The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

When you look at the stats, Arsenal was not far behind in attempts on goal and corners. But Man U had the quality in attack (1 shot, 1 goal) and Arsenal's defence was rubbish, non-existent offside trap.

Even if Arsenal had a full squad, I dare not say they would have held Man U. Sadly, things are going to be like that for awhile. No quality player in his right mind would want to sign for Arsenal now...and no current quality Arsenal player would want to re-contract even with higher wages now.

marklee;678008 said:
When you look at the stats, Arsenal was not far behind in attempts on goal and corners. But Man U had the quality in attack (1 shot, 1 goal) and Arsenal's defence was rubbish, non-existent offside trap.

Even if Arsenal had a full squad, I dare not say they would have held Man U. Sadly, things are going to be like that for awhile. No quality player in his right mind would want to sign for Arsenal now...and no current quality Arsenal player would want to re-contract even with higher wages now.

It's disastrous to say the least.

Wenger said we had 8 players out... So whose fault was it? Everyone knows except him that we have such a "thin" squad.

He kept saying we have to give opportunities to the youngster but look what happened to all these players after they had blossomed into world class players & left us in the lurch. When can he ever learn????

marklee;678008 said:

let not forget.. arsenal difficult start to the season..to face liverpool, udinese(away) follow by
united(away)...... cheers mate.

dleo;678010 said:

Wenger said we had 8 players out... So whose fault was it? Everyone knows except him that we have such a "thin" squad.

He kept saying we have to give opportunities to the youngster but look what happened to all these players after they had blossomed into world class players & left us in the lurch. When can he ever learn????

is the season over ............ for arsenal? 3 more days to window close.

Arsenal had 8 players out, but Man Utd did not have the full squad too.

Other than Evra, United had a make-shift defence line in Evans, Jones and Smallings. Hardly the first choice names of Ferdinand, Vidic and Rafael.

Midfield had Anderson and Cleverly, not the likes of Fletcher, Giggs or Carrick. Okay, at the rate they are playing, they will be named as first choice midfielders.

Upfront it was Welbeck who started troubling Arsenal.

Average age wise, both teams were about same.... 23 years !!!

kenntona;678024 said:
Arsenal had 8 players out, but Man Utd did not have the full squad too.

Other than Evra, United had a make-shift defence line in Evans, Jones and Smallings. Hardly the first choice names of Ferdinand, Vidic and Rafael.

Midfield had Anderson and Cleverly, not the likes of Fletcher, Giggs or Carrick. Okay, at the rate they are playing, they will be named as first choice midfielders.

can we beat liverpool?:shakemyb:

Let's be level-headed and let's take one game at a time. Long way to go.

How you define "season over"? If you are talking about winning the BPL, it's impossible. Finishing top 4, highly unlikely. I would take qualifying for Europa as a realistic target for the season...and must finish above Spurs.

dleo;678010 said:

kenntona;678024 said:

AW and SAF love to blood youngsters, and the stats are laid bare to see.
SAF have the edge over AW in terms of younsgters.
the initial batch of fledgings, won a lot, and now this batch.

if u look deeper, Man U's youngsters had leaders off the pitch, winners like Vidic, Ferdinand and Giggs for guidance.
Importance of having leaders in dressing room cannot be understated.

Arsenal's youngsters do not have that.
They didn't have any 'big brothers' to look to, like Man U had.
Their talisman Fabregas and Nasir left, their dressing room atmosphere is a suspect....
and with calls to cull their fatherfigure AW, it must be morale sapping.

no discredit to Man U for their win, but i'm sure these behind-the-scenes issues made an impact.

AW have a goliath to conquer this time. I just hope its not his waterloo.

jonleeck;678013 said:
let not forget.. arsenal difficult start to the season..to face liverpool, udinese(away) follow by
united(away)...... cheers mate.

true, true.

jonleeck;678019 said:
is the season over ............ for arsenal? 3 more days to window close.

I really hope he buys. not as if no money. knn, whack Kaka in la!

jonleeck;678026 said:
can we beat liverpool?:shakemyb:

I'm sure you would love to.
and feeling is mutual.
we will know on 15th Oct.
what a cracker of a game its gonna be!!!!!

Though this season just started, it will be a defining season for Arsenal and AW, the board is not gonna stand by and do nothing, the supporters will be calling for blood. i foresee either AW leaving or he is gonna bring in plenty of QUALITY players next season.

On the competition front, with such a thin squad, i hope the team concentrate on BPL. Currently they don't have the squad to compete/concentrate on so many competitions.

COYG!!!:woowooo:

Arsenal has Liverpool as a textbook example to follow.

Last season, Liverpool was stuck in the bottom of the table until the second half of the season when Kenny Dalglish took over Roy Hodgson. He lost Torres but bought Carroll and Suarez. Liverpool ended 6th on the table.

10 years ago, Arsenal lost 6-1 to Man U at Old Trafford. The following season, Arsenal went on the win the double, with Wiltord scoring at Old Trafford to win the league. 7 players from the same squad that lost that fateful match also went on to form the core team of the Invicibles. I hope history can repeat itself...

Come on you Gunners!

marklee;678076 said:
10 years ago, Arsenal lost 6-1 to Man U at Old Trafford. The following season, Arsenal went on the win the double, with Wiltord scoring at Old Trafford to win the league. 7 players from the same squad that lost that fateful match also went on to form the core team of the Invicibles. I hope history can repeat itself...

Come on you Gunners!

AW may not be around end of 2012-13 season.

:whipper::whipper::whipper::whipper::whipper:

kenntona;678024 said:
.....Average age wise, both teams were about same.... 23 years !!!
But these ManU kids, I heard they all graduated from the same school. The CHARLES XAVIER SCHOOL FOR THE GIFTED!!!! :p

PropT;678046 said:
Though this season just started, it will be a defining season for Arsenal and AW, the board is not gonna stand by and do nothing, the supporters will be calling for blood. i foresee either AW leaving or he is gonna bring in plenty of QUALITY players next season.

On the competition front, with such a thin squad, i hope the team concentrate on BPL. Currently they don't have the squad to compete/concentrate on so many competitions.

COYG!!!:woowooo:

Glory Glory Man United !!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubvip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups