The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Last minute heartbreak for Chelsea...and I thought this sorta thing only happens to Arsenal.

Propt:
RIP to the Arsenal fan, but hanging himself is not sad...it's plain stupid.

And STUPID Bendtner went out partying till 4am after the loss!!! pls sell him arsene...

Bendtner sorry for club shenanigans | Latest News | Football News from TEAMtalk

PropT;435134 said:
Sad Story

Arsenal fan hangs himself after Manchester United victory - UEFA Champions League - ESPN Soccernet

An Arsenal fan hung himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said.

Empics

Arsenal lost 3-1 to United in the second leg of their semi-final tie.
Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hanged himself in his Arsenal shirt after the match.

"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.

"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until this morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.

Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Premier League title race early in the season.

Azrielsc;435141 said:
Wah! This one must watch!! :)

Soccer Party Ai Mai ?

PropT;435134 said:
Arsenal lost 3-1 to United in the second leg of their semi-final tie.
Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hanged himself in his Arsenal shirt

Sad Indeed..
To the players, it just another match fought n lost, the million dollars salaries is still gonna be credited in their bank accounts...the parties still come..the broozing and orgies still have.
Sad...very sad ...:errrrrrr:

dpointt;435174 said:
And STUPID Bendtner went out partying till 4am after the loss!!! pls sell him arsene...

Bendtner sorry for club shenanigans | Latest News | Football News from TEAMtalk

Yup dpointt, agree 100%, i was watching Youtube on the next generation of Arsenal's players :cloud9: , Carlos Vela, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere and Samir Nasri and embarassingly enuff, the clips show him (Brendtner) missing many chances set up by these youngsters.

Thanks for the 14 goals but i think it is high time he left.

dpointt;435174 said:

This is just typical British press.

Are players supposed to mope around, gather and lament after a loss? Or hang themselves? It is his free time, he chose to deal with the loss by partying. Understandable for a young bloke. Unless he broke club/training rules, or if he had a training session at 8am the following morning, I really dun see why he should apologise. I think the fans would most definitely understand the need to down 20 pints after a loss like that, being Brit and all....

Since Henry's departure, Arsenal has been playing without a clinical striker. Adebayor is no better than Ahmad Latiff, Van Persie is more of a Dennis Bergkamp than an Ian Wright, Bendtner is at most a Charlie Nicholas..... Perhaps it was the case that Arsene Wenger wanted more emphasis on the midfield-plays that he had one of the most promising midfielders in the BPL - Fabregas, Arshavin, Walcott, Nasri, Rosicky....... hence firing blanks upfront while the inter-twining plays are quite a nice perspective to watch.....

I am quite disappointed with the referees in the Champions' League games. Fletcher should not be sent off by Roberto Rosetti, and yes, Chelsea kenna big time to Tom Henning Ovrebo. Can't say they are kelong, but not the best in referees......

A rough quote from Patrice Evra, playing with Arsenal is like "Man vs babies". When I watched the match, it was such a one sided affair apart from the good possession football played by Arsenal occasionally.
Poor Arsenal..

KWY91;435243 said:
A rough quote from Patrice Evra, playing with Arsenal is like "Man vs babies"..

Sigh.... Red Devil that I am, I still wish the players would not make comments like these, even if it might be true for that particular match. Arsenal can still have a say on where the league title ends up, and comments like these will only incense the Gunners and may just come back to bite Evra...

That said, I thought this snippet from Jim White's article on Yahoo was quite funny....

"...poor Kieran Gibbs, whose stumble had United followers smirkingly speculating that he was wearing John Terry's boots from last year's final...."

Yes, Arsenal can still have a say this Saturday, just dun beat Man Utd at Old Trafford !!! 1-point more and we will be champs !!!

kenntona;436801 said:
Yes, Arsenal can still have a say this Saturday, just dun beat Man Utd at Old Trafford !!! 1-point more and we will be champs !!!

Arsenal beat Man U? At Old Trafford? :roll:

But if they do i'll be :cloud9:

Even Man Utd draw 0-0, they can still celebrate with the crown !!!

I hope Arsenal deny Man U the privilege of celebrating the crown in front of their own fans...hahaha

Jeff and I will be watching the match at some coffee shop. Anyone one else interested?

marklee;436818 said:
I hope Arsenal deny Man U the privilege of celebrating the crown in front of their own fans...hahaha

Yeah man...I hope too !!

I seriously hope you " Lao Sai " on Saturday ...starting 1945hrs for two solid hours ! :nutkick:

SubZero;436982 said:
Jeff and I will be watching the match at some coffee shop. Anyone one else interested?

U sure not at Robinson Walk? Maybe 3rd time lucky? :)

j8833t;436998 said:
Yeah man...I hope too !!

I seriously hope you " Lao Sai " on Saturday ...starting 1945hrs for two solid hours ! :nutkick:

ouch....no matter what there's no denying Man U will be crowned champions for this season.

Azrielsc;437032 said:
U sure not at Robinson Walk? Maybe 3rd time lucky? :)

That place too lucky. You wanna to go? Where are the other kakis?

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS !!!

kenntona;437309 said:
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS !!!

18 times over.... ;)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back