The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Good weekend ... unless your're a liverpool, chelsea or spurs fan.

Watched the Arsenal game at River View Hotel. The Liverpool fan club. The whole place fell silent when RVP scored except for me shouting. Lucky to make it to my car alive after that. :dance:
Now we can gun in for spurs.

Giggs damn kelong back pass in the Manu game last night. I think he wanna help spurs goal difference.

Its gonna straight fight between ManU and City for 1st place now.
Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea fighting for the two remaining Champions league places

highbury;765306 said:
Good weekend ... unless your're a liverpool, chelsea or spurs fan.

Watched the Arsenal game at River View Hotel. The Liverpool fan club. The whole place fell silent when RVP scored except for me shouting. Lucky to make it to my car alive after that. :dance:
Now we can gun in for spurs.

Giggs damn kelong back pass in the Manu game last night. I think he wanna help spurs goal difference.

Its gonna straight fight between ManU and City for 1st place now.
Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea fighting for the two remaining Champions league places

harlow.... bro! i no kelong lar..901 games for united u know!!!
our back 4 sit too deep! i expect evan to be closer to me................ hazi..........

kenntona;765277 said:
Nothing wrong with him, but if you read the players' body languages, it appears that they did not support him. We saw the same behaviour before Ancelotti's departure.

Chelsea has struggled to retain coaches under Abramovich. Claudio Ranieri was dismissed in May 2004 in his fourth season and replaced by Mourinho, who won the league in two of his three seasons in charge. The Portuguese coach quit after a disagreement with Abramovich, who hired Avram Grant in 2007. Former Brazil and Portugal national team coach Luiz Felipe Scolari started in July 2008, though he didn’t complete a season before being fired and replaced by interim manager Ray Wilkins and then Guus Hiddink. The Dutchman didn’t take the full-time job as he was still overseeing Russia’s national team, and Abramovich brought in Carlo Ancelotti. The Italian, who led Chelsea to the F.A. Cup and Premier League double for the first time in the club’s history, was dismissed in May 2011.

nothing changes much! after JM left...i mean the core(terry ,lan pa, doggie ba, pete check etc) of the chelsea team!.. so if, JM back!
JM will buy a couple of speedy winger! so will chelsea be the force reckon with again???...JM so good meh!!...SAF is GOD liao!

dpointt;765292 said:
get ray wilkins back....

huh, u shave abramovich eye brow har?... bo koh ling lar!

actually, chelski stopped winning silverware after ray wilkins left.........

jonleeck;765319 said:
nothing changes much! after JM left...i mean the core(terry ,lan pa, doggie ba, pete check etc) of the chelsea team!.. so if, JM back!
JM will buy a couple of speedy winger! so will chelsea be the force reckon with again???...JM so good meh!!...SAF is GOD liao!

The players all old Liao..
Must change whole squad. That is benitez forte.

etan1;765371 said:
actually, chelski stopped winning silverware after ray wilkins left.........

under estimated him.

jonleeck;765317 said:
harlow.... bro! i no kelong lar..901 games for united u know!!!
our back 4 sit too deep! i expect evan to be closer to me................ hazi..........

I think I know the reason why. Buaya the ladies too much.
Legs and knees weak already. Bo lat! Kick the ball no strength.

Thats the Giggsy way.

Last edited by a moderator:

But giggsy scores winners.... Last minute type.

etan1;765544 said:
But giggsy scores winners.... Last minute type.

True. Good thing you guys were already 3 up by then so it didnt make much difference. If goalless and he did this, then all of you will be quite pissed.

Wahahaha....Grant gets it right!

Chelsea news
Next manager has it easy - Grant
March 6, 2012
Email Print
By ESPN staff
Avram Grant says it will be "easy" for the man tasked with replacing the axed Andre Villas-Boas at Chelsea, while the former Blues boss called owner Roman Abramovich "a manager's dream".

