The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

kenntona;675835 said:
That's why Arsenal has a better P&L vs Man Utd !!!

So based on this what's your opinion on Manu listing, is it worth buying?

diablo_728;675842 said:

Depends on what u want.... ROIC or ability to tell ppl that you own a piece of Man U. :goodup:

kenntona;675835 said:
That's why Arsenal has a better P&L vs Man Utd !!!

Unfortunately, being in black now doesnt mean much anymore. Look at the Liverpool game and it was supposed to be blockbuster game but the stadium was hardly full. Fans are slowly deserting the team and rightly so.

Wah lau WTF?
Chelsea signed Mata instead of Arsenal??? whyyyyyyyyy???? :furious:

dash;675882 said:
Wah lau WTF?
Chelsea signed Mata instead of Arsenal??? whyyyyyyyyy???? :furious:

Head their next target is Ah Seng Wengker....

diablo_728 said:
Yesterday's Sunday Times' headline reads "How Singapore wrested Man Utd's US$1 Billion IPO from HK", conveniently forgetting that HKEX does not list loss-making companies? Trash reporting........

I am a Man U fan, but as an investor, I will not touch it. Negative NTA, huge debts and the interest repayments are nuts !!!

etan1 said:
Depends on what u want.... ROIC or ability to tell ppl that you own a piece of Man U.
Ya, that was my initial feel....

dleo said:
Unfortunately, being in black now doesnt mean much anymore. Look at the Liverpool game and it was supposed to be blockbuster game but the stadium was hardly full. Fans are slowly deserting the team and rightly so.
True, but in the red (financially) sure is taxing.

If you wanna study Utd's accounts, you will realise that it has been applying liberal helpings of spin to present the financials in the best possible light. No matter how hard you look at the press release, you still won’t see the word LOSS appearing. Of course, at an operating level, there’s no doubt that this is a truly impressive set of figures, but the fact is that Manchester United only make profits until they make interest payments, as their enormous debts to the banks and hedge funds soak up all the profits from the playing side.

It is clear that United have no problem generating cash. In fact, the club is a veritable cash machine, which is what attracted investors in the first place, and this year they reported an excellent net cash inflow of £104 million. So what do the club spend all that lovely cash on? The answer is interest payments – and lots of them. This year United’s net interest payment was a jaw-dropping £42 million, coming from seven months of interest on bank loans and five months of interest on the bond issued on 29 January. As the interest rate on the bond is higher than the bank loans it replaced, next year’s interest payment will cost even more at around £45 million.

In 2009, the club only made a profit by selling their best player and this has to be a cause for concern for the fans, who will worry that more players will be sold in the future in order to balance the books. Else, they have lost money 4 out of 5 previous years. Bull market.

dleo;675885 said:
Typical Arsenal... want cheap want fresh.

ah leong , ah leong.... mai complain lar.....
come come and sazzport united!!! you will enjoy your weekends better...trust me!!

Why can't Arsnal move faster in the transfer market? Patience wearing thin with Wenger.

marklee;675905 said:
Why can't Arsnal move faster in the transfer market? Patience wearing thin with Wenger.

mark... come in also lar... sazzport united.:thumbsup:

dleo;675145 said:
Bro, wanna watch the game at Modesto's, Elizabeth Hotel?

Bro,
Sorry no reply. I just logged in today. We both would have cried there for Arsenal.

kenntona;675898 said:
Yesterday's Sunday Times' headline reads "How Singapore wrested Man Utd's US$1 Billion IPO from HK", conveniently forgetting that HKEX does not list loss-making companies? Trash reporting........

I am a Man U fan, but as an investor, I will not touch it. Negative NTA, huge debts and the interest repayments are nuts !!!

Ya, that was my initial feel....

True, but in the red (financially) sure is taxing.

If you wanna study Utd's accounts, you will realise that it has been applying liberal helpings of spin to present the financials in the best possible light. No matter how hard you look at the press release, you still won’t see the word LOSS appearing. Of course, at an operating level, there’s no doubt that this is a truly impressive set of figures, but the fact is that Manchester United only make profits until they make interest payments, as their enormous debts to the banks and hedge funds soak up all the profits from the playing side.

It is clear that United have no problem generating cash. In fact, the club is a veritable cash machine, which is what attracted investors in the first place, and this year they reported an excellent net cash inflow of £104 million. So what do the club spend all that lovely cash on? The answer is interest payments – and lots of them. This year United’s net interest payment was a jaw-dropping £42 million, coming from seven months of interest on bank loans and five months of interest on the bond issued on 29 January. As the interest rate on the bond is higher than the bank loans it replaced, next year’s interest payment will cost even more at around £45 million.

In 2009, the club only made a profit by selling their best player and this has to be a cause for concern for the fans, who will worry that more players will be sold in the future in order to balance the books. Else, they have lost money 4 out of 5 previous years. Bull market.

At EBITDA level, ManU looks good but once you include all the amortisations, they look bad.

ManU may become another Leeds :nehnehhh:

Dunno if it is good or bad but I'll be missing this weekend's game against ManU cos travelling.

Fellow gooners (dleo, mark etc) - I'll stop in London sometime next week, but not sure if I have time to squeeze a trip to the stadium. If somehow I can, you want me to get you anything (t-shirts etc)? Don't ask me to get AW autograph!!

highbury;676011 said:
Dunno if it is good or bad but I'll be missing this weekend's game against ManU cos travelling.

Fellow gooners (dleo, mark etc) - I'll stop in London sometime next week, but not sure if I have time to squeeze a trip to the stadium. If somehow I can, you want me to get you anything (t-shirts etc)? Don't ask me to get AW autograph!!

If he hasnt signed anyone till then, can you boo him for me please?

"Arsene knows" should be changed to "Arsene, please go".

If Jon sees this, he will probably say :
Arsenal playing so bad, the shirts on cheap sale - lelong! lelong!

Then I'll buy one for him to wear!!
:dance:

highbury;676042 said:
If Jon sees this, he will probably say :
Arsenal playing so bad, the shirts on cheap sale - lelong! lelong!

Then I'll buy one for him to wear!!
:dance:

Jon Jon Jon.... :goodup:

Noted I will wear the jersey to queentown trade in! Thks...
Hey I m on a united recruitment and gooner convertion drive...:)

Noted I will wear the jersey to queentown trade in! Thks...
Hey I m on a united recruitment and gooner convertion drive...:)

Jon, you should buy an Arsenal jersey for your wife.

dleo;676071 said:
Jon, you should buy an Arsenal jersey for your wife.

this is a dangerous game.....:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back