Terrible Singtel 3G Coverage

Re: Terrible Singtel 3G Coverage

sagetan;909454 said:
Yup.
Strongly agreed with you that Singtel 3G suck big time at Beach road area. Especially at the open area between Gateway East and West.

I am staying there nearby. High floor. Singtel and starhub both have problems. When i escalated, they started saying its building problem and ask precisely what time did it happen. Sigh... How to say " most of the time"

All the 3 telcos suck, period.

Why they reduce the package from 12Gb to 2Gb, becos people complain...works exactly like you know who.

Btw can try look at the number of complaints @ Singtel facebook page...

hoks;910087 said:
All the 3 telcos suck, period.

Why they reduce the package from 12Gb to 2Gb, becos people complain...works exactly like you know who.

Btw can try look at the number of complaints @ Singtel facebook page...

From what i heard, SingTel will not remove any negative comments from its Facebook post. apparently good or bad comments they let it stay.

M1 and Starhub will delete all incriminating and negative comments. so a better rosy picture is planted to consumers.

all in a day's work.

no right or wrong, but i always think, if a company is not ready for social media, then don't thread the unchartered territory. if start facebook and remove posts from consumers, then it just meant you are not ready.

Those on iPhone cannot do that ......

wt_know;909373 said:
yeah ... when i called support to comprain ... simple answer is switch to 2G
i fk them ... wtf i sign up data 3G plan for?

SH and M1 sucks.

ST still better although not perfect. Like someone said, lesser of the 3 evils.

Personal experience.

keithloke;910138 said:
From what i heard, SingTel will not remove any negative comments from its Facebook post. apparently good or bad comments they let it stay.

M1 and Starhub will delete all incriminating and negative comments. so a better rosy picture is planted to consumers.

all in a day's work.

no right or wrong, but i always think, if a company is not ready for social media, then don't thread the unchartered territory. if start facebook and remove posts from consumers, then it just meant you are not ready.

singtel even bother reply standard answer to some of the post lolz

singtel facebook house rule
https://www.facebook.com/notes/singtel/singtel-facebook-house-rules/10151923986895154

funny how come no one complain to IDA ?

Last edited by a moderator:

animian;910238 said:
singtel even bother reply standard answer to some of the post lolz

funny how come no one complain to IDA ?

No use also. Left hand right hand. Like LTA and SMRT. Brother brother. Or father mother. I also blur.

Red_Bean_Bun;910213 said:
Those on iPhone cannot do that ......

iphone 3gs/4/4s - turn off "Enable 3G", the phone will be 2G

only iphone5 minimum 3G and enable/disable LTE and support ask cust to off LTE as LTE coverage is limited LMAO

For all I know,

I'm on Stinktel and it's probably the best because
Starfug your 3G connection very intermittent, you lucky you get and it stays contant until the next day, you at the same spot, cannot get 3G reception , don't ask your stinktel friend to open up his hotspot (I get this a lot)
For M1, don't say, they really follow their motto, you literally have to be "Under The Sun"

See response from Ida regarding a complaint I made abt Singtel. I eventually did not take their offer for free plan upgrade as I bought a new phone and took the same plan but I pay for it of course. Having said that I am still suffering poor coverage.

We refer to your feedback dated 29 September and we apologise for the delay in our response.

3G coverage has been made available in the tunnels and underground stations of the North-South and East-West MRT lines since July 2011. However, there may still be some blind spots or areas with poor coverage due to the inherent nature of wireless technology.
With regard to mobile broadband, we would like to also share that mobile broadband speeds depend on several factors, such as the mobile equipment that you are using and the bandwidth it supports, the websites and servers you are accessing, types of applications used, radio conditions, level of congestion on the Internet, as well as the site conditions (e.g., in-building surfing experience may be affected by building structures which may cause radio frequency signal loss). Currently, IDA has not imposed any Quality of Service (QoS) standards for mobile broadband services. Nonetheless, IDA is closely monitoring the quality of mobile broadband service and consumer feedback. We are also exploring ways to require operators to improve the quality of service and how they can better inform customers on the achievable bandwidth speeds. In fact, you may wish to note that IDA has recently announced that local Internet Access Service Providers (IASPs) providing broadband services should measure and publish the typical download speeds that consumers can expect to experience, which will enable consumers to make better-informed choices when selecting their broadband plans. For more information on IDA's announcement, you can refer to the following website (http://www.ida.gov.sg/News%20and%20Events/20110314122636.aspx?getPagetype=20). Given the complexity in measuring broadband speeds, IDA is working with the IASPs to finalise the broad measurement parameters (e.g., type of broadband plans, devices and websites to be covered) and the publication requirements. IDA expects the IASPs to start publishing the typical download speeds by early 2012.
In your case, we understand from SingTel that it has proposed to upgrade your Broadband on Mobile service to 7.2Mbps for a period of 3 months without any additional charge for your consideration.
Should you have any further issues related to the services, please kindly contact SingTel directly.
Thank you.
Best Regards
Kimmi Goh (Ms)
Executive | Corporate Helpdesk | Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
Tel: 6211 0888 | F: 6211 2222 | E: [email protected] | W: www.ida.gov.sg
download

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh ya that reminded me, when I take MRT and train is in tunnel, no signal!

C3P0;910328 said:

how come you never mention when you eating chicken rice at lor 20 also no signal?

***run away***

iltdqd;910351 said:
how come you never mention when you eating chicken rice at lor 20 also no signal?

***run away***
Wheres ur office bro? I call LTA go down.

The whole 3G 4G shit is pointless. If everybody switched to 2G we may have better shared speed. The backhaul is jammed up with all the P2P video streaming and downloads, thanks to shit like PPS all our mothers, grandmothers are at watching soap operas on iPads on the train, in the bus, in Starbucks at the shopping mall. And for the usage density in our shopping malls no way even 5G or 6G will support any of that shit... because the backhaul is still the same freaking thing.

C3P0;910328 said:

yah lor yah lor... esp North East line... i dont bother surf bwm.sg when on train cos i will throw 4s if i try to surf

stinktel cust comprain ... jump ship to ham1
ham1 cust comprain ... jump ship to shudup
shudup cust comprain ... jump ship stinktel

nett-nett ... no one lost cust leh .... :lol2:

With this extent of poor coverage, and IDA still thinks that Singapore is 99% covered!

I forgot to update everyone here.

A few weeks back, a CS rep from Singtel called and apologised for the poor coverage. Upon my persistent probing, he acknowledged that there had been a lot of complaints and that Singtel is working on solutions. He did not elaborate.

At the end, I got $30-40 per month in subscription waived for the next 12 months. Well you see, complaining works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back