The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Man Utd was only in second gear, some will say fortunate to beat Arsenal, Wenger says field is terrible..... lee yiu juay kay bar yiu.......

One more game to go !!! Take out Chelsea, and then we can leave the worries to Chelsea and Arsenal to chase.........

Sad to say...I admit Arsenal will never be champions again under Wenger. A 1 dimensional manager with a 1 dimensional squad...so damn frustrating. Still a Gooner forever.

I think the match did not live up to my expectations for a top two clash. Truthfully, the Spurs-Chelsea game was more exciting.

All Manu fans having Nasri Lemak for breakfast today :dance:

Anyway. onto to the match.
I guess on the balance Manu got the goal so they won the game. They chased better and closed down open spaces leaving no room for the Gunners creative flair to sparkle. Arsenal never really got firing and didn't have that many good chances.

Evra still has some way to go towards pissing me off compared to the manu "old birds" of yesteryear, Keano, RVN just to name a few and oh ... not to forget Paul Ince. He is slowly learning and will get there soon.

Its interesting to watch and listen to the partisan crowd chanting "Same 'ol Arsenal, always cheating!" where there were a couple of rough challenges. The irony of it was that they chanted that when Rio Ferdinand did a Kung-Fu kick on Sagna challenging for the ball. I must say the Cantona must have been proud of that flying kick.

Ok Mini Rant over. The real Rant goes to a forum with more latitude.

Congrats to Manu for the win. We'll see you at Ashburton Grove soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

highbury said:
I must say the Cantona must have been proud of that flying kick.
I heard my namesake !!!

I have to agree that it is not even half as exciting as the Spurs-Chelsea game. SAF knew exactly what Arsene will do, so he packed the midfield and close down Nasri and Rosicky. Song is a not a menace at all. Chamakh vs Ferdinand and Vidic....no match at all. Jack Wilshere pales in the presence of Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick. 4-5-1 against 4-5-1, but Arsenal's midfielders are too lightweight, and Chamakh is no Rooney in terms of physical presence. I saw the crosses from Sagna and Clichy, and I know Arsenal is forced out to the flanks, which is totally not their game.

I suspect SAF is more interested in securing a point or three, rather than going all out. Hence it gave a feel of second gear. Berba was on the bench, where he could play a better partner with Rooney against the likes of Squillaci, Koscielny, and Szczesny,

the fact as when wenger play all 3 sub shows he already laid out all his cards! not good enough.
dispite force to attack down the flank, the wingbacks(sagna and clichy) actually afraid to push up too high as they may be out of position.
As for united, the ball in firmly in our court as after 1nil up.
fergie normally change his play at ard 70+mins....but looking at the arsenal team, he is not too worry nor concern dispite wenger bringing on farbegas and rvp.
So he dun even need to make any sub!(unless if arsenal draw level, bebartov will be out).

Sigh..Arsenal is no match for the physical prowess of Drogba nor the tactical superiority of Sir Alex and his squad. Sir Alex knows the formula to keep Arsenal at bay and his squad is very tactically disciplined. Credit to the Man U centre back pairing of Ferdinand and Vidic..they were superb in winning all the headers and the loose balls in the box.

Ferdinand was always first to that ball and Sagna jumped into him...actually not a Man U foul to me..

Though i admit Arsenal didnt deserve to win, we let in a freaking soft goal and never really threatened van der Sar.

marklee;598205 said:
Sigh..Arsenal is no match for the physical prowess of Drogba nor the tactical superiority of Sir Alex and his squad. Sir Alex knows the formula to keep Arsenal at bay and his squad is very tactically disciplined. Credit to the Man U centre back pairing of Ferdinand and Vidic..they were superb in winning all the headers and the loose balls in the box.

Ferdinand was always first to that ball and Sagna jumped into him...actually not a Man U foul to me..

i just have a feeling that arsenal will best chelsea 2weeks later.:shakemyb:

jonleeck;598216 said:

Chelsea maybe down now..but I just don't see Koscielny or Squillaci being able to contain Drogba or Malouda. I hope I'm wrong though..

We need Vermealen back as soon as possible...and need to buy a World Class CB in January..if not I don't see Arsenal at the top of the table come May 2011

As an Arsenal fan credit goes to Manu for this game. They had a game plan and stuck to it. I think Berbatov was left out cos they needed more steel and it worked. Arsenal didn't have a Plan B and their creative flair and slick passing was absent.

