superchips from racetech

ho2786

Banned.
hi bros

i came upon an advertisement a magazine about superchips from a local company called racetech in sin ming.

they claimed 10-30 % up in power and torque.

anyone here tried that ? any reviews ?

cheers
ho

Re: superchips from racetech

isnt this a piggyback ecu?..hmmm...

I think this reflash your ECU completely. But I was told this process is reversible.

bmw3er;165535 said:
I think this reflash your ECU completely. But I was told this process is reversible.

Correct - easy to install and uninstall the ECU mapping. The handheld unit is now called Bluefin. I just bought one for my '04 X5 3.0d. The car appear to be smoother and a lot more power over 2500rpm. The expected gain is about 40bhp on top but who can tell unless you go for a diagnostic test. Let me know if you need more information. Probably a worthwhile expense if you have money to burn. LOL.

membakut2002;467119 said:
Correct - easy to install and uninstall the ECU mapping. The handheld unit is now called Bluefin. I just bought one for my '04 X5 3.0d. The car appear to be smoother and a lot more power over 2500rpm. The expected gain is about 40bhp on top but who can tell unless you go for a diagnostic test. Let me know if you need more information. Probably a worthwhile expense if you have money to burn. LOL.

Wow! U actually bought 1 for your own use. Was told such gadget is real expansive, usually only workshop guy would buy it. How much u paid for it? Pls PM me. Tx

Hi, The Bluefin unit is only useful for the car that you upload and get the remapped download data from Superchips. Have a look at http://www.superchips.co.uk Superchips optimise the performance of your car, helping to maximise your driving pleasure.. You can't use it for another car. The mapping is specific to the car that you register with Superchips. Costing NZ$1250 here. Before Bluefin handheld unit was available, it would normally require a Superchips dealer to do the ECU upload mapping for your car.

membakut2002;467234 said:
Hi, The Bluefin unit is only useful for the car that you upload and get the remapped download data from Superchips. Have a look at http://www.superchips.co.uk Superchips optimise the performance of your car, helping to maximise your driving pleasure.. You can't use it for another car. The mapping is specific to the car that you register with Superchips. Costing NZ$1250 here. Before Bluefin handheld unit was available, it would normally require a Superchips dealer to do the ECU upload mapping for your car.

Tx for the info! Very helpful. Cheers

Found this article which may be of interest,

There are many of these engine tuning units for sale second hand at apparent bargain prices however be very careful if you are considering buying one. The Bluefin unit 'locks' itself to the car on which it was first used and it can’t be used one any other car unless Superchips re-set it.
I checked the cost for this yesterday (5th Aug 2009) with Superchips. If you are not the original owner the unit will cost £280.60 to re-set including return carriage from superchips (but excluding cost of sending it to them). It’s cheaper if the original owner has the re-set done (£173.65) but Superchips wont do it at this price unless you can prove you are the original owner.
Many people selling these things 'forget' to mention the requirement to re-set. Even the guys who do mention it quote misleading costs (typically £100 - £150). The true cost of re-setting means that the second hand unit is of very little or no value unless it’s already been re-set. You may be able to save a few quid overall if you can get one second hand for £20. Even so if spending over £300 I’d rather spend an extra £50 and get a brand new unit with full warrantee etc.
Buyer beware, do your homework before buying.

I wonder how much it costs to install a Super Chip on a E60. Anyone from Race Tech here? :)

heavymetal;471652 said:
I wonder how much it costs to install a Super Chip on a E60. Anyone from Race Tech here? :)

Check it out on Superchips - Superchips optimise the performance of your car, helping to maximise your driving pleasure. assuming that they will sell you one or you can get a contact in UK to buy and send to you. The price varies on the type of car you have but the Bluefin unit is the same. Personally, I don't think there is any support needed and it is straightforward to install the ECU remapping - idiot proof.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back