_Tango;89443 said:
Hi Faber

Happy Prosperous New Year!

From your description, a year plus old 318i.... its not easy to extract power from this 4 potter engine and given its additional valvetronic system. Having said that, tuners are still finding ways to re-map the stock ECU Targets for more power. This task is almost impossible(correct me if Im wrong) less the whole ECU is replaced by a Standalone ECU but then again the tuner must know the characteristic of the engine by the tip of the fingers else alot of troubleshooting and back to workshop time.

Theres so many things to look at when tuning, compression ratio, fuel pressure, duty cycle, air-fuel mixture, ignition timings, valvetronic system.....

So again the question is how much power you desire at of the day and whether you are looking for a one off power or reliable power.

Im not any tuner or expert in modding, just interested in knowing technicalities of a modern engine.

Cheers!
Eric
after checking with tuners in the States, I'd have to agree with Eric... Obd2 tuning could yield marginal increases... you'd be better off with a SuperCharger/Obd2 tuning combo from Atlanta

Crufty Dusty;31676 said:
However you can't cheat the ECU and tune that out because the ECU will prevent that (like a "limp home" mode).

Does this mean that the OBIT2 piggybacks will on random occasion have the ECU dropping in the 'limp mode'?

I need to upgarde my ECU in Spore, any reference? Application is for '91 e34 m5

Thanks,
Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noblehospitals
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back