The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

1-0 is good.... 3 points......:thumbsup:

3-0 is even better... Captain Vantastic is untouchable - 1goal + 2 assists.

dleo;699960 said:

AW gotta thank SAF for the 8-2 game, just as SAF may need to thank RM for the 6-1...:shoot:

What the score at ant field? Yawn!

Congrats to SAF...

To list the greats... at least arguably.... that SAF had produced during his 25ys... btw i supported Manu at the moment i saw their very last game against Westham went they lost the fist title to a mostly respectable Shearer, Colin Henry, can't remember Shearer's parter, the thin guy.... blackburn.

Mark Huges - Damn smelly... but produced the goods, i'm still learning his traits at futsal
Eric Canfona - Who can produce a bigger "Big Game" performance than the King???
Kanchelskis - The wing Giggs never knew off...
Irwin - Who was beckham/evra/P.Neville before him?
Keane - Rightful owner of "Captain Marvel"
Scholes - The "Xavi" who could speak english
Beckham - Till today, who can pinpoint a cross better than this poster boy??
Giggs - Needless to say, other than the hamstring
Ronaldo - What Becham lacked, dribbling, goal ratios, ego, physic... this guy filled it up...
Ruud - Utd never had a more natural striker
Ole - Best sub ever, and w/o doubt
York/Cole - Though 2nd best to Del Piero/Inzaghi, they were more effective. truly the most understood pair of strike partners Utd ever knew.
Schmeichael - To beat an "Italian" Kepper like Peruzzi, that has to take a hell of alot.

My vote however goes to the Pallister & Bruce pairing. These 2 were the true "Rock:. Forget the performances from the famed David May / Inter Milan game or the many from Ronny Johnsen.
The rest worth mentioning... Ole... Sharpe.... Butt.... Rio... Berg... Fortune...Stam (Would have been one of my fav)...

The understanding of the 98/99 team, the way the Manu-Arse games were always played at that fantastic pace, would always be the best of my memories.... last but not least least... the 2x 3-3 draws with FC Barcelona. That was by far the epitome of euro soccer to me at that time.

And now the worst of my memorizes...

When can one recall the last lime a midfielder single-handedly unlocked Manu's midfield like Edgar Davids??

Or when can one recall an opponents striker easily take 3 out of 3 chances against us like Ronaldo? Granted he was at the time the worlds best.

The worst.... Not he period where we had to suffer a 6-3 seat to Southampton and 5-0 rot Newcastle... but when we had Blanc and Veron... that was pure shit man....

But respect goes to Davids.... Watch the game against Juve again... Every single central midfielder's game. Tackle, win the ball, distribute, and most importantly, get the return. First time I saw Scholes and Keane totally destroyed. The beads in his hair played a part i reckon, if not his goggles.

Carcinogenic;700154 said:

When can one recall the last lime a midfielder single-handedly unlocked Manu's midfield like Edgar Davids??

Or when can one recall an opponents striker easily take 3 out of 3 chances against us like Ronaldo? Granted he was at the time the worlds best.

The worst.... Not he period where we had to suffer a 6-3 seat to Southampton and 5-0 rot Newcastle... but when we had Blanc and Veron... that was pure shit man....

But respect goes to Davids.... Watch the game against Juve again... Every single central midfielder's game. Tackle, win the ball, distribute, and most importantly, get the return. First time I saw Scholes and Keane totally destroyed. The beads in his hair played a part i reckon, if not his goggles.

What abt gattuso when he was with ac Milan? He destroy us 2 yrs in a row!

Carcinogenic;700149 said:
Congrats to SAF...

To list the greats... at least arguably.... that SAF had produced during his 25ys... btw i supported Manu at the moment i saw their very last game against Westham went they lost the fist title to a mostly respectable Shearer, Colin Henry, can't remember Shearer's parter, the thin guy.... blackburn.