GettyImages
Avram Grant: Was relegated as manager of West Ham United last season
•No way Jose?
•Vialli questions Di Matteo deal
•Sir Alex shows sympathy
•Villas-Boas is axed

Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed interim manager until the end of the season after Villas-Boas was ousted after only eight months in charge on Sunday.

Poor results and a reported fractious relationship with some of Chelsea's senior players lead to Villas-Boas' downfall, with the Portuguese becoming the seventh manager of the Abramovich era to have been shown the door at Stamford Bridge.

Despite the fact Chelsea are looking for their eighth manager in eight years, Grant, who lead the Blues from September 2007 to May 2008, believes the person given the reins on a permanent basis has nothing to fear, insisting it will not be difficult to do a better job than the sacked Villas-Boas.

"Whoever takes over from Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, now that will be a tough job, almost impossible," Grant said in the Sun. "But it will be much easier to take over Chelsea now than when I did.

"I had to replace Jose Mourinho. He was and still is a massive name at Chelsea - that was tough. The writing was on the wall for Villas-Boas. Football is a game of results and I like to see managers given at least a year. But even after three or four months you can sense the direction in which the team is going.

"When you sign a coach you sign a philosophy. Under Mourinho the team got results. This time results were not good neither was the football and when they happen like that together there is only one outcome."

Russian billionaire owner Abramovich has been heavily criticised for pulling the trigger too readily on his managers, but Grant has defended his previous employer.

"Abramovich is a manager's dream," he said. "When he takes you on he gives you everything you want. He will spend whatever it takes on the facilities you require, he will sign whatever players he can for you.

"We went after Kaka when I was manager but it was impossible. The price was £80 million. He does not say it in words but when you work for him he will do everything for you. Everyone was surprised when Villas-Boas got the job. I like him and worked with him when he was a scout at Chelsea with good ideas and methods.

"Chelsea it is not about training and playing games and then going home, it is about so much more than that. Abramovich does not like sacking managers. But he is passionate about football and as much as he wants stability, if he can see the club is not going in the direction he wants he will act. Even though Arsenal are not getting the best results the club is going in the right direction under Arsene Wenger. Game after game it was not good at Chelsea.

"But is Chelsea so much different to any other club? Look at Mick McCarthy at Wolves. He had proved himself there but still got sacked. All the other Chelsea managers have been sacked when results are on the way down. I was the only one who got sacked when results were improving and that made me very angry with Abramovich.

"But you could not ask for more support when you are the Chelsea manager. He is a positive person. I don't know what he will be deciding now. But every big name in football is possible to manage Chelsea - even Mourinho again."

Grant, now coach at Partizan Belgrade, also revealed that a couple of players had a hand in his Stamford Bridge exit, and warned Abramovich not to undermine the manager's relationship with his players.

He added: "It is dangerous for the owners to listen to the players. They talk when they are angry and there are always a couple of players who are not happy with the coach. At a club like Chelsea with 27 full internationals how do you keep everyone happy? I know of two players who criticised me, not because they were right but because they were angry with me. The owners should not listen to them.

"You have to respect the players but also know how to manage them - it's the same with my wife. It's not what you ask her but when you ask her that's important."

3-nil up before half time got everyone believing that the miracle may indeed come true.

Disappointed with the results but can't fault the team... they truly gave it all. Like Mark, I am proud of the team.

Now let's do it again next season but first we must focus on the league and clinch the 3rd place.

rather 3rd and 4th lar...danny!
get real! both also need to go thr qualiflying.

jonleeck;766726 said:
rather 3rd and 4th lar...danny!
get real! both also need to go thr qualiflying.

3rd place no need to go through qualifying and we must finish above the Spuds.

It was a good fightback for Arsenal against AC. Pity we couldnt get one more.
Now I hope they will build on this spirit and reel in the points for the BPL.

Oh and 3rd place is auto champions league place. 4th place must play qualifier.

So damn sad that the first 3 goals happen during the first half.

If Arsenal can put THREE past AC Milan, I am sure Man City will be afraid now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SolangeShaffer
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back