The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Martin Atkinson is Liverpool fan

Lucky win for Man U....only one Goal Difference vs Man City.

All the top teams won last night. Big game for Arsenal tonight. I'm kind of nervous, losing this game will be a big blow.

etan1;688262 said:
Lucky win for Man U....only one Goal Difference vs Man City.

To be honest, we played badly and was lucky to win. There is no protection for the back four by the midfielders. Really need to buck up.

dleo;688289 said:
All the top teams won last night. Big game for Arsenal tonight. I'm kind of nervous, losing this game will be a big blow.

I think it will be fantastic match tonight. Arsenal will need to watch out their ex-striker whom is on form. But i think Arsenal should be able to win tonight.

OptimusWKY;688324 said:
To be honest, we played badly and was lucky to win. There is no protection for the back four by the midfielders. Really need to buck up.

It's been like this for the past many seasons.... We still have not replaced Keano yet.....

etan1;688405 said:
It's been like this for the past many seasons.... We still have not replaced Keano yet.....

agree..sadly cleverly is injured...anderson together with him combined really well in the central in earlier matches..always moving around..statistics show anderson passing was 96% when playing with cleverly..and either likes to track back and break down opponents' counters..

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigh..thought Arteta can replace Fabregas. But Arteta is not even worth Fabregas right butt cheek.

marklee;688452 said:
Sigh..thought Arteta can replace Fabregas. But Arteta is not even worth Fabregas right butt cheek.

The Energy is missing, surprisingy Parker won the battle so easily!
Where arsenal will finish in the end of the season??

Arsenal controlled the game but spurs could win by more than 5 goals.
No hope for arsenal forthe next few seasons. Takes at least few years to rebuild.

hitmee;688460 said:
Arsenal controlled the game but spurs could win by more than 5 goals.
No hope for arsenal forthe next few seasons. Takes at least few years to rebuild.

AW has a proud record. but Aresnal's strict wage and transfer culture has seen too many faces went and not ably replaced.

sigh. i hope Aresnal picks up. they really play good football.
this is a gonna be a challenging season.
why no sign a good goalie?

Arsenal lost because of (1) poor execution (2) fixation with methodology. The playing style did not adapt when they tried to change the game flow - sending Mertesacker up as a striker but refused to pump the long balls to him....... what's the point? Not used to playing long crosses?

The way I see it... Arsenal doesnt have a commanding leader whom everyone looks up to. We need a Viera and it is not found in any of the current players.

marklee;688452 said:

Damn it... we should have gotten Juan Mata... we were so close to get him.

Oh well... Arsenal will finish in mid table this season.

dleo said:
The way I see it... Arsenal doesnt have a commanding leader whom everyone looks up to. We need a Viera and it is not found in any of the current players.
The captain armband was passed to Van Persie from Fabregas. Personalities aside, the departure of Fabregas and Nasri means VP has a lot more to do to motivate the youngsters......

highbury;687913 said:
Don't worry.

St Totteringham Day comes every season. Bloody problem is that every season it comes later and later holding all gooners in suspense.

V.Persie to score again this weekend. You heard it here first.

ahem........... :nehnehhh:

kenntona;688488 said:
The captain armband was passed to Van Persie from Fabregas. Personalities aside, the departure of Fabregas and Nasri means VP has a lot more to do to motivate the youngsters......

and to make thing worst, vp is not teary henry.

kenntona;688488 said:

To be honest, I am not sure if they are good leaders though... Dont get me wrong they are fantastic players especially Cesc but they do not possess the leadership that Viera had in the dressing room.

AW gave them the armbard is just to "please" them.

Last edited by a moderator:

dleo said:
To be honest, I am not sure if they are good leaders though... Dont get me wrong they are fantastic players especially Cesc but they do not possess the leadership that Viera had in the dressing room.

AW gave them the armbard is just to "please".
Frankly, Man Utd is having the same issue post Cantona/Keane. Who's taking charge nowadays? Rio? Evra? Giggs? Rooney?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n666in1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back