Mark Huges - Damn smelly... but produced the goods, i'm still learning his traits at futsal
Eric Canfona - Who can produce a bigger "Big Game" performance than the King???
Kanchelskis - The wing Giggs never knew off...
Irwin - Who was beckham/evra/P.Neville before him?
Keane - Rightful owner of "Captain Marvel"
Scholes - The "Xavi" who could speak english
Beckham - Till today, who can pinpoint a cross better than this poster boy??
Giggs - Needless to say, other than the hamstring
Ronaldo - What Becham lacked, dribbling, goal ratios, ego, physic... this guy filled it up...
Ruud - Utd never had a more natural striker
Ole - Best sub ever, and w/o doubt
York/Cole - Though 2nd best to Del Piero/Inzaghi, they were more effective. truly the most understood pair of strike partners Utd ever knew.
Schmeichael - To beat an "Italian" Kepper like Peruzzi, that has to take a hell of alot.

My vote however goes to the Pallister & Bruce pairing. These 2 were the true "Rock:. Forget the performances from the famed David May / Inter Milan game or the many from Ronny Johnsen.
The rest worth mentioning... Ole... Sharpe.... Butt.... Rio... Berg... Fortune...Stam (Would have been one of my fav)...

The understanding of the 98/99 team, the way the Manu-Arse games were always played at that fantastic pace, would always be the best of my memories.... last but not least least... the 2x 3-3 draws with FC Barcelona. That was by far the epitome of euro soccer to me at that time.

Chris sutton

Carcinogenic;700154 said:

He is a predator......

SAF tried to get Edgar Davids before... But was not successful. Do you see resemblence of Anderson ---- Davids? Sort, stocky, hair can bead...... Kuai-LAN face.......:laughing:

etan1;700185 said:
SAF tried to get Edgar Davids before... But was not successful. Do you see resemblence of Anderson ---- Davids? Sort, stocky, hair can bead...... Kuai-LAN face.......:laughing:

If you are talking about KL face, I used to hate Paul Ince.

dleo;699960 said:

Bro, we seem to have started to gain some momentum. Pity this international break will interrupt it. I hope RVP comes back safely.

highbury;700613 said:
If you are talking about KL face, I used to hate Paul Ince.

charlie...? :shoot:

etan1;700658 said:
charlie...? :shoot:

Charlie Nicholas or George?

Anyway, from an outside view, I think that over the years, the ManU player that had the biggest presence would be Cantona.

That guy always had an attitude ...
and a great flying kick to match!!!

highbury said:
Anyway, from an outside view, I think that over the years, the ManU player that had the biggest presence would be Cantona.

That guy always had an attitude ...
and a great flying kick to match!!!
Hello !!! My nick-sake.................

:woowooo::woowooo::woowooo: new kiddo....

Highly-rated PSV Eindhoven prospect Andreas Pereira has confirmed he will join Manchester United in the New Year.

PA Photos
Andreas Pereira visited Old Trafford
Pereira, 15, has represented Belgium at youth level and agreed a deal to move to Old Trafford in 2012, despite interest from other clubs in the Premier League and around Europe.

The Brazilian-born midfielder revealed that a one-on-one chat with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson played a key role in his decision.

"I knew that PSV had given me my chance, but Manchester United is obviously a great club," Pereira told VoetbalPrimeur. "Other British clubs were interested. I thought about it, but Manchester United is a dream club for me.

"I have been a few times to Manchester United to have a look. I got a tour and spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson. Being a 15-year-old and being able to talk with him is great!"

PSV signed Pereira from Belgian side Lommel United, after he moved to Belgium as a youngster. He is widely regarded as one of the finest players in his age group in Europe.

Suresh charged by FA for slur.....

JT next?

Van Pussy is on a hot form... Congrats Arsenal...

Dun care, hope Newcastle beat Man City !!!

Haiz...... Newcastle cannot make it!
Let hope the gap remain at 5 after tonight game!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back