Strangely, it seems to be me (maybe I'm blinkered) that there will always be a Manu penalty in these games and especially when at Old Trafford.

Looking at the larger picture, in a way, I'm glad we got this game out of the way. This was the last of the games against the Big teams and all of them had been away. When the second half of the season kicks in, all the big teams will then have to play at the Grove.

Looking forward to that.

jonleeck;598216 said:

marklee;598221 said:
Chelsea maybe down now..but I just don't see Koscielny or Squillaci being able to contain Drogba or Malouda. I hope I'm wrong though..

We need Vermealen back as soon as possible...and need to buy a World Class CB in January..if not I don't see Arsenal at the top of the table come May 2011

I hope Arsenal wins... prefer red to blue...

Arsenal only have 1 way of playing, which is all out attack. Once the opponent manage
to contain them, they will be so done. they have no plan B. They are just like barcelona, a team with one 1 game plan but the difference is that there's hardly a team that can contain barca other than the famous JM when he decides NOT to play footaball against them.

Arsenal needs more speed against man utd.
slow patience build up is meant to play againsr weaker team.

top teams used to play with speed.

man utd (ronaldo, tevez, rooney)
arsenal (thiery henry era)
chelsea (robben, duff)

seems like only spurs has speed now.

hitmee;598497 said:
Arsenal needs more speed against man utd.
slow patience build up is meant to play againsr weaker team.

top teams used to play with speed.

man utd (ronaldo, tevez, rooney)
arsenal (thiery henry era)
chelsea (robben, duff)

seems like only spurs has speed now.

Without a doubt, spurs has very impressive players but are they considered a top team?

etan1;598500 said:
Without a doubt, spurs has very impressive players but are they considered a top team?

may be not, but they are exciting to watch.

etan1 said:
Not top 3, but top 5 for sure.

Instead of looking at their squad, look at their injury list -

Almost the whole first-team defence line.....
Ledley King
Jonathan Woodgate
William Gallas
Younes Kaboul
Vedran Corluka
Michael Dawson (just back)

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Niko Kranjcar
Germaine Jenas
Tom Huddlestone

Not many team can contest and play against Chelsea with virtually the whole defence out......

Then again, look at their strikers..... four first team players !!!

Footballer whose fiance had affair with Terry's brother found hanged
A young goalkeeper hanged himself after his fiance left him for his team mate - who is John Terry's older brother. -AsiaOne

Thu, Dec 16, 2010
AsiaOne

UNITED KINGDOM - Dale Roberts, 24, killed himself after his 25-year-old partner Lindsay Cowen had an affair with his football team-mate Paul Terry.
Paul Terry is also former England football captain John Terry's older brother.

Earlier this year John Terry was caught in a scandal that rocked England where it was revealed that the Chelsea skipper had an affair with the girlfriend of fellow England teammate, Wayne Bridge.

Roberts was found yesterday hanged at his £150,000 (S$310,000) flat he shared with childhood sweetheart Cowen until they split earlier this year.
Friends said Roberts never got over the news that his fiance was seeing Paul, 31, and was unable to face his first Christmas without her, reported British newspaper The Daily Mirror.

Roberts had been due to play for football club Rushden & Diamonds in an FA Cup Trophy replay against his old club Eastwood Town but failed to turn up for the match.

The police said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.

Footballer whose fiance had affair with Terry's brother found hanged

Another case again.

Eh ... Actually Kenntona ... your namesake also known for this during his days at Leeds.
I believe that what prompted the eventual move to Manu.

highbury said:
Another case again.

Eh ... Actually Kenntona ... your namesake also known for this during his days at Leeds.
I believe that what prompted the eventual move to Manu.

Leslie Ash: My life as a footballer's wife | Media | The Guardian

"In Footballers' Wives everyone appears to be having an illicit affair with everyone else, nipping off for a few hours of passion with the new Italian signing. In my day, a few - one or two - of the wives might have had affairs, but mostly they were totally devoted to their husbands. When Lee was at Leeds a horrible rumour came out that I was having an affair with Eric Cantona after he left. They put it about that I was the reason Cantona left Leeds. Of course I didn't have an affair with him. The same thing happened to two other players' wives, but because I was on TV it stuck with me."

Wow..apparently douchebaggery runs in the family

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups