The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Re: The Barclays Premiership / Champions League Thread

Stoke is good at home, compounded by Man Utd's shaky away form...... haiz.......

I watched how Arsenal tore Birmingham apart at St Andrews, how come Man Utd struggled there few days ago?

Next game vs Stoke at Old Trafford......:thumbsup:

I watched how Arsenal tore Birmingham apart at St Andrews, how come Man Utd struggled there few days ago?

i m puzzled too........................but rvp dived for a free kick , if it stand 0-0 after that....MAYBe different story!
maybe birmingham exhuast all their energy against united( till 90+mins) cannot carry their good work to that game!!
maybe...... ...huh huh

etan1;602651 said:
Next game vs Stoke at Old Trafford......:thumbsup:

i just have a good feeling comes MAY, we will be crown champion again!!! 19th time!
OVER TAKE LIVERPOOL! :cloud9:

Phew! Busy Xmas and New Year fixture list.
Prediction for the upcoming fixtures :

Stoke to beat Manu by 1-0 off a Rory Delap long throw.

Toffees to beat the Yids

Arsenal to beat ManC. Arshavin shot deflected of Adebayor into the net.

A chant off the terraces :

He's five-foot FOURRR!!, He's five-foot FOURRRR!
We've got ARSHAVIN!!!
F**k ADEBAYORRRR!!!
:dance:

I gotta give it to them for the creativity for these chants.

Not a good display by Man U, but Chicharito and Nani does it!

Should be an easy game, but Man Utd always make it look very tough........

Stat seen on mio stadium....

Man U has won away twice out of 9 games this season, and both games, Gary Neville started...! :slaphead:

arsenal..vs city.
honestly hoping for a gunner victory!! to put some distance between them and us!
plus+++++ some injuires and suspension as well>>.>>>>>> etan1 say wan!

jonleeck;603205 said:
arsenal..vs city.
honestly hoping for a gunner victory!! to put some distance between them and us!

Bro, you're always hoping to see other teams have injuries and suspensions (probably your 3rd and 4th posts on this)... if you want to win it, win it fairly.

dleo;603213 said:
Bro, you're always hoping to see other teams have injuries and suspensions (probably your 3rd and 4th posts on this)... if you want to win it, win it fairly.

boh bian... the ref is blind..:verysad:
how to win fairly..

jonleeck;603205 said:
arsenal..vs city.

Thks for cheering the gooners. I hope we beat the Mancs too.

You do realise however, that from your perspective, a draw should be the desired result since looking at the points table (due to the game in hand) a gooner victory would bring us closer to Manu ... unless of course you have already dismissed Arsenal as title contenders.

That said ... I could probably understand it from the angle of a Manchester rivalry.

On a separate note, Manu's unbeated run this season is 20 BPL games. Do you know if the run stretches back to last season as well and if so, what is the count now?

*secretly crosses fingers behind back that the 49 number will be safe*

Based on form, it will be 50/50........... Man City does not have this squad 2 seasons back.

highbury;603274 said:
Thks for cheering the gooners. I hope we beat the Mancs too.

You do realise however, that from your perspective, a draw should be the desired result since looking at the points table (due to the game in hand) a gooner victory would bring us closer to Manu ... unless of course you have already dismissed Arsenal as title contenders.

That said ... I could probably understand it from the angle of a Manchester rivalry.

On a separate note, Manu's unbeated run this season is 20 BPL games. Do you know if the run stretches back to last season as well and if so, what is the count now?

*secretly crosses fingers behind back that the 49 number will be safe*

unless of course you have already dismissed Arsenal as title contenders......:dance:
unbeaten for another 30BPL matches?... i dun think so!...if u look at the current united squad as compare to the invincible 49 unbeaten run.

highbury;602666 said:
Phew! Busy Xmas and New Year fixture list.
Prediction for the upcoming fixtures :

Stoke to beat Manu by 1-0 off a Rory Delap long throw.

Toffees to beat the Yids

Arsenal to beat ManC. Arshavin shot deflected of Adebayor into the net.

A chant off the terraces :

He's five-foot FOURRR!!, He's five-foot FOURRRR!
We've got ARSHAVIN!!!
F**k ADEBAYORRRR!!!
:dance:

I gotta give it to them for the creativity for these chants.

Adebayor has been left out of the team, so he wont be playing tonight .

Anyway, I am sure the Emirates faithful will still be singing the above song. They sang it with gusto at Modestos (Arsenal Singapore fan club) and my son kept asking me what is the last line... I replied, "stupid Adebayor"

dleo;603369 said:

Anyway, I am sure the Emirates faithful will still be singing the above song. They sang it with gusto at Modestos (Arsenal Singapore fan club) and my son kept asking me what is the last line... I replied, "stupid Adebayor"

Hehe.... How old is your son?

Be careful he does not use this in class when saying someone is stupid....:thumbsup:

Man u played like shit...am Man u fan btw...wahhaha....worst Man U side I seen for a while....gone were the fast attacking pace or moment of brilliance....now Man U side is horseman like....See Fletcher and Carrick, I sian half...See Rooney doing what Emile or Kevin Davies can do...I even more sians...no flair no explosiveness abt him anymore...v disappointed w his progress since he scored a hat trick for us aga Fernabace in a champ leg match ions ago....Best Man U player or fav for me is Berbatov! Man U shld count themselves lucky to be top...lets hope performances improve thereon...LELONG Carrick anyone?

Niva;603376 said:
Man u played like shit...am Man u fan btw...wahhaha....worst Man U side I seen for a while....gone were the fast attacking pace or moment of brilliance....now Man U side is horseman like....See Fletcher and Carrick, I sian half...See Rooney doing what Emile or Kevin Davies can do...I even more sians...no flair no explosiveness abt him anymore...v disappointed w his progress since he scored a hat trick for us aga Fernabace in a champ leg match ions ago....Best Man U player or fav for me is Berbatov! Man U shld count themselves lucky to be top...lets hope performances improve thereon...LELONG Carrick anyone?

agreed! Aka Chelsea??

dleo;603369 said:

Mate. When you said you bring your son to the Liz to watch games, I would be apprehensive. As you may have experienced, some of the chants can be quite vulgar. Especially the Spurs ones.I think your son would probably know you're bluffing but in any case please cover his ears. I enjoy it for what it is as this is the culture in stadiums in England. You should have gone there years ago before the club became official and during the Henry,Pires, Bergkamp era. Some of the song were very nice.

Just one from the old days (when Roy Keane was playing) and cesc just started :
Fabregas oh-oh-oh-oh
Fabregas oh-oh-oh-oh
He's only SEVENTEEN!
He's better than Roy KEANE!!

Roy Keane retired and Cesc grew up so now the song is about Gerard.

Actually, come to think of it .... no point covering your son's ears ... every time there is a bad tackle or ref decision ... the vulgarities all come out ... from me also.

During the old days at the National Stadium for Malaysia Cup I remember the usual whistle that goes :
Pe-pe
Pe-pe-pe
Pe-pe-pe-PEEP
B***H!!
That's a real local classic but I think this is now banned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatimaallen
